** Server ** Timeout assumed, disconnecting

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Nice new stuff came with the new lobby version? Who came up with the idea that lets just assume timeout and kick him the f out only to automatically reconnect after 5 seconds. (and he loses a spot to play)

Or; DUE TO SERVER MOVE, SERVER MIGHT BE RANDOMLY DOWN. DOWNLOADS, AUTOHOSTS, FORUM etc MIGHT NOT WORK.

Yeah ok, tell me its only that? It doesnt have anything to do with me updating the lobby few days ago, when this problem started too. Also this new lobby crashes every time I close it and next time starting everything is like hell again, for example everyones rank shows as 1 for a long time and battlelist takes ages to show every battle and cant even join them until restarting lobby x times(no reason given in battleroom).

Anyway, back to the subject, all is well when spectating or playing, but when only in lobby and battleroom waiting the game to start, lets assume he has timed out :) Could be in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, life is exciting. And yeah, connection works.
Beherith

Re: ** Server ** Timeout assumed, disconnecting

Post by Beherith »

The solution to this is filing a proper bug report. That and cleaning out your maps/mods/games folders.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

if this message occurs, you received no data from lobby server >1 minute.

the other stuff, no clue, to few info / can't reproduce.

also you should write which lobby/version you are using.
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

I uninstalled and deleted everything I found from my computer(except balanced_annihilation-v7.90 and spring_95.0 files from an usb memory stick, former which I copied to spring games folder after installs) that even remotely had anything to do with spring or lobby(or BA), and then installed spring 95.0. Then started the yellow happyface springlobby.exe, popup came up saying my version is 0.169 and latest version is 0.180; I did not update, I looked around, everything was as it should be. No crash at exit. Started springlobby few times, everything worked every time, all players at chat had correct rank, all filtered ~20 BA games available.

Then I selected to autodownload new version. Started springlobby again. Everyone at chat was rank 1, battlelist showed nothing. I minimized springlobby to write here, and then springs popup on right down corner saying I was disconnected(yeah about in a minute). I went back to springlobby and it connected me automatically. Went away and got disconnected soon after :) Ok my biggest problem is maybe solved; I gotta keep springlobby as an active window... Crash at exit, no settings saved. I started springlobby again, nope, everyone is rank 1 noob but now I had five games visible at battlelist. There was one host with a map that I know I need so I selected the host and download map, but wait, "sp se" popup came up saying Im disconnected and 5 seconds to reconnect. Aw man, I did go away from springlobby for ten second, my bad. Crash at exit. Start again, now I had 10 games at battlelist, get a map, ok got it, but cant join, nothing happens, no reason given at chats. Close and start again. I left it at that, springlobby as active window, went out with dog and to feed chickens, came back to find
[09:09:37] ** Server ** Connecting to server Official server...
[09:09:40] ** Server ** Connected to Official server.
[09:09:41] ** motd **
[09:09:41] ** motd ** Welcome, Kapytii!
[09:09:41] ** motd ** There are currently 168 clients connected
[09:09:41] ** motd ** to the server talking in 614 open channels
[09:09:41] ** motd ** and participating in 72 battles.
[09:09:41] ** motd ** Server's uptime is 5.35 days
[09:09:41] ** motd ** You've successfully connected to uberserver:
[09:09:41] ** motd ** https://github.com/spring/uberserver
[09:09:41] ** motd **
[09:10:42] ** Server ** Timeout assumed, disconnecting
[09:10:42] ** Server ** disconnected from server: Official server

So much for that active window theory :( Crash at exit.

Happily uninstalled 95.0 that Ive updated, and found out new spring_96.0 is available. Downloaded that, installed, set BA to games folder, started yellow happyface springlobby. Everyone is noob, no games seen, oh and the popup there at the corner said hello and bye bye again :) I dont know what Im doing wrong. Nothing at my system has changed. I only selected to update the lobby when I got too pissed off that one host didnt have a working auto un-spectate with the old version. After a long hard day working, what better way to relax than find out everyone is at that full host(like 80% of times) and you cant set auto un-spectate, so you pretty much cant play if youre not lucky. Crash at exit. Uninstall 96.0.

Install 95.0, dont update. BA to games folder. All good, yellow happyface. Please keep things working with 95.0 :/
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

There, picture, all rank 1 :)
Attachments
noobs and few battles.png
(158.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
knorke

Post by knorke »

Kapytii wrote:There, picture, all rank 1 :)
I have also had this happen few times, but not sure what causes it. It might be bad connection, like bad wlan?
If you look bottom right in statusbar it shows "ping 724ms", very high, normal is ~55.
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Yeah high ping, dunno why, maybe because the timeout there. But there are no problems with pingies in 95 lobby. And ping in games is good :o This has nothing to do with connection speed at least, everything is working fast.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Sounds to me like your connection/firewall/etc has serious troubles.

Try logging in with some other lobbies (e.g. weblobby, zklobby) and see if you get the same kind of problems or not.

Also, when you describe a bug, make sure you specify WHICH VERSION of stuff you are using in each thing that you report. And don't waffle, write lengthy paragraphs, include opinions/requests... just write in as short and clear way as possible what you did and happened.
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

I soooo like to write.

But why the supposed firewall problem strikes when I update, this old lobby works well... Until this 95.0 version absolutely no longer works with games, Im not gonna change or touch anything. I changed back to old version -> problem solved. So I shut up for now :)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

exclusion because of hash of executable?

idk, but you are the first person reporting this issue, so has to be very specific imo.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I get randomly booted also. I can be watching youtube or any number of things. It happens frequently in lobby to me so I figured it was just normal.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Within the last few months I had one time out (no data for 60s).
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

Kapytii wrote:There, picture, all rank 1 :)
:-D NOOBS !!!!
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@Kapytii:

which os are you using?

it seems springlobby gets a few packets from server when connecting but then got stuck somewhere in the middle which leads to people only having rank 1 & battle list very small.

also lobby logs show that you're using "SpringLobby 0.146" ...uhm... hu?
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

I have windows 7.

And the 96.0 I tested with is what I downloaded from springrts first page.

Im gonna turn the whole durned firewall off and try, if after 10th the 96.0 is only one working. This not-updated 95.0 works well enough for now :)
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Nope, 96.0 does not work for me. Opening springlobby: everyone is noob rank, random amount of different battles shown and cant join them. If I open it enough times(like say 10 times) it might work as it should. But then Im assumed timeoutted after x minutes. Springlobby crashes when closed.

95.0 without any update worked well. What might have changed, I wonder.

Weblobby seems to work. Well I was playing too much anyway, so... :)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Nope :(

I copied that file over the original springlobby and started. It said my version is 0.322 and latest version is 0.180, I did not select update. Still same problems. Every about 10th time I start the springlobby everything works fine.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

version 0.322 was fine.

How long does it take for you when connecting works? is it somelike "instantly" or does it take a lot of seconds?

i never could reproduce this bug, this is why its hard for me to fix it and i have no clue atm what the cause could be.

i've looked into the lobby server log, couldn't find any conspicuous, connection was "cleanly" closed. (I assumed Kapytii is your lobby username, too, if not, please pm me the correct one.)
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

I start springlobby and it auto connects and everything is 'instant'. Or when I disconnect from lobby and connect again everything(people at chat, battles) pops out instantly. Maybe this loads too fast and doesnt get everything needed loaded? :)

And the lobby server logs dont show anything 'bad' at my connecting attempts? But anyway if Im only one with this problem I dont feel I need much time sacrificed towards my problem, as every about tenth connection works well enough. I can live with that now.

Return to “Help & Bugs”