AI does not finish buildings

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

I just tried out a recent test version (dev-test 3573) and it seems that the AI players never finish the construction of any building because the builders are given new build orders. Is this a known bug? Did I do anything wrong?
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Re: AI does not finish buildings

Post by yuritch »

Hi submarine, long time you haven't been active :)

Thanks for noticing the bug, looks like no one was playing vs CRAIG lately.
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Indeed - Finishing my studies, PhD and first year of industry work took its toll...

Spring1944 is looking really nice! Is this problem easy to fix (e.g. by just editing a line in a LUA script)? The technical concept behind the S44 AI seems to be quite different to the "old" AIs from my days ;)
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Well, it's most probably either switch to OO unitdefs or spring 98 that caused this (because those two were the biggest recent changes in S44 and CRAIG used to work before them).

I don't understand CRAIG internals well enough, will have to take a look at them (in 2 days or so). Maybe FLOZi will have some ideas when he shows up.

Anyway, the fix will surely involve editing lua, in one or both of unitdefs and CRAIG (which is a gadget). Can't say if it's a 1-line fix however.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

CRAIG is fixed now (at least that one bug)
submarine
AI Developer

Post by submarine »

Cool, thx! The AI player is finishing buildings again ;)

It seems that Soviet AI Players build units/buildings but do not use them to capture flags/attack (US worked fine though) - is this a known issue?

Edit: Soviet worked on different map (MoroRiver)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Probably soviets are only working correctly on maps with an AI config atm then

edit: though on any map without AI config CRAIG just sets a fight order on opposing HQ, so won't 'intelligently' capture any points no matter which side

Return to “Spring: 1944”