SpringLobby 0.274 released! - Page 4

SpringLobby 0.274 released!

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Re: SpringLobby 0.186 released!

Post by raaar »

i got 0.186 msw and it reverts to the default chat channels when i quit/reconnect.

Am i supposed to do something to make the list of chat channels persistant? I don't remember having to do anything before, just join them once, quit...and when you reconnect you'd automatically join them every time.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

edit -> autojoin channels
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

ah, i missed that.

"join channel" and "channel list" is in "tools", but "autojoin channels" is in "edit", where the preferences are.

thanks.
smoth

Post by smoth »

*** Caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating
woot. Soo I just plugged in my pc and updates spring lobby. I now cannot run spring lobby. I tried getting the latest, deleting the contents of my spring dir then getting the 186 again. Still this error.

So where can I track it down?
Zantza

Post by Zantza »

Yup, i'm getting the same error with 186 right on startup: *** Caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating. Funny thing is that 186 was working for a few days and now doesn't for some reason.
smoth

Post by smoth »

well at least it isn't just me.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

aw, sorry, didn't get a notification about new posts here.

@Zantza
does this version work for you? for smoth it seemed to work:

http://springlobby.info/temp/builds/abma/sl_master.zip

just overwrite the existing sprinlobby.exe...

if it works without new bad bugs, i'll release this as 0.187.

@raar:

when inside the channel, you can also right click an select "automaticly join channel"

@others:

please test
http://springlobby.info/temp/builds/abma/sl_master.zip

thanks!

(atm it seems i'm the only tester, so... impossible to find all bugs for me)
Zantza

Post by Zantza »

That version seems to work so far. Atleast i am able to get ingame.
Floris

Re: SpringLobby 0.188 released!

Post by Floris »

The filter on the bottom of the battlelist has 2 minor bugs: 'The Max. Player' and 'Spectator' dropdowns start with an empty value instead of 'All'. Thus no battles show up and confused me for a bit.
100Gbps

Re: SpringLobby 0.188 released!

Post by 100Gbps »

Floris wrote:The filter on the bottom of the battlelist has 2 minor bugs: 'The Max. Player' and 'Spectator' dropdowns start with an empty value instead of 'All'. Thus no battles show up and confused me for a bit.
You have working filter? :shock:

Yep, the bug is/was in 'Spectator' option, even set 'All', I've got no battles. Now with 0.188 they show properly
abma
Spring Developer

Re: SpringLobby 0.189 released!

Post by abma »

0.189 released. autoupdate of 0.188 is broken, you have to manual update:

http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31983

sorry for the trouble!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

abma wrote:autoupdate of 0.188 is broken, you have to manual update
Warrum?
100Gbps

Post by 100Gbps »

Got a problem with mods detection - have BA 7.98 two times. Happened after spec-joined to a battle, mod was automatically downloaded, but noticed that it's not in 'games' subdir. Downloaded it manually and placed sdz in that folder.

What file(s) must delete to leave only the sdz?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

FLOZi wrote:
abma wrote:autoupdate of 0.188 is broken, you have to manual update
Warrum?
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31983
100Gbps wrote:Got a problem with mods detection - have BA 7.98 two times. Happened after spec-joined to a battle, mod was automatically downloaded, but noticed that it's not in 'games' subdir. Downloaded it manually and placed sdz in that folder.

What file(s) must delete to leave only the sdz?
i guess you've also the rapid package. i suggest you to delete the .sdz. finding the correct .sdp takes more time (you have to edit ArchiveCache.lua and find the .sdp filename for it and delete this file in the packages dir)
qray

Post by qray »

Hi.

Just tried the version linked in the first post (says version "189" in the post, but shows version "unknown" after compiling) and compiled in on ubuntu 12.04. I didn't install it yet but just started the compiled binary from the src directory (to have the option to easily switch between versions).

Noticed a few things compared to 168 (from the Ubuntu repos):

1) The map overview picture if I go in the "battleroom" section on the "map" tab is very blurry and low-res. It was very sharp in the old version. Is there a reason this changed?

2) If I choose one of my koth maps (cage fight or Simple 6 Way), where you can enable KOTH mode by setting a time (number) in the map options, this option seems not to be parsed right anymore. I get always "0". It works with v168 of the lobby.
The other map options like daytime etc. get parsed (but they are lists with strings and the koth time is a number).
Should I file a bug report for this?

Besides these points, the new version seems to work much better. Thanks for the work! :-)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

1) The map overview picture if I go in the "battleroom" section on the "map" tab is very blurry and low-res. It was very sharp in the old version. Is there a reason this changed?
known bug in caching. when you start springlobby and open the singleplayer first and select the map there you get the "high-res" images. also thumbnail image size was reduced from 1024x1024 to 512x512 because the space/memory wasted by thumbnail images was huge and difference wasn't so big in visual quality.
qray wrote:2) If I choose one of my koth maps (cage fight or Simple 6 Way), where you can enable KOTH mode by setting a time (number) in the map options, this option seems not to be parsed right anymore. I get always "0". It works with v168 of the lobby.
The other map options like daytime etc. get parsed (but they are lists with strings and the koth time is a number).
Should I file a bug report for this?
yes, please. i don't really see whats could be wrong atm.

what does "i get always 0" mean? springlobby shows this setting correctly it seems.
qray

Post by qray »

abma wrote: yes, please. i don't really see whats could be wrong atm.

what does "i get always 0" mean? springlobby shows this setting correctly it seems.
Bug report is filed.

With "i get always 0" I meant, that I added to the gadget that uses this map option a Spring.Echo and Spring.GetMapOptions().kothhilltime returns always zero -the default value- even if hill time is set to non zero value in the lobby.
abma
Spring Developer

Re: SpringLobby 0.190 released!

Post by abma »

0.190 released. first release using the new updater, let's see how well it works.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

when running springlobby 0.189, i'm prompted to update to 0.190, but the update fails.

(attached error screenshots)
Attachments
springlobby_0.190_update error2.jpg
error 2
(130.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
springlobby_0.190_update error.jpg
error
(108.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@raaar:

can you paste the output of help->system info please?

Return to “SpringLobby Client”