[plugin] AddBoxPolar

[plugin] AddBoxPolar

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Jools
XTA Developer

[plugin] AddBoxPolar

Post by Jools »

How can I have my plugin added to spads official plugins list? This one: http://springrts.com/wiki/SPADS_official_plugins_list

Is there some homologation process?
Attachments
addBoxPolar_0.2.zip
Version 0.2
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost

Post by bibim »

First thanks for your work on this SPADS plugin!

The idea behind the official SPADS plugins list is that autohost admins have some "guarantee" that these plugins should integrate flawlessly and be consistent with SPADS environment (command names consistency, no side effect, no excessive cpu/memory usage etc.). So indeed, basically this list must only contain plugins I did myself or plugins I reviewed for validation.

I took a look at your plugin and when I have time I think I will make a few small improvements/changes to it (if you allow it), so that it can be listed in the official list:
- rename !addboxpolar to !splitffa, !splitcircular, or !splitpolar (!addbox commands are normally used to actually add a single new box, whereas !split commands are the ones used to split the map and recreate the start boxes from scratch, which is what your command is doing)
- check the startpostype mode before allowing to run the command
- remove only existing startboxes
- add an optional "offset" parameter (in degrees? default: 0) to allow changing the first startbox placement and thus making it possible to align the generated startboxes with some existing relief/feature on ffa maps
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost

Post by Jools »

Go ahead! I think I also wrote about these limitations, and I also thought about adding two parameters for offsetting the origin.

For some reason, the boxes that are added with this command actually do not turn out to be boxes, but they become lines. They are shown as boxes on minimap and in lobby, but in-game you can actually only place at their top coordinates. It's very weird.

Also, for some reason (I thnik I wrote this too), they only work until 15 boxes. Consecutive boxes fail to be added.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”