Error: DrawWorld: OpenGL stack check error

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Xangi

Post by Xangi »

So, I'm playing NOTA 1.76, and my console keeps getting spammed with

Error: DrawWorld: OpenGL stack check error, matrix mode = 5888, depth = 1, please make sure to pop all matrices before end
Error: DrawWorld: OpenGL stack check error, matrix mode = 5889, depth = 1, please make sure to pop all matrices before end

Is there any workaround for this? It doesn't really affect gameplay but it is really annoying. I've attached my infolog if that helps.
Attachments
infolog.txt
(41.27 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Silentwings

Re: Error: DrawWorld: OpenGL stack check error

Post by Silentwings »

infolog wrote: please make sure to pop all matrices before end
No there is no workaround - smth broken that need a mod fix.
Xangi

Post by Xangi »

Silentwings wrote:
infolog wrote: please make sure to pop all matrices before end
No there is no workaround - smth broken that need a mod fix.
Damn damn damn. Oh well, is there a way to hide console messages? It doesn't actually affect anything in my game, it's just annoying to see the messages everywhere.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Whether or not you can hide the console is mod dependent - for nota I don't know sorry. But what you should do here is report the bug to the mod devs.
a1983

Post by a1983 »

Hi, I'm one of Nota maintainer.
Sorry, UI in NOTA currently in alpha state. There are still many things to do. May be in next versions we add option to hide such messages.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Experience with this:

It happend when some NOTA unit is created. Check the replay, when error ocures, check which unit was made. I know there is some problem with some Spacebug and some high-tech unit. But dont remember which one it was.

Will be repaired? Errors are different with different spring 94+ version, different offfice-GPU, different drivers (for example you get special result for 1 month old drivers and 2 months old drivers). So conclusion: Wait. :lol:

----

Yes, filter for messages would be good, but not essential.
Xangi

Post by Xangi »

Well, that's disappointing. I'll post back if I find a way to hide the messages.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

In my experience, this happens in NOTA when something explodes on the screen (not anything at all, but something that is used by NOE quite often, since I see a lot of those error spam), so may have to do with CEGs or lups.
knorke

Post by knorke »

The error only starts a few minutes into the game, so would be good to find out what triggers it.
Having a replay with error might help with that.
---
The framenumbers are twice the same but then next message is with random gap..
So maybe some explosion like yuritch said.
The message seems to come from here:

Code: Select all

if (error == 0) // check if the lua code fucked up the stack for matrix mode X
LOG_L(L_ERROR, "%s: OpenGL stack check error, matrix mode = %d, depth = %d, please make sure to pop all matrices before end", errsrc, i->first, i->second);
which makes seem more like lups...
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Xangi wrote:Well, that's disappointing. I'll post back if I find a way to hide the messages.
You can use message separator to at least show system messages separate from other ones. It makes message spam less annoying.

https://code.google.com/p/xta-springrts ... arator.lua

It has a bit cumbersome UI, all works with keyboard shortcuts, but it will help with the problem you are facing.
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

I think I found what exactly causes the error. It's the cloak visuals.

Steps to reproduce: build any cloakable unit, make it cloak, see the error spam.
Xangi

Post by Xangi »

Well, I didn't expect this to get this much attention, but it's good either way. Is there a way I can open up the NOTA game file and fix it myself?
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Xangi wrote:Well, I didn't expect this to get this much attention, but it's good either way. Is there a way I can open up the NOTA game file and fix it myself?
You are free to open NOTA game file (just unzip it, its zip file).

Many people use that for 1) making their NOTA_Peewee HP+1 game or 2) trying to fix the bug. I hope you are the second case. If yes, i would suggest to try last revision of NOTA source from our repository.

Create folder in your games folder called for example NOTAtest.sdd and use tortoise svn (download, install it) to get that source from repository. After that you find the new game in your lobby and you can test it.

Return to “Help & Bugs”