Holy crap -> Spam

Holy crap -> Spam

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

scifi

Holy crap -> Spam

Post by scifi »

D:

I sence the presence of bots, no human can create threads with 0 to 1 second intervals.

Its already like more than 12 threads.

And btw some spam threads have been up for 2 hours, the recent ones have been up for 30 minutes.

I know people have lives but oh well, i guess im here because my RSS feed just got spamed xD
Anarchid

Re: Holy crap -> Spam

Post by Anarchid »

I'll just leave this here.
gajop

Post by gajop »

I've seen them but currently only admins can delete them efficiently (by deleting the user), moderators have to go thread by thread and delete each one separately.
I tend to just delete them when there are about 2~ threads per user.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Cant we harness there spaminal energys, just like google harness the power of the captcha to translate its books?

Cant we add captchas that use the spammers to translate UnitDescriptions - or Wiki Articles

imagine a world where there would be a UnitDef:
damage = 99, -- the hitpoints of the unit
isCheapKitchen =true,
In the end, the internet corrupts all the good ideas. You only got to be faster corrupting and get divergent from the downfall..
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I've seen forums with per-post CAPTCHAs... would certainly stem the tide but would also be really annoying.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

SinbadEV wrote:I've seen forums with per-post CAPTCHAs... would certainly stem the tide but would also be really annoying.
maybe only for the first hundred or so posts?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

another strategy entirely.. what if- bare with me- we pretended the spammers were actually diverting here - to game while working.. so we transform there posts into regular "Nerf/Boost" balance requests and complaining about a boring job, which is only lightend up by gaming.

And let the struggle to explain to there work-supervisors that they posted what they were suppossed to post. Finally we demand for them to login to the spring server via weblobby as part of the join up process to post.

I can imagine somebody not beeing happy at posting spamscreencaps to proove he did his job.

Bonus for traffic if they have to dl engine and game..
scifi

Post by scifi »

gajop wrote:I've seen them but currently only admins can delete them efficiently (by deleting the user), moderators have to go thread by thread and delete each one separately.
I tend to just delete them when there are about 2~ threads per user.
hmm thats weird, maybe moderators could have a little more acess to stuff, but then again i do not know how hard it is to ban someones IP/acount.
maybe only for the first hundred or so posts?
well these looked like bots, not people so even if it was for a random amount of posts (ex from 4 to 10) i do not know how effective that would be.

btw they seam to love ------- and movies for some weird reason xD
gajop

Post by gajop »

I'd also like to ask users not to bump/post in those spam threads.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

always those oozers - get a afterlife

seriously- my spam-combat suggestions were not taking seriously. spammers got to show there work to some supervisor.. now if there was not spam on the page, but instead talking about playing this game during work- they would get in trouble..

Return to “General Discussion”