spring-multithreaded - Page 2

spring-multithreaded

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

PixelOfDeath

Re: spring-multithreaded

Post by PixelOfDeath »

Any chance to get the src? I'm running on Linux most of the time. Didn't try the git version so far because I guess it has changes that could cause desync!?
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

PixelOfDeath wrote:Any chance to get the src? I'm running on Linux most of the time. Didn't try the git version so far because I guess it has changes that could cause desync!?
Master branch contains the code for the current release.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Use the 85MT branch
PixelOfDeath wrote:MT worked very well for me until 84. In that version I get deadlocks at about 20-40 minutes BA gameplay. (I only play BA)
If this happens, and there is some interesting stuff in your infolog, please Mantis it. Otherwise it might never get fixed.
PixelOfDeath

Post by PixelOfDeath »

SirMaverick wrote:Master branch contains the code for the current release.
Current release with bug fixes that are not included in the normal download/src?
zerver wrote:Use the 85MT branch
PixelOfDeath wrote:MT worked very well for me until 84. In that version I get deadlocks at about 20-40 minutes BA gameplay. (I only play BA)
If this happens, and there is some interesting stuff in your infolog, please Mantis it. Otherwise it might never get fixed.
Hmm... -_- http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27209
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Thanks. I believe that one is fixed already. If you used mantis instead, I could say for sure :)
PixelOfDeath

Post by PixelOfDeath »

Hmm got the 85mt version from git... now the "smart" lobby won't let my use multiplayer because I use a "different" spring version.

I'm currently trying to make me a executable that uses the same version numbers as the 85 release.

Is there a way to tell the lobby to shut up and just let me use the "other" version?

EDIT:
Ok, got that executable with old version numbers compiled.
MT Works so far. \o/ :D

Now lets see what happens on the next 12 vs 12 dsd game. ;)
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Nice that you got it working. You could also have taken just the executable compiled from 85MT and manually added it to the installation directory of the official 85.0 build.
Mach2Infinity

Post by Mach2Infinity »

I have a Core i7 950 3.16GHz CPU with 12GB RAM and a GTX 295 with the latest 295.73 Nvidia drivers. As before when I played on it last, which was last year. I would get major slow down when playing with four bots on the 2 Continents Remake map for Balanced Annihilation 7.63. I use Spring v85.0. Is the source engine programmed to make use of multi-core CPUs? Are there any options I should check/uncheck? I also have 'HT' disabled in my BIOS as apparently it helps when I play ArmA Operation Arrowhead - should I re-enable it?
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Not sure why disabling HT would do any good. Graphics driver issue? In that case some tweaking of the graphics driver settings (such as the good old "optimized threading") might help.

Are you using this?
http://springfiles.com/spring/game-inst ... executable
Mach2Infinity

Post by Mach2Infinity »

zerver wrote:Not sure why disabling HT would do any good. Graphics driver issue? In that case some tweaking of the graphics driver settings (such as the good old "optimized threading") might help.

Are you using this?
http://springfiles.com/spring/game-inst ... executable
I tried it but I couldn't open the lobby from the menu. As I mostly play multiplayer games.

As for having disabled "HT", ArmA is a fussy game and you have to make tweaks in the starting parameters sometimes to get a decent performance out of the game.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

I tried it but I couldn't open the lobby from the menu.
You are not supposed to. As the instruction says, unzip it to your Spring installation folder. Then you also need to configure your lobby client to use it. In Springlobby, Edit --> Preferences --> Spring --> Spring executable.
Mach2Infinity

Post by Mach2Infinity »

Thank you. To be fair the instruction only tells you where to put the .exe. Not what to do with it exactly. It should've come with a readme file. Anyway, it's all sorted. I just need to sort out the Spring lobby error now!
DoR

Post by DoR »

Just Curious, is there a working multi-thread for 96.0?
Thanks
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

still alive but banned ...
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

spring.exe is multi-threaded by default now - no extra executable anymore. There exists a exe banned for GPL-violation that is more multi-threaded, but doesn't sync with current main spring.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

96-20140501 MT uses very different tech and is therefore incompatible.

It requires both host and game to be MT-capable.

3-9x faster than Spring, depending on game and CPU.
Jonny5isalivetm

Post by Jonny5isalivetm »

Please kiss and make up we miss you and wonderful "full" MT :DD well FFA does anyway.

Return to “Help & Bugs”