Simbase for 0.96

Simbase for 0.96

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

code_man

Simbase for 0.96

Post by code_man »

I fixed simbase a25.1-edit4 for 0.96, i call it A26.
Tested it only roughly, but so far i couldnt find any bugs or whatever.
Im probably a shitty maintainer, but fuck it atleast il try and fail.
Feel free to post suggestions or whatever.
Also someone do me a favor and put this on springfiles for me.
simbase-a26.sd7
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Simbase for 0.96

Post by CarRepairer »

As you can see here http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2 Spring 83.0 came out in November of 2011, nearly three years ago. Yet you dabble in a version that isn't even at 1.0 yet? Get with the times.
pnöpel
XTA Developer

Post by pnöpel »

so your game is full of eco? quite interesting!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Dolphins everywhere..

Dolphin stallin on the beaches..

Tailprancing in the shallow waters of dsd..
knorke

Post by knorke »

Neat. :-)
Simbase has those abstract models, that might make it look decent even after so many years.

Register an account on springfiles and you can upload yourself ;)
Then it will also show you as author and you can edit description, pictures etc.

1) add the basic LuaUI that is "default" in spring: healthbars, custom formations,..

2) textures missing or not working (rectangles instead of sprites) possible they were once in springcontent.sdz?

3) projectiles of "Rocket Artillery" fly in strange way

4) [Sound] Warning: Can not play non-mono "sounds/query.wav" in 3d.
:arrow: sound files must be mono

5) When firing the big laser turret I think:[f=0011919] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, UnitDamaged, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/megaimpulse.lua"]:29: GetUnitPosition(): Bad unitID: -1

(did not look)

6)
[f=0000000] Error: 3, gamedata/resources.lua, [string "gamedata/resources.lua"]:8: unfinished string near '"smoke/smoke04.tga,'
[f=0000000] Error: Failed to load resources: [string "gamedata/resources.lua"]:8: unfinished string near '"smoke/smoke04.tga,'

:arrow: smoke08 = "smoke/smoke08.tga",

7) units look quite wrong, lots of black textures instead of white.
(as seen here http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 74#p557291 )

This maybe helpful for updating some things, but might also be that the mod is too old:
http://springrts.com/wiki/EngineChangelogForContentDevs
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

aw man I forgot KDR was working with pre-1.0 versions. This is definitely missing content compared to 1.0
code_man

Post by code_man »

Ok i hope the thing you linked really is the proper one.
I already begun updating it to the new version, but with the new one i have to keep track of alot more changes, so its gonna take me a while.

And thanks for testing so nicely knorke, but this situation made your input usless.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Yup this is the right one I think!

and knorke's 1&2 are still relevant I think
code_man

Post by code_man »

Alright here is the updated version for 96 called 1.1, from 1.0(the one with the white buildings).

For the sake of it, Changes from 1.0:
  1. Hovercraft have had their weapons colored and energy use/dmg ratio adjusted to be more different from one another acording to techlevel.
  2. Animation script erros fixed.
  3. Readed the flame turret as tech1 base defence.
  4. Added cube, a low tier wall of sorts.
  5. Gattling laser fire rate buffed and damage reduced.
  6. EMG turret sound added.
  7. Tech structure buildrate slightly increased acording to techleve.
  8. Had to cut mound and ditch temporarly. :cry:
  9. Metal converters use more energy proprtionate to their techlevel.
  10. Laserwall height decreased and made it rainbow colored lol. :-)
  11. I think i forgot something, but fuck it.
There are some issues however that i didnt get to fix in time or found later and decided not to delay the release.
  • Chat sound unavailable.
  • Some stuff shoots at air vehicles even tough its not supposed to.
  • Shields cannot be turned off.
  • Commander is hard to see and somewhat useless as it has no effective weapons and cannot move.
  • Vehicles are actually sort of useless, i dont know if that was intended in the old game, but i hadnt changed balance mostly.
  • Artillery refuses to fire sometimes and generally seems to fire only once when given a terrain attack order.
  • A players is defeated when commander dies, however the game doesnt end currently players must keep manually track who was defeated. :oops:
  • Mines are op as hell.
  • Base extension requires too much effort.
  • No AI support, sorry you will just have to play against friends i guess.
Otherwise the game is quite playable and bugfree other than listed above.
Should be a nice smaller game for spring.

Il work towards 1.2 and try fix these issues and more, hopefully shouldnt take too long.

Gonna up to springfiles later when its back up.
simbase-1.1.sdz
(7.31 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

8 ) Refer to version 1.0 as unity
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

code_man wrote:Laserwall height decreased and made it rainbow colored lol. :-)
fantastic choice. i'd increase their damage by an order of magnitude also just for the heck of it
code_man wrote:Commander is hard to see and somewhat useless as it has no effective weapons and cannot move.
yeah it's supposed to fade in, not sure what's going on there. needs a big laser (didn't it have one?)
code_man wrote:Vehicles are actually sort of useless, i dont know if that was intended in the old game, but i hadnt changed balance mostly.
absolutely by design!

a few unit scripts are pretty broken - the nano turrets don't turret and the anni2 doesn't either (i think it had a fancier firing sequence too?)

the laserdfens is black except for the teamcolour. nooo idea what's going on there and that was definitely the best looking unit

in any case good work dude, still a few issues here and there but definitely [as playable as it ever was]
Jools wrote:8 ) Refer to version 1.0 as unity
so these new releases should be called "overunity edition"? i support this notion
code_man

Post by code_man »

Peet wrote: fantastic choice. i'd increase their damage by an order of magnitude also just for the heck of it
Already done in the dev version.
Peet wrote: yeah it's supposed to fade in, not sure what's going on there. needs a big laser (didn't it have one?)
I think used the wrong commander definition file out of laziness then forgot and i only partially converted the script due to complexity.
The cob script had an error.
Peet wrote: absolutely by design!
I thought so.
During the test i thought they were a bit weak, but i took a second look at the definitions and must say they are totally underpowered in almost any aspect, compared to turrets.
You need a shitton of them and they such a large army can be blow away too easely.

Il give them a little buff in firepower and armor.

Also the gap beween tier 1 and tier 2 unit stats is minimal but the gap between tier 2 and 3 units in stats is HUGE, il have to adjust this too.
Peet wrote: a few unit scripts are pretty broken - the nano turrets don't turret and the anni2 doesn't either (i think it had a fancier firing sequence too?)
I forgot about fixing the nano turrets completely.

The annihilator is also only partially converted, but i had a rough time with it and didnt want to spend too much jerking around.
Its also a bit saucy to use sometimes, i still dont know if its the unit def or the animation, but il figure it out.

I converted like a dozen animation scripts and half of them only partially, its a real ballbuster sometimes.
Il convert scripts to lua as i go, i had to convert the ones i did and got a bit burned out but now they function i can easy up a bit and take my proper time.

BTW: was there an annihilator MK.I?
Peet wrote: the laserdfens is black except for the teamcolour. nooo idea what's going on there and that was definitely the best looking unit
The laserdefens was invisible, it was because of the texture was dds and s3o/tga or whatever the hell encodes the teamcolor differently than other formats.
At first i thought it was the script and for lack of time i had to drag a friend to compile scripts for me.
It was only after that where we found out it was the texture causing the problems.
Unfortuneltly i couldnt convert the channels properly so thats why its black.
Il give it a shot later again.
Peet wrote: in any case good work dude, still a few issues here and there but definitely [as playable as it ever was]
Glad you like it.
Il prolly have most of the issues resloved in 1.2 which should be out next month or so and try to squeeze in a few extra new units to make things exciting.

Does someone here can lend me an autohost?
I would like to schedule a game sometime (cant this weekedn tough :/) but i have had trouble hosting on my own box.

Return to “Game Releases”