Bitcoin mining made easy - Page 30

Bitcoin mining made easy

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cheesecan

Re: Bitcoin mining made easy

Post by Cheesecan »

cheapsheep wrote:Awww... the constructive pair of boys is back.
Who are you talking to, Cheesecan? Do you know anyone using MtGox or is this just a post you made after a binge friday night?
Personal attack much? Obviously someone is using this crap:
cheapsheep
Lobby Developer

Post by cheapsheep »

smoth wrote:Why are you so negative, I think it is more about apple finally showing their true colors. Was nothing against your precious bit coin stop being so fucking defensive
I'm trying to improve the quality of the discussion, which obviously you are not. Apple true colors are known, and their position about bitcoin handling clients has been clear for a long time... and countless arbitrary application submission refusal, even when unrelated to bitcoin. It is what you have to expect when you abandon control over your hardware... if you don't you are fooling yourself.

But it seems these days, defending freedom is out of fashion. It is better to defend people who are submissive to a company and then rage about not getting what they want...

Note: being constructive can be providing arguments pro- or anti- bitcoin... I don't care much.
Cheesecan wrote: It's a fucking sham.
Don't expect to get your money back, suckers.
This does not qualify as constructive... but hey, I'm just a kid so what do I know...
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Who says I need to be constructive? You are advocating a pyramid ponzi scheme don't expect "constructive criticism" like in your school.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Hey, i thought it was funny, esp with people literally throwing their phones out of a window over it. Considering I was trying to add discussion something that was funny and not negative, who is to say you are to police the thread by acting like a cunt?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Cheesecan wrote: Personal attack much? Obviously someone is using this crap:
- Time Interval : one hour
- The vertical interval is 620 to 820 (the bottom line is NOT zero)

So, by enlarging a tiny details of larger curve, it gives an entirely flawed impression.
- By selecting a very small time frame, it made it look like it was steady then dropped, while the only steady movement bitcoin ever had was upward.
- By removing all the space below the curve, it made it look like it drops to zero, while it only drop from 800 to 700.

Follow the source and zoom out for the real picture:

In short, your picture was dishonest.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Nice try but "my" picture was taken from the article I linked.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Cheesecan wrote:Nice try but "my" picture was taken from the article I linked.
This is the answer to
Cheesecan wrote:Obviously someone is using this crap.
I mean, strictly using that article and its source, if I had to guess who's trying to take advantage of the situation, I would say that it is your news site: It is not right to distort data presentation like that. What profit do you think a website such as "businessinsider" could gain from attempting to start a scare?
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

The point is to show the volume = 10k not the price. Look at the bottom half chart.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

I'll assume top chart is the price, and bottom is the volume. So fine, here is again the zoomed out version, this time with volume:

And again, you can see that by enlarging many times a tiny detail of the curve, your article made a mountain of a pebble. Yes, more transaction were made that day than every other day, but still not enough to disrupt the general tendency.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

The point is that your most precious bitcoin exhange is witholding payments, and that has clearly affected the exhange rate. Do you disagree?

What do you think about a bank that denies withdrawals? This is the sort of thing bitcoin was supposed to solve, but it turns out you are still dependant on financial service providers.
cheapsheep
Lobby Developer

Post by cheapsheep »

Cheesecan wrote:The point is that your most precious bitcoin exhange is witholding payments, and that has clearly affected the exhange rate. Do you disagree?
I agree. So what?
People have advised against using MtGox for nearly a year, for this reason. When you say *Your* most precious exchange, I'm wondering who you are talking to. Nobody sane has been defending MtGox... despite what you try to imply.
Cheesecan wrote:What do you think about a bank that denies withdrawals? This is the sort of thing bitcoin was supposed to solve, but it turns out you are still dependant on financial service providers.
Decentralized means you are not forced to rely on a company in particular. The system is not dead because one of the exchange has problems. MtGox and every other exchange could break or be closed by authority, the bitcoin system will continue to function. The price would of course be affected.

I'm not affected by MtGox... my bitcoins are where they are supposed to be. Under my control.

I guess you are just unable to see the difference with a centralized system... where there is no way to use your money/currency when the provider/backer fails, but it is obvious.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

But what if i never ever gave much about money and status symbols. I talk your talk, i walk your walk, be it dollar or bitcoin, but at the end of everyones day, neither bitcoin nor dollar can buy another second.

You are basically wasting hours of time discussing the grease method of a transport system, that could get you somewhere in the time.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Hope you sold at my last post - now down below $500 with no end in sight as more bitcoin exhanges turn belly up. Some rallies are being heard to buy.now.while it's cheap. But can that stop the shitstorm that will erupt when people realize buying in is easy, but buying out is impossible.

The biggest internet scam in history.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Cheesecan wrote: The
Cheesecan wrote:biggest
Cheesecan wrote:internet
Cheesecan wrote:scam
Cheesecan wrote:in
Cheesecan wrote:history.
Bitcoin aside- this is fallacy.
Do you really think this is were the internet stops? There are still people alive,comps running, pockets refilling.
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

cheese: there is no scam. Get over it. You may criticize the volatility if you like but don't spew nonsense. Only mtgox has problems in moving money/btc out. You should come back in a year if bootstrapping a new currency is too volatile for you, or just learn how to use it without currency risk. I expect this correction to bottom out at about 500USD/BTC. Currently the price is 620, don't quote gox.

everyone else: If you ever thought that you missed the train, well now might be your opportunity to catch it. While others panic you may siphon up the cheap coins. Do you think the markets overreacted to mtgox's incompetence? I do, and i will be all-in at 500 if nothing significant comes to light.
Last edited by varikonniemi on 14 Feb 2014, 00:12, edited 2 times in total.
very_bad_soldier

Re: AW: Bitcoin mining made easy

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Don't try to catch falling knives.
smoth

Post by smoth »

varikonniemi wrote: I do, and i will be all-in at 500 if nothing significant comes to light.
I don't know if there will be a massive rally or not. I mean really unless say zuckerberg or someone else is looking to endorse bitcoin I suspect that the current price is not going to be simply a correction at 500$ and back to the moon etc. Confidence has been pretty badly damaged thanks to: that guy getting arrested, china putting their foot down, mtgox..

i am not trying to confront anything or trying to raise issue, so don't get defensive about it. I am just saying it is likely to not get up to 1000k for sometime.

As a side thought, as the complexity rises and the hardware required to solve it needing to be much larger would the falling cost not reduced the amount of interested parties with respect to mining?

I mean really this is just me watching a match and the teams back and forth on the pitch with neither scoring all game so don't think i have any bets on either side, i am just a fan with his vuvuzela!
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

this is more how I would picture it. I see BTC had a low of 102$ whatevs I see now that that was some kind of bogus thing, god the pricing info on btc is fucking confusing sometimes. I hope you did not go all in at 500 variko
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I bought 1.089 Bitcoins in total around November time for about €485 total. I just sold 1BTC for about €475 which I'm totally ok with tbh. It's been a bumpy ride but it was quite fun for my first stock-exchange-type experience and I didn't really lose out :D

Still got my 0.089BTC. To the moon!
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

BaNa wrote:I hope you did not go all in at 500 variko
No, not yet because the price is 609 as im writing this. https://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD

My strategy is to sell after the price has risen and continue to sell as long as it is rising. Then when the trend changes and the price starts falling, after some time i start buying and keep on buying as long as it falls. If it falls to 500 then all my gambling fiat is as bitcoins, aka all-in.

This strategy works as long as there is price fluctuation. It fails if Bitcoin fails without me predicting it. All or nothing. I am in for the long run so this is how i roll, and it has already tripled my position (if i ever get my coins out from gox :D)
Last edited by varikonniemi on 14 Feb 2014, 15:26, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”