BA 7.78 Released! - Page 5

BA 7.78 Released!

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Cheesecan

Re: BA 7.78 Released!

Post by Cheesecan »

If you self-d a 2xN block of winds, 2/3rds will still chainsplode. If they are destroyed by fire with no AoE, none chainsplode.
phi711

Post by phi711 »

I found "blocked multi-reclaim nano ability" occurs if widget unit_specific_unit_reclaimer is present in folder Widget, even if he is disabled by default (line 10 : enabled = false) and displayed in red when I press F11 ingame. If I remove this widget from this folder it's ok I can multi-reclaim with alt+e.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

If you self-d a 2xN block of winds, 2/3rds will still chainsplode. If they are destroyed by fire with no AoE, none chainsplode.
Self-d/death explosions are different for (almost) all units & self-d is usually more powerful.

@klap: I tested current compared to two years ago, with winds in lines that were 1/2/3 wide, packed closest and with one buildspace between them, using t1 bombers & tanks to attack. I (like Knorke said above) couldn't see a clear difference between now and old - could you give some more details?
I found "blocked multi-reclaim nano ability" occurs if widget unit_specific_unit_reclaimer is present in folder Widget...
The most recent version of specific unit reclaimer comes inside BA. If you also put a local version in your widgets folder then Spring will load your local version in preference to the BA version. (So, if your local version is out of date then you'll likely experience bugs, which is what's happened here). Unless you're writing your own widgets, it's better not to have local versions of widgets that are part of BA - you can check your infolog.txt to see you if you have local 'duplicates'.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Silentwings wrote:
Self-d/death explosions are different for (almost) all units & self-d is usually more powerful.

@klap: I tested current compared to two years ago, with winds in lines that were 1/2/3 wide, packed closest and with one buildspace between them, using t1 bombers & tanks to attack. I (like Knorke said above) couldn't see a clear difference between now and old - could you give some more details?
Old was that when you would do 1 t1 bomber on a tightly packed winds it would chain the entire field. Now it chains a couple of winds, and then the chaining dies out, leaving the edges intact.

Example of of winds field:
Before bombing:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After bombing:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx---------------xxxx
xx-------------------xx
xx-------------------xx
xxxx---------------xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(lol the layout doesnt help but I hope you get the point)

Now it doesn't (just tested it with 100 winds and t1 bomber). Old would be that if you would kill a wind next to another wind it would dmg it for at least 50%. So that if you would kill numbers 1 and 3 in a row (without AoE fire) number 2 would take enough dmg to die itself. Now number 2 has about 20% hp left.

Example:
Before stumpy fire:
xxx
After stumpy fire
-x-
Last edited by klapmongool on 22 Jul 2013, 22:08, edited 3 times in total.
knorke

Post by knorke »

I tested a bit but did not notice any differences...think if you can upload demos that will help find an explaination the fastest.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I tested with 7.78/94.1.1-693 and 7.68/88.0 and found what klap showed in his picture.

It's a consequence of engine changes - 7.78/88.0 behaves exactly like 7.68/88.0. Chain explosions occur in a quite different way in 88.0/94.1 (didn't test others), but winds seem to be the only case where it matters. I'll do something that makes the wind chain explosions closer to how they were.
Baracus

Post by Baracus »

Great job Silent,

Sea needed some change, and you gave it just that. People will always cry over change.. but in the end change gives you something new and without change there cant be comparrison. I am a big fan of allowing multiple strategies in what ever starting location and simply making a lab less expensive, you greatly give players a cheaper choice of changing their strategie - reaction - and it makes sure you are less dependend on your start. Even on big sea maps, 2 players rushing a decade would almost always win them the whole sea after 2-4 minutes. And this is excactly why seamaps are never really played in big teamgames. Sea needed to get more porcable (early).

Anyways, keep up the great work

Baracus
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Baracus wrote:Great job Silent,

Sea needed some change, and you gave it just that. People will always cry over change.. but in the end change gives you something new and without change there cant be comparrison. I am a big fan of allowing multiple strategies in what ever starting location and simply making a lab less expensive, you greatly give players a cheaper choice of changing their strategie - reaction - and it makes sure you are less dependend on your start. Even on big sea maps, 2 players rushing a decade would almost always win them the whole sea after 2-4 minutes. And this is excactly why seamaps are never really played in big teamgames. Sea needed to get more porcable (early).

Anyways, keep up the great work

Baracus
The problem I have with the t1 sea changes is different though. It has become too strong compared to land. This enables the winning sea player to grow in eco faster than before (resulting in a faster switch to t2, hovers or amphib) The porc changes do not slow down the fight (since destroyers are the best unit for fights and clearing porc.
Last edited by klapmongool on 28 Jul 2013, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Baracus wrote: POOOWEEEEEEEEEER!
Baracus
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Locked.

BA 7.79 can be found here: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30827.

Also, shameless plug for my new map ;) http://springfiles.com/spring/spring-maps/barbary-coves.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”