Widget to display team eco - Page 2

Widget to display team eco

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Widget to display team eco

Post by Jools »

I have no idea what you are talking about. A search for wdb on wiki yields this, but I don't think you mean that with wdb.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Thanks for the replies. I tried registering on the springinfo page, but it says my image verification doesn't match even thought it DOES imo.

I made a new version of this widget, that I call version 1.0. I updated the first post.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Jools wrote:Thanks for the replies. I tried registering on the springinfo page, but it says my image verification doesn't match even thought it DOES imo.
Should be fixed, sorry for the trouble.

Edit: Minor update to springinfo, you can now create an account with the site using your google, yahoo, aolIM, OpenID, etc account. On the right hand side, click on "Join Site" then once you have joined the site, visit a page with a comments box so that it will create the account (e.g., the games page)(then you'll get the admin bar across the top and everything will make total sense).
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Thanks. I registered to it, it's a wordpress site so I already had an account, but it turned out that the my widget is already there, it's the same database as the other link I was shown (the german one).
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I used the widget profiler widget to evaluate the performance of this widget:, it seems to be quite heavy on the CPU, but I haven't noticed any effect on my framerate. However I do have a dual core.

Is the CPU performance of this widget a rpbleem?
aegis

Post by aegis »

Jools wrote:Is the CPU performance of this widget a rpbleem?
how does it place compared to your other widgets? profile it against some widgets like UnitShapes, RedUI, Tetris, Advanced Player List and see if it's much more or less than them.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

It uses about 500-800 ms/s, roughly on par with advanced playerslist but one order more than UnitShapes and other widgets. I'm looking into making it more effective, moving calculations out of the DrawScreen function maybe and using more callins instead.

I guess it's the process of checking whether a player has commander that draws much resources, however that is only activated when a unit dies.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I posted a new version with some changes:

* Added many options to tweak screen, press ctrl+F11 to customise widget
* Saves settings now
* Click on arm/core image to zoom in on player
* Changed kills/losses bar to display killed hp/lost hp instead of kills/losses
* Added active player mode, can be disabled/customised in options
* Made lua calls more efficient by moving stuff out of drawscreen function

Newest version is in first post.

Screenies:

Floris

Post by Floris »

Looks cool, but when I installed it my spring broke down. When starting a game there were no console, startboxes and whatever more missing. (BA)

(problem must be in any new files you added, since copy paste old backup dirs to current dirs didnt fixed it, had to delete current dirs and then copy backups back)
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

There in an error in the load function, it doesnt depends on the mod but happens first time you use a new mod, because all widgets store the settings in a mod-specific file.

Weird that this error crashes all other widget too...

I'll have a fix up soonish...
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

The error is now fixed. Also addes some new features:
-- Click on player faction icon to center camera on player start position
-- Ctrl+click on player faction icon to zoom in on player's commander and select it (so you can press t to track him)
-- Added a kill distribution graph, useless in 1v1 but in FFA you can now see who has attacked whom most, and who has been the coward :)

Screenie:

[link to imageshack removed]
Last edited by Jools on 24 Aug 2015, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Really cool widget! Love it!
albator

Post by albator »

Could yous as well write all the usual stats into a file ?

I would like to run all the replay using this widget in order to get the stats from the game.

I would need each of the regular data that is usually displayed at the end of the game for each Delta_Time for each player. Do you that that is possible ?

The points is to use this data in order to feed a DB and use it for stats/ranking

The best would be it also include all the information about the players (accountID, name, IngameRank, chrank) the name of the map, the host, etc... But I guess I can still extract that for the replay.

Please let me know if you plan to do it, and if not, if you think that can be done from your widget ? Thanks ! :D
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Many are asking for the possibility to write the stuff into a file. I guess that's my next improvement to do.

But why do you need the data in delta_time? Currently none of the data is saved, but I guess it would be possible to write it into a file with regular intervals, but I have no idea how it would affect performance. What would be a good delta, 5, 10 secs?

The other option would be to store all the data withing the widget as a function of time, but that would make the tables quite big I suppose. And what happens if the widget crashes.
albator

Post by albator »

Jools wrote:Many are asking for the possibility to write the stuff into a file. I guess that's my next improvement to do.

But why do you need the data in delta_time? Currently none of the data is saved, but I guess it would be possible to write it into a file with regular intervals, but I have no idea how it would affect performance. What would be a good delta, 5, 10 secs?

The other option would be to store all the data withing the widget as a function of time, but that would make the tables quite big I suppose. And what happens if the widget crashes.
I do not really care what data format is used for the time sampling, but I guess that is the easiest way to do it no ? It is the way it is done for the stats given at the end the game afaik.

A data sampling of a minimum of 10 sec will be great. But once the widget is available, I guess that something that can easily be modified.
Concerning the performance inpact, it does not have to be dumped into a file at the same time step, but that is another issue...

Once you manage to get something please PM me :p
I will be browsing anyway :)
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Updated to new version. Mainly fixed opengl and interface bugs. Also better font.

Regarding the export of data: since this is a widget (which can be disabled anytime) or maybe not the best way to go. Because this is a widget, it has been designed to show accurate data for each given instant, but not to remember things. For example, when a player becomes spec he gets access to other players data, but those are started from 0. In the same way the data are reset if the widget is unloaded and reloaded during the game.

Maybe it's best to make a gadget to store data. For example in xta, the end stats gadget does this, see:

https://code.google.com/p/xta-springrts ... dstats.lua
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Updated to version 1.51:

------------------------
-- Version 1.51
------------------------
-- * Rewritten code to increase performance, fps cost down by up to 50% in normal usage scenario. But instead it's a bit more costly when hovering over buttons. Also reduces dynamic updates when gamespeed > 2.0
-- * Now uses drawlists and gl.loadFont
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

------------------------
-- Version 1.55
------------------------
-- * Bug fixes and performance improvements
-- * Added TS values and better handling of screen position
-- * Improved player list management and handling of dead players

Return to “Lua Scripts”