Overpowered faction

Overpowered faction

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

xanax

Overpowered faction

Post by xanax »

Hey guys. I just wanted to say that arm is too overpowered. Waves of pelicans and emp spiders and virtually impossible to stop. Add to that those nasty t1 bombers (cheaper than core!!!), zeus, fidos, and the worst of all:zippers. Hammers and rockos should have even less hp, since they are uglier than their core counterpart and more expensive. Its also not fair that arm has special units like warriors. The solution is trivial:make pyros available in the t1 core factory or add more impulse to levelers so they can shoot stuff to the moon.

Another thing worth mentioning is that everyone knows that banthas are overpowered. So to balance this a good idea should be giving self-replicating ddms to core and maybe buff t2 core bombers and giving them 10x damage bonus against t3 and resistance to fighters. Bladewings are good but more emp damage would be welcome. Penes and snipers need longer reload times (4 or 5 min) otherwise the arm player might cause some troubles.

I have nothing to remark about t1 warfare. Its very rewarding to spam samsons/destroyers all game. If air spam is only stopped by air spam i find only logical that the only way to stop samsons is to build more samsons. It is also a great way of building teamplay, since the players that dont build samsons have obviously some learning disabilities and need some support from samsom making players. Arm's overpowered winds (arm is still too popular anyway, they could use some nerfs) make slashers with tac nukes a necessity to make things fair.

Best regards
SinbadEV

Re: Overpowered faction

Post by SinbadEV »

xanax wrote:Hey guys. I just wanted to say that arm is too overpowered.
Than always play ARM.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

I agree that spamming is what wins games now since crowd control units are not effective anymore.

Buffing pyros would help. Reduce their self-d damage a bit and in turn increase their survivability with ~12% more HP and ~7-9% more DPS.

Banisher kind of sucks right now, they used to have better splash damage and kick. Obviously leveler needs kick too. As it is now they are worse at crowd control than the alternatives.

Karganeth is weak since the projectile change many versions ago. Most good players stopped making them entirely, in favor of shiva.

Then you have the core hovercraft with the same gun as the can. It needs a fair amount more dps and hp, especially since the sea buff.

Crawling bomb self-d damage needs to be buffed a bit.

Unrelated things that need to be fixed:

T2 vehicle con build power needs to be slightly reduced.

Croc dps is too high.

Triton has significantly less dps than poison arrow and half the splash damage. These units stats should be more even (especially since arm does not have a croc counterpart).
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

These problems will be addressed shortly by BA:R.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Cheesecan wrote: Karganeth is weak since the projectile change many versions ago. Most good players stopped making them entirely, in favor of shiva.
LoL kargs weak?... they are very good to take out line of fighters since they shot at air, kargs are good at land and against air, the problem is people uses karganeths badly, yes they are all-terrain but needs control, with 10 kargs enemy can easy take out a good line of fighters, then send bombers in and the game is gg

If buff kargs, then buff razor or vanguard
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

The amount of veiled sarcasm in this thread is too damn high!
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Beherith wrote:The amount of veiled sarcasm in this thread is too damn high!
xanax had me at self-replicating ddms. <3
Floris

Post by Floris »

He had me at 'arm' already :-)
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Floris wrote:He had me at 'arm' already :-)
He had me when he told me he posted on the forum.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

BaNa wrote:
Beherith wrote:The amount of veiled sarcasm in this thread is too damn high!
xanax had me at self-replicating ddms. <3
Man, I made DSD with Samson that launch Samson, but nobody played it.

IF SELFREPLICATING DDM IS WHAT IT TAKES, THEN IM PREPARED TO DO WHATS NECESSARY.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

:mrgreen:
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

I normally find its impossible to beat arm once they get to T2 due to the effectiveness of Pelicans at eliminating air, sea and ground threats simultaneously. This trait not only makes Pelicans overpowered in terms of dps output, but also makes their vehicular equivalent the Panther redundant (which cant even cross water and costs more).

I really like BA, but I'm concerned that a unit like the Pelican could remain in its present state for so long. My suggestion is to move the Pelican to T3 and remove its ability to shoot air and travel over water.

Best regards
DragonSpawn

Post by DragonSpawn »

I agree with Xanax's assessment but wish to add some points of my own.

I believe that to viably counter the ARM imbalance that the Sumo and Juggernaut ought to be outfitted with plasma shields. Furthermore Krows deserve their own AA. Finally I believe that tactical nukes should be transportable by planes not unlike air lifting nanites. This would help give Core a fair fighting chance in this game now that full damage air combombs and comnap have been removed as game equalizers to take down ARM players.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

+1 pelicans and emp spiders should be nerfed. They are TOO OP
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

But really, isnt there always(ok 99% of times) more ARM players than CORE? Yes there is. Why? Arm is then what? The default, some people dont know how to change faction? Funnier to play around with? Or... better than core? So is it balanced annihilation, based on that observation?

Ive only played with Core these past few years, now Im gonna change to arm, so to the deepest pit of hell with you guys if you nerf arm now :)

Fleas, flashes/peewees, snipers, penetrators, bulldogs, mavericks, fatboy, janus, they would seem nice to micro around with and have been annoying to deal with(with my minimal skill of course). Oh and the flying t2 gunship, whatever name that had. Oh and the banda shit. Yes yes, pelican too.
Kapytii

Post by Kapytii »

Oh and panther!
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

yep 90% of players that are good and know core as well as arm simply play arm, I know if I am in doubt about the survival of my team ARM is the automatic choice.

If players don't know how to play the other faction then its time they learn :) most of the units are counterparts.
Jonny5isalivetm

Post by Jonny5isalivetm »

lol
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Nerf Fidos and Snipers.

Make Bulldogs shoot out Jeffies.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”