Weblobby vs OS X engine

Weblobby vs OS X engine

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

daftalx

Weblobby vs OS X engine

Post by daftalx »

Hi,

Great job on weblobby, the interface is really neat for "just" a browser!
Just wondering, is the lobby supposed to recognize the OS X engine? It's bundled in a .app with a specific folder structure, so just wanted to know if you guys had checked it out... Or perhaps provide a simpler option as in SpringLobby to just point to the .app and go from there?

cheers
daft
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Weblobby vs OS X engine

Post by CarRepairer »

It downloads the engine automatically into its own directory and uses that (games and maps are downloaded into the default spring datadir). However it doesn't handle spring 91.0 very well when trying to read things with unitsync (jvm problem). Aside from ZK, pretty much all games use the default engine version on the server which is 94.1 so that is not an issue.

Try it and see.
daftalx

Post by daftalx »

CarRepairer wrote:It downloads the engine automatically into its own directory and uses that (games and maps are downloaded into the default spring datadir).
Well, I did try it (at least chatting works...), but the download section is pretty much empty (besides a "manual download" button). What am I missing?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Join a BA or XTA game and it should download the engine, then when that's complete, game and map.
daftalx

Post by daftalx »

CarRepairer wrote:Join a BA or XTA game and it should download the engine, then when that's complete, game and map.
:roll: seems so obvious... perhaps adding a small line to indicate this in the Downloads section or somewhere for idiots like me...

Download indeed starts and appears in the list, but my network remains stable. Is there a way to specify a proxy? Or is this a global (JVM-wide) variable to setup somewhere?

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”