Detecting new versions of mod / rapid integration

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

When I push out a new version of Evo... Currently I have to stop the hosts, update, and restart them. Is there a way I can just update and them be like "ohay new version, rehosting!"?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

Forboding Angel wrote:When I push out a new version of Evo... Currently I have to stop the hosts, update, and restart them. Is there a way I can just update and them be like "ohay new version, rehosting!"?
You don't need to restart SPADS to host a new mod.

By default, SPADS already does what you describe (cf autoReloadArchivesMinDelay global setting and modName hosting setting). However, regarding the auto reload archives feature, SPADS only monitors the "maps", "mods" and "games" sub-directories of your Spring data directory. If you want to reload the archives by hand, you can use the !reloadArchives command.

Anyway, in both cases (auto-reload and !reloadArchives) SPADS will auto-rehost by itself once a new version of current mod is seen locally. If players are in the battle lobby, it will wait for them to leave (you can still force it with !rehost command).
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Does it pay attention to pool/packages downloads?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Forboding Angel wrote:Does it pay attention to pool/packages downloads?
It doesn't care, as it uses unitsync to load the archives.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Well, that part of it doesn't work with rapid, at all. I gave it several hours to update (was busy doing other junk). It never did, but I did it manually with reloadarchives.

Wish I had known about that command a month ago -_- Derpface
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Forboding Angel wrote:Well, that part of it doesn't work with rapid, at all. I gave it several hours to update (was busy doing other junk). It never did, but I did it manually with reloadarchives.
What do you mean by "doesn't work with rapid, at all" ?

As I said in my previous post:
SPADS only monitors the "maps", "mods" and "games" sub-directories of your Spring data directory
I believe rapid puts files in some "pool" directory, so of course it won't trigger archive auto-reloading.

I don't know much about rapid. If "pool" is a standard sub-directory of Spring data directory, I could make SPADS monitors it as well for automatic archive reloading.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

bibim wrote:I don't know much about rapid. If "pool" is a standard sub-directory of Spring data directory
It is, see https://github.com/spring/spring/blob/d ... lArchive.h for the specifics.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Ok thanks.
Then actually I guess monitoring the "packages" directory modification time should do the job.

I added it in Spads 0.11.7a.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

<3 :-)

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”