Unacceptable unbalance tactical nukes - Page 2

Unacceptable unbalance tactical nukes

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Silentwings

Re: Unacceptable unbalance tactical nukes

Post by Silentwings »

I wish you would stop making balance changes based on challenges some players face in very specific situations.
Behe didn't make that change - I did - and it was aimed generally and not with any specific situation in mind. The range is still easily big enough to use it as a porc breaker, but now (at least, on most maps) you have to work a little harder to hit bases too. It was also made well before this thread existed & was planned since a while ago.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Silentwings wrote:
I wish you would stop making balance changes based on challenges some players face in very specific situations.
Behe didn't make that change - I did - and it was aimed generally and not with any specific situation in mind. The range is still easily big enough to use it as a porc breaker, but now (at least, on most maps) you have to work a little harder to hit bases too. It was also made well before this thread existed & was planned since a while ago.
Thats even worse.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

To be honest, although I agree with your general point earlier about tacnukes in FFA, your last two posts contained no reasons (beyond incorrect assumptions) and fell below the standard of constructive criticism that's expected in this forum.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Silentwings wrote:To be honest, although I agree with your general point earlier about tacnukes in FFA, your last two posts contained no reasons (beyond incorrect assumptions) and fell below the standard of constructive criticism that's expected in this forum.
To be honest, I gave up on constructive criticism for the BA devteam a while ago (then left the #badev channel). Anything I say seems to be rejected because I say it or is subjected to extreme scrutiny. Any bug I report requires extensive lobbying and presenting evidence. Many balance changes requested for invalid reasons are applied while sensible input is ignored.

Quite different from other game devs who recognize the value of my input.

Do you even wonder why hardly any bugs are reported?
smoth

Post by smoth »

So because they don't just take your feedback as fact, without question, you raged?
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

smoth wrote:So because they don't just take your feedback as fact, without question, you raged?
No. I tried reasoning for a long time. A series of decisions made led me to believe it would be better for me to quit the channel.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

No, because many are.
Any bug I report requires extensive lobbying and presenting evidence. Many balance changes requested for invalid reasons are applied while sensible input is ignored.
Since very few balance changes are applied in total, I can't take that too seriously. Of course evidence is required in bug reports.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Silentwings wrote:
No, because many are.
Well, I know of a bunch of players that stopped reporting them and I know of a multitude of bugs that aren't being reported.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Imo there is no more serious discussion to be had here.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

My personal opinion: I really appreciate klap for being one of the few people having enough patience to come here and report bugs. He sometimes spots really hard to track down bugs. But sometimes he brings bugs to the table that seem quite obvious but sometimes they still take several pages and an extremely detailed description to make the devs even accept that the bug exists at all.
I am sorry for often not having the patience myself (anymore). I understand that bug reports like "shit is not working" do not serve any purpose at all. But the reactions to even well-meant bug reports feel often a bit hostile and dismissive. So klap: keep up the good work!
matyhaty

Post by matyhaty »

Tac Nukes are no good.

Whether your a porc-er or an attacker, (Which either is a fair choice) tac nukes spoil many maps (typically thos where the distance between bases isnt that great - often over inpassable ground / out of map areas.

But the key this is, is that EVERY unit in the entire game has a counter.

Shield / Plasma cannons.
Nuke / Anti Nuke
Zeus vs Zippers
etc etc.....

The whole point is choosing the right units to use at the right time.
However two stand out as non counter-able. Tac Nuke and EMP.

Also, another key issue is that Tac Nuke is a 'later phase of the game' where Nano's can be one of the most important units on the map. Tac Nukes will knock these out no problem. EMP has the same effect with a lesser effect.

I would personally say that if you want to keep these units their range should be reduced massively, this will mean people can still use them if the emeny has very heavy proc.
NeOmega

Post by NeOmega »

This is all based on people who super clump their bases. You can spread out your base to make it more resistant to bombings and tac nukes. Super-clumping has advantages and disadvantages. It gives you an economic edge, but also exposes you to catastrophic failure.

And I have yet to see a game where tac nukes turned it around. They are not used nearly as often as snipers, which show up almost every game.

Locked because tacnukes changed since this thread took place. Start new thread!

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”