Admin abuse by another player on TERA host1, kick from game.

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

elbrun

Post by elbrun »

Hi there.. (I hope this is the right place for the topic.)

I'm a 37 year old familyfather who works with IT and occasionally since last year play BA, and who like many, also use it much as a screensaver on one of my monitors. :)

I believe I was unfairly treated by an administrator nicknamed Bluestone, who also played on TERA host1, at (my local time in Denmark/UTC+2) 23:31 on Wednesday the 3. of July 2013.
Link to the replay: http://replays.springrts.com/replay/069 ... 61cdf4421/

Description of events taken place, minute and second readings below are taken from the replay on pause, they should be fairly accurate.

00:00 I (nickname: Tam_Elbrun) start southwest corner to push southeast with missile trucks. (Classic BA - DSD..)

South is somewhat weak, this is obvious from the start, for now we (I mostly alone) hold Zinn & Parker well.

06:40 Bluestone is telling me what to do south. He puts the mark "USE" on my missile trucks. I write an explanation for their position, while I'm attempting to repair them. In the meantime I get bombed without knowing it while paying attention to front.

South (downmost) player is invaded by stumpies, I try to hold but also use distance advantage of missile trucks, enemy keep pushing strongly.

10:24 I rebuild my metal extractors that got bombed along with my solars and then retreating units after figuring my 7 missile trucks where too weak for defending against about 8 stumpies on offense, with no commander or laser turrets to retreat to, and 1 south front player dead.
I decide to retreat them to my base for either reclaim or repair (bad decision I should probably have retreated up to Bluestones base which was also south and topmost). I was undecided but repaired them after Bluestone placed a mark on them: "USE THEM". I figured he might not be aware that enemy was attacking with stumpies and I believed the missile trucks were hardly a match in this case.

10:44 I commense repair of the missile trucks and meanwhile start to write a message to Bluestone detailing my intention/plan.

11:04 (Still typing, sorry I'm not the fastest typer) Bluestone puts a mark on my 7 missile trucks saying: "HELLO", prompting me to finish my sentence faster which cause me to type errors which I unfortunately also spend a few seconds correcting (on top of that I got a new keyboard yesterday which I'm not yet accustumed to).

Sidenote: I wish I was as cool about these things as Xanax.. Unfortunately I tend to explain if I feel people do not understand.

11:13 Bluestone writes "!kick tam". At the same time I press enter to finish my sentence which had no effect, the message wasn't appended to the server. The connection to the server was terminated.

I could not believe what had just transcriped and so I said a few things in the lobby which were loaded with my feelings at the time, this was anyway after the fact.

Regards, "Elbrun", the sad :(
PepeAmpere

Re: Admin abuse by another player on TERA host1, kick from g

Post by PepeAmpere »

Thats why I suggest to play NOTA, especially if you are 35+ father. Its community has higher average age and some people says moral standards, too. 8) If you ignore Pow and Pizza kids bad days, you will be much more satisfied.

Of course there are other games communities, which i dont know as good as ours. I hope their members add their suggestions, too. But you can be sure theres nothing worse then BA DSD pit. :lol:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

lol, not even a ban
gajop

Post by gajop »

Sorry, but BA's servers aren't that well moderated. I don't think anyone can/will help you with this.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

This reads like a police report.
albator

Post by albator »

Need a ban for life from the server ! ;)

More seriously, I had was kickban for wanted to assist the factory of a troll, the troll have not ..., so those hosts are perfect to troll, if you are no troll you might end up being ban, so troll more :D

More seriously (OK this time that is true), just avoid this host if you want to play without this issue, I recommand spads. NOTA player are quite nice as well.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

elbrun wrote:
10:44 start to write a message to Bluestone detailing my intention/plan.

11:04 (Still typing, sorry I'm not the fastest typer) Bluestone puts a mark on my 7 missile trucks saying: "HELLO",

11:13 Bluestone writes "!kick tam". At the same time I press enter to finish my sentence which had no effect, the message wasn't appended to the server. The connection to the server was terminated.
WTF is that a joke??? half hour to type a message??? or iam totally wrong? :lol:
knorke

Post by knorke »

if it was a one-time thing just write if off as misunderstanding.
kick is not ban, you should be able to go back and play again.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

AntiAllez wrote:WTF is that a joke??? half hour to type a message??? or iam totally wrong? :lol:
Without watching the replay, I'm pretty sure those are "min:sec" :D
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

AntiAllez wrote:
elbrun wrote:

11:04 (Still typing, sorry I'm not the fastest typer) Bluestone puts a mark on my 7 missile trucks saying: "HELLO",

WTF is that a joke??? half hour to type a message??? or iam totally wrong? :lol:
lol retart
smoth

Post by smoth »

No, the correct place was game lobby, 5 or so minutes of looking would make that abundantly clear.

I personally don't get what age/fatherhood has to do with anything. One of our more obnoxious community members has kids and frequently whines about them. One of our most over-reacting, quick to threaten legal action was 40. Cute appeal to authority but it gets you nowhere here

The fact that you promptly came in here expecting others to care about singular abuse is a bit over the top as well. You need to take it up with the host of terra. I am not watching you replay as I feel it is a bit unfair that you can cherry pick a match with the guy. I am not blatantly ignoring your possible abuse claim but honestly, you sound very whiny and the rest of the community has no control over terra. only the host owner does.
parker

Post by parker »

elbrun wrote:Hi there.. (I hope this is the right place for the topic.)

I'm a 37 year old familyfather who works with IT and occasionally since last year play BA, and who like many, also use it much as a screensaver on one of my monitors. :)

I believe I was unfairly treated by an administrator nicknamed Bluestone, who also played on TERA host1, at (my local time in Denmark/UTC+2) 23:31 on Wednesday the 3. of July 2013.
Link to the replay: http://replays.springrts.com/replay/069 ... 61cdf4421/

Description of events taken place, minute and second readings below are taken from the replay on pause, they should be fairly accurate.

00:00 I (nickname: Tam_Elbrun) start southwest corner to push southeast with missile trucks. (Classic BA - DSD..)

South is somewhat weak, this is obvious from the start, for now we (I mostly alone) hold Zinn & Parker well.

06:40 Bluestone is telling me what to do south. He puts the mark "USE" on my missile trucks. I write an explanation for their position, while I'm attempting to repair them. In the meantime I get bombed without knowing it while paying attention to front.

South (downmost) player is invaded by stumpies, I try to hold but also use distance advantage of missile trucks, enemy keep pushing strongly.

10:24 I rebuild my metal extractors that got bombed along with my solars and then retreating units after figuring my 7 missile trucks where too weak for defending against about 8 stumpies on offense, with no commander or laser turrets to retreat to, and 1 south front player dead.
I decide to retreat them to my base for either reclaim or repair (bad decision I should probably have retreated up to Bluestones base which was also south and topmost). I was undecided but repaired them after Bluestone placed a mark on them: "USE THEM". I figured he might not be aware that enemy was attacking with stumpies and I believed the missile trucks were hardly a match in this case.

10:44 I commense repair of the missile trucks and meanwhile start to write a message to Bluestone detailing my intention/plan.

11:04 (Still typing, sorry I'm not the fastest typer) Bluestone puts a mark on my 7 missile trucks saying: "HELLO", prompting me to finish my sentence faster which cause me to type errors which I unfortunately also spend a few seconds correcting (on top of that I got a new keyboard yesterday which I'm not yet accustumed to).

Sidenote: I wish I was as cool about these things as Xanax.. Unfortunately I tend to explain if I feel people do not understand.

I could not believe what had just transcriped and so I said a few things in the lobby which were loaded with my feelings at the time, this was anyway after the fact.

Regards, "Elbrun", the sad :(

that's parker with a little p please

Blue seems like a level headed guy from what ive seen. Having been kicked by admins and votes i feel like an expert on this subject.
BA rocks. the ppl are pretty cool. Lots of servers and it's only a game. These guys don't just play spring they are the "elite" to them 7 Sampson is an army ready to take out coms NOW, that's the nature of BA.
Don't take it to heart. Believe me there are far worse things that could have happened. Fish around the forum a little and check out some of the "GREAT" work they do for the community other than admin/provide servers. They even bitch among themselves makes a good read. Look forward to blowing up my com near yours.

p
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

They even bitch among themselves makes a good read.
Always happy to entertain... glad you're enjoying BA :)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Cheesecan wrote:
AntiAllez wrote:
elbrun wrote:

lol retart
Retard*
Cheesecan wrote:Image
Why do people still bother playing on that horrid host?
AntiAllez wrote:
elbrun wrote:

Gee, I dunno. When is the last time you played an 11 hour game?

TL;DR, Don't play on Tera. Problem solved.
elbrun

Post by elbrun »

smoth wrote:No, the correct place was game lobby, 5 or so minutes of looking would make that abundantly clear.

I personally don't get what age/fatherhood has to do with anything. One of our more obnoxious community members has kids and frequently whines about them. One of our most over-reacting, quick to threaten legal action was 40. Cute appeal to authority but it gets you nowhere here

The fact that you promptly came in here expecting others to care about singular abuse is a bit over the top as well. You need to take it up with the host of terra. I am not watching you replay as I feel it is a bit unfair that you can cherry pick a match with the guy. I am not blatantly ignoring your possible abuse claim but honestly, you sound very whiny and the rest of the community has no control over terra. only the host owner does.
Valid points, I agree with them all. Responses:

Sorry maybe I only spent 2 minutes looking for the right sub forum.

Age etc. was meant as an introduction, which as you point out is completely irrelevant to the case. Noted.

I came here as I did (still do) not know where to report it, I believe I've stumbled upon other reports here.

If anyone know where I can write so the TERA hosts can read it feel free to share.

If it did sound whiny (it was not meant to) it was due to emotional involvement, being kicked while playing a game I enjoy, by someone needing a scapegoat and/or having a bad day and admin "powers".

There is also a general point I deliberately did not include because there are already plenty of those with zero meat on, that there is an "Elitist" attitude among some veterans that is to put it mildly: damaging to the community, it absolutely does not make it better when it is done by an admin. I know 6 guys in real life who I gather with about once a year for a LAN party/social gathering to play friendly games of mostly spring-BA (AFAIK closest resemblance to old TA), they apparently have less patience than me and completely gave up on online BA (except for private games) due to the often stressful emotional environment some other players cause.

Ten years ago online games were so much friendlier, or so I remember them (except for counterstrike, or so I've heard). :)

(Edited for clarification/rephrasing.)
Last edited by elbrun on 05 Jul 2013, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
elbrun

Post by elbrun »

Another thing, if a moderator reads this, can you please move this thread to the Game Lobby sub forum.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Dedicated autohosts are meaningless. Anyone can instantly spawn their own springie autohost using a private message, or even more easily with the click of a button by using zklobby or weblobby. Be the boss of your own authost and have as large a game as you wish.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Forboding Angel wrote: Gee, I dunno. When is the last time you played an 11 hour game?
He thought it meant the time, not the hour :P
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

parker wrote: These guys don't just play spring they are the "elite" to them 7 Sampson is an army ready to take out coms NOW, that's the nature of BA.
dsd players considered to be the elite now... mwhahaha

Return to “Ingame Community”