Nostalgia - Page 7

Nostalgia

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: Nostalgia

Post by smoth »

yanom wrote:
tombom wrote: E&E. Best mod ever.
What happend to that exacly?
Certain forum individuals feel that part of spring is trolling anyone who devs the spring games, anyone who maps, anyone who breathes. Fang was targeted and harrased on a daily basis. This community has a cancer of individuals who to this date make great efforts in tearing down people who contribute to the community.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Its the envy of those who would like to create, but cant, because they lack the comitment. Deadly wounded in there selfesteem with there fairykingdoms skycastle-mod so close, but forever out of reach, they decided to tear down their neighbours house, speaking " If they can have, and but i cant none, undone thy works, undone, undone."

The real joke starts were Fang relied on those would-i-could-i-should-Is for selfesteem and testing responses.

PS: I dont want to bash on everybody who came here with mental plans.. (beeing among them myself) and so i want to add, that it the behaviour smoth mentioned depends on the character of the dreamer.

Once again i blame the "everyone an ass-tronaut" dream for hindering trollkin from leading a happy live. Have a asspirationaspirin. Should cure.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

TradeMark wrote:
Regret wrote:
NOiZE wrote:Removed commnapping :o
Beginning of an end.
yeah once TFC left the BA is practically gonna be the next CA now (unpopular & assfucked by thousands of lua crap, lol the units are now lua'd).

User was warned for this post. Felony 2.
ahgahaha,,,,..
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

adding TFC to nostalgia list is a need tho, many ppl missed him day after ;(
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Wombat wrote:adding TFC to nostalgia list is a need tho, many ppl missed him day after ;(
dude... you are begging for a board warning there. stop it right noe.

User was banned(one day) for this post. - Back seat moderation.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

I've had 3 board warnings to date, they are badges of honor, why would you want to prevent them.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Certain forum individuals feel that part of spring is trolling anyone who is particularly prone to making a fuss of being trolled, and have realised that devs of spring games, anyone who maps, anyone who breathes are particularly rich pickings. Fang was targeted and harrased on a daily basis. This community has a cancer of individuals who to this date make great efforts in tearing down people who contribute to the community, made worse by an initial utter and disastrous failure of moderation, and the continued denial of the problem, that set the precedent that it was A-O-KAY, rather than wield the banhammer.
fixed
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

if there wasnt the trullin, i would have to get a live...
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

While you're at it, why not also blame war and poverty on trolls?
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

AF wrote:BLAHBLAHBLAH
fixed
I hope I can do my part to rectify the situation.

:P
Manmax

Post by Manmax »

So now we are in 2014.. What are you playing?

I play ZK, it has a nice community and varied types of players (1v1, small teams, large teams).
smoth

Post by smoth »

Dw8 extreme legends while I take a break from spring
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Living and working in Germany for a year at Airbus (2 months left) for the third-year placement on my Computer Science award at uni with only about 4 hours of free time a day but I'm juggling Hearthstone, Warsow and starting to get into DotA2! :-)
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

We've just started playing Awesomenauts with some friends, it is ridiculously fun
Petah

Post by Petah »

Planetary Annihilation
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I miss watching KAI 0.9 with a 20% handicap trash Drone, Daywalker, Detri et al on CC redux at EE 0.163
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

for Infinity
Manmax

Post by Manmax »

What is KAI 0.9? A computer bot?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

An old spring AI that was probably the best RTS AI ever made to date. It micromanaged units so they avoided range circles of enemy units whilst concentrating range circles of its own units with vicious efficency. It used pathing to circumvent defences, and placed its own defences on elevations and chokepoints. It used a maphack but no other cheating - It ecoed in EE 0.163 perfectly. It would use its visibility of the whole map to build the counter units to what the enemy produces - so it would make AA when the enemy started to make planes. Impossible to understate how great it was to watch KAI at work.

The thesis: http://ntnu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/d ... TEXT01.pdf

read from page 71 for a walkthrough of KAI stompign me at EE
Manmax

Post by Manmax »

I am not able to read such material... but:

1. what is EE?
2. why is KAI no longer used if it is that awsome?

Return to “General Discussion”