lvl 1 metal makers

lvl 1 metal makers

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Dead.Rabit

lvl 1 metal makers

Post by Dead.Rabit »

level 1 metal makers for me at least are there for aiding the transition from lvl 1 to lvl 2.. useful if u misjudged and have too much energy or too little metal and cant afford to stretch your defences to the next metal patch so early ingame..

anyway onto the point.. can metal makers be made more efficient.. either producing 2..3 even metal as opposed to just 1. or reducing the power.. as its just too little considering to power just 1 u need 3.

i realise that the ratio of power to metal from lvl 1 - lvl 2 is conserved with it only producing 1 metal.. (1000/16=60/1) ...well to 1 sig fig... sorry for anyone who didnt follow that. but the point is still the same that i think that metal makers should be more efficient.. either taking 30 E or creating 1.5-3 M.....all constructive criticizms are welcome =]
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Well, those metalmakers are inefficient for a reason:
SO you have to expand and secure metalspots.

If you make l1 more efficient, you would push them almost to the same efficiency than moho mines, (300e for 8-14m), which would totally kill the whole economy.
mother

Re: lvl 1 metal makers

Post by mother »

Dead.Rabit wrote:.all constructive criticizms are welcome =]
How about- post this in the mod's forum? ;)
Dead.Rabit

Post by Dead.Rabit »

heheh sorry.. but what i mean is that jus a little more efficiency to make them worth the hastle.. even changing it from 60 - 50... point taken about the moho tho.
and in alot of maps in the end there is a limit too how much you can expand.. i find that metal is the least rewarding part of expanding (except in patchy maps.. like comet catcher etc).

best is unpredictability. it also takes longer to overcome you so you have time to build heavy defences around your fusions etc. aswell as good nuke defence. and soo on. my point is that forfeiting 3 solars worth of power should be sleightly rewarding..
Dead.Rabit

Post by Dead.Rabit »

oh sorry dont waste your time with this.. i realised a floor. if this happened then it would produce more Metal if you built 20 lvl 1 metal makers then 1 Lvl 2... almost double infact.. would make a cool tip for those who knew about it tho yet it would be exploitable =]
Chocapic

Post by Chocapic »

i hope you realize all this depends really on the mod ur playing
Edit: and for the mod ur saying (XTA) the thing that would be reasonable as the metal to energy spent ratio is the same on metal makers from both levels would be to change lvl2 metal makers drain to 930 or so, that way making lvl2 makers worth more than lvl1 makers as it is in other mods (or so i think...)
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Dead.Rabit wrote:... i find that metal is the least rewarding part of expanding (except in patchy maps.. like comet catcher etc).
That's why you hear so many complaint from experienced players about the maps not beeing properly made, as far as metal distribution is concerned.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

PauloMorfeo wrote:
Dead.Rabit wrote:... i find that metal is the least rewarding part of expanding (except in patchy maps.. like comet catcher etc).
That's why you hear so many complaint from experienced players about the maps not beeing properly made, as far as metal distribution is concerned.
Let's get this straight, Mr. Rabbit. Comet Catcher is not a "patchy" map. Comet Catcher is a relatively normal map as far as metal is concerned. The maps that you may base your experience on are known as "metal maps" and are complete and utter crap. Either that or the metal distribution is screwy, as Paulo said.
munch

MMs are Fine

Post by munch »

I think MMs are fine as they are. They aren't great, but they allow you to beef up your energy supply so that your laser towers have enough power when you're under attack. They're cheap and they build fast and they already pay for themselves. Making them any more effective than they already are means that you can start to base your whole economy on them, instead of needing to secure metal patches, which makes for a much more limited kind of game.

Their usefulness varies from map to map. Sometimes I find I'm quite a long way in and I've forgotten to build them. Other times you end up building them early because metal spots are in short supply. The danger is that you make it a no-brainer to build these things regardless of the map, and in so doing you remove an element of gameplay, which leaves the game poorer I think.

IMHO they're well balanced at present, they fill a role and need to be used with thought to get the most out of them.

Munch
Dead.Rabit

Post by Dead.Rabit »

oh sorry dont waste your time with this.. i realised a floor. if this happened then it would produce more Metal if you built 20 lvl 1 metal makers then 1 Lvl 2... almost double infact.. would make a cool tip for those who knew about it tho yet it would be exploitable =]
as i say... i screwed up.. increasing lvl 1's metel output would make them much more efficient then lvl 2's hence it would be much more efficient (and possibly cheaper) to build 20 little mm's then 1 huge 1. . . weather u like the idea or not is regardless =]

Return to “General Discussion”