[Request]ffa 94

[Request]ffa 94

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

albator

[Request]ffa 94

Post by albator »

Would it be possible to keep the ffa server (aceV, spads5) with the 94 version while the 95 has not come up with spring-multithread ?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: [Request]ffa 94

Post by Forboding Angel »

Dat Threadpool.
zer_ver

Post by zer_ver »

Albator, I don't think anyone would play even if such a server was installed. The reason is that the lobby server is Spring 95, and the average user thinks that latest is greatest, and would also have some difficulty playing because SpringLobby is lacking multiversion support.
Last edited by gajop on 16 Nov 2013, 15:43, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: see flozi: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31151#p550205
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Zerver, spads supports multiversion now (if you look, all the evo hosts are running 94.1), so yes,w hat he requests is possible.

My facepalm was for the fact that from everything I can tell with my testing, performance is 95 is far better than the bullshit that you forced out of spring's asshole that ended up being 94.1

Also, threadpool.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

First the people with the slowest pc's just start dropping from the game. You pause to let them catch up, but it is no use. They will keep on dropping. After letting them go only the players with the fastest pc's are left and the game just gradually gets slower and slower. Any unit that requires any tactics at all is unusable so you switch to bombers, krogs and nukespam. If only you can keep up with the game... hoping you wont lagg out before your nukes are all loaded...

95 is alot slower then 94.1 MT. Can't play decent games any more till the end.

Your request isn't that weird, alba.

edit:
Forb: Would love to see your testing and config. Maybe we are doing something different causing 95 to be slow as hell compared to 94.1MT?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Personally I'm intrigued as to what
  • Hardware
  • Game
  • Map
  • Number of players
  • Settings
Are being used that people find so much more efficient. S44 8 vs 8 on Nuclear Winter with hundreds of inf running around (and consequently heavy lua - s44 calls Explosion() callin for every single machinegun bullet) doesn't bother this machine (or its predecessor) and MT seemed to be no different.
zer_ver

Post by zer_ver »

FLOZi wrote:S44 8 vs 8 on Nuclear Winter... and MT seemed to be no different.
You are absolutely right, because S44 does not support MT. Please try with a game that does support MT, such as BA 7.83.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

I don't understand how BA can be more of a hog than S44 on ST
zer_ver

Post by zer_ver »

Well, you are excused. Games that support MT have LuaThreadingModel > 2 in modrules.lua.

http://springrts.com/wiki/Asynchronous_Simulation

FLOZi, is not my server, and it has no connections to me whatsoever. It was started by some french guys and I don't know them.

If you continue to evade the word censor, you will face the consequences.

-FLOZi
Last edited by zer_ver on 16 Nov 2013, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

I'm aware of that. Re read what I said.
zer_ver

Post by zer_ver »

I take no responsibility for the awkward performance of ST (single threaded) Spring, it is completely outdated.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

I'v added my springsettings.cfg and dxdiag.txt. Is that enough info or could i add something else? Suggestions are welcome.

Hardware: See dxdiag
Game: BA
Map: Any map really
Number of players: 10-12
Settings: See springsettings.cfg
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(24.27 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
springsettings.cfg
(666 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
smoth

Post by smoth »

zer_ver wrote:I take no responsibility for the awkward performance of ST (single threaded) Spring, it is completely outdated.
then stop posting about it how you have a "solution."
albator

Post by albator »

klapmongool wrote:I'v added my springsettings.cfg and dxdiag.txt. Is that enough info or could i add something else? Suggestions are welcome.

yep thanks, it would be nice those claming that is BS come with a REAL fix instead of trolling the thread.

@admins: could you please remove post that are not related to subject from player who never playing BA and who are lurking that thread. thanks

I played a few ffa and games are now unplayable late game.
Plenty of ffa player agree, the list can be found while browsing comments from that replay for example (http://replays.springrts.com/replay/2e0 ... 579b8f899/
If you have doubts, just go through the comment, and just run the replay yourself...

But since the only dev that was able to fix mt has been kicked, i do not think what is the issue to put at least one ffa server into 94 so we can use it while other dev work on a fix.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

albator wrote:
klapmongool wrote:I'v added my springsettings.cfg and dxdiag.txt. Is that enough info or could i add something else? Suggestions are welcome.

yep thanks, it would be nice those claming that is BS come with a REAL fix instead of trolling the thread.

@admins: could you please remove post that are not related to subject from player who never playing BA and who are lurking that thread. thanks

I played a few ffa and games are now unplayable late game.
Plenty of ffa player agree, the list can be found while browsing comments from that replay for example (http://replays.springrts.com/replay/2e0 ... 579b8f899/
If you have doubts, just go through the comment, and just run the replay yourself...

But since the only dev that was able to fix mt has been kicked, i do not think what is the issue to put at least one ffa server into 94 so we can use it while other dev work on a fix.
Alba, I think the best way to show what is happening is to post a FFA game replay + your infolog + dxdiag + description of what is happening at what time ingame. Best would to make a new thread out of it for each time you do this.

Return to “Ingame Community”