Steampunk wars

Steampunk wars

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Excelsior2

Steampunk wars

Post by Excelsior2 »

Steampunk wars is a brand new concept using the revolutionary spring engine. The spring engine allows for more realistic physics then some AAA rts engines. Ships will be arranged in classes: fighter, tiltrotorcraft, corvette, frigate, destroyer, cruiser, battlecruiser, carrier, battleship, mothership and superbattle ship.
When complete the two sides; Hegemony and Confederacy will have about 15 ships each. The hegemony will focus on haveing limited numbers of powerful high technology ships while the confederacy will focus on high numbers of lowertech ships and carrier support. The game is being designed with community moding in mind. Additional content will be easy to add by modders.
For now the focus is on multiplayer but in the future single player will be added.

More information, pictures, videos, and the download link are available at moddb.
Moddb link http://www.moddb.com/games/steampunk-wars
Attachments
spring 2013-07-26 03-32-24-457.jpg
Small battle
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
spring 2013-07-22 05-27-59-182.jpg
Ship construction test.
(1014.58 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by Excelsior2 on 25 Jul 2013, 23:58, edited 2 times in total.
knorke

Re: Steampunk wars

Post by knorke »

welcome to forum :)
feel free to make threads with question if you need to know something.
And in lobby join #moddev channel for chatting etc.

Is that custom buildanimation on the screenshot, or what excactly does it show?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Excelsior2

Post by Excelsior2 »

The picture shows the construction of a Liberty class heavy cruiser. Ill start public alpha testing once i get the weapons working. In the initial release Their will be a corvette ,a heavy cruiser ,
a mobile construction unit, a cruiser-yard, and a generator. In the initial release the only ship weapon will be the coaxial railgun, a powerful railgun that runs along the length of the ship which will be on almost all hegemony ships.
Excelsior2

Post by Excelsior2 »

I'm almost read to release a demo. How do I compile the whole game including the engine and maps into an installer.
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

Right now the easiest way of releasing is through a lobby. Weblobby - http://weblobby.springrts.com - comes to mind as probably the easiest one. It's accessed through a web browser and downloads all the necessary files via rapid (an archive downloader developed for spring content).

I haven't actually done any of this myself so some one will have to fill you in on the details.

This might be helpful
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=30574
and because it can't hurt
https://www.google.com/search?as_q=inst ... ingrts.com
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Could you be a bit more specific about what you mean by 'compile to an installer' ?

Do you already know how to turn a .sdd (which is what I assume your game currently is) into a .sdz that spring can read, & have you ever uploaded something to springfiles.com (springs content hosting/auto-download service) before?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Spring's projects work as modules for the engine. Unless you alter the engine you don't compile anything.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I have a few NSIS scripts that I could share if you need to make an installer. The ones I used to make Kernel Panic installer and GundamRTS installer.

But most Spring games are released as .sd7 / .sdz archive, without including the engine. Are you sure you need a full blown installer just for this early demo? Who do you release this demo for?
Excelsior2

Post by Excelsior2 »

The download is up but their is no installer so you have drag and drop into the games folder.

update: Their is now an installer but I would recommend if you already have spring installed just to download the the .ssd file and put it in the games folder.
Last edited by Excelsior2 on 29 Jul 2013, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Excelsior2

Post by Excelsior2 »

The official steampunk wars forum is up at moddb. Post all your comments and questions there.
Last edited by Excelsior2 on 25 Jul 2013, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

not belittling you for this but IF I never say anything, I may start doing it also.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Is that built entirely from cubes?

Return to “Game Development”