BA 7.75 Released!

BA 7.75 Released!

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Silentwings

BA 7.75 Released!

Post by Silentwings »

EDIT: Changelog for 7.74 -> 7.75
-New version to overcome a conflict between rapid and Springfiles versions

Changelog for 7.73 -> 7.74

-Fixed lua errors and odd behaviour caused by change to UnitPreDamaged arguments (fixes combomb, commando and other gadgetry)
-Fixed comgate
-Fixed dgun not firing if there was uneven ground in the way
-Fixed some lua errors and set com_counter to not place markers by default
-Made a modoption for no_close_spawn
-Made adv_unit_marker place only local markers
-Made enemy_spotter widget more visible
-Made menu of lock_camera easier to read
-Made snd_volume_osd enabled by default and made it go pop!
-Removed dynamic_blob_shadows widget

~ Just some bugfixes! Thank you to the testers ;)

Download Here
http://springfiles.com/spring/games/bal ... ilation-38

Lil' bit of eyecandy:
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: BA 7.74 Released!

Post by jamerlan »

Great job!
Silentwings

Re: BA 7.74 Released!

Post by Silentwings »

Seems you should download from SpringFiles because of some problem with rapid; autodownload doesn't work properly at the moment.
FabriceFABS

Re: BA 7.75 Released!

Post by FabriceFABS »

Many thanks, as usual :-)
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Great!

hoijui wrote:(pls see edit to my last post)

edit:
i have not tried it yet, but being able to follow players camera as a spec sounds great!
This does sound nice indeed. I am always curious what other good players look at during the game. Can someone who already tested it tell if it has a delay?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

The delay should be so small you won't notice it - it should never be greater than a second.

If it's a problem it's easy to make less delay, but less delay <-> bigger demo file size & more traffic ingame, so we have to compromise.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Easyfacing widget makes building placement work badly. When you've got a building selected and you hold lmb down to place it, the placement isn't shown on the screen as it should be.

Don't know how old an issue this is, or if it's just with hte new engine.
fruehling

Post by fruehling »

I've been playing with three friends yesterday on a LAN, it works great! :) Thanks for keeping it up! :-)
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Panthers ray looks different now... more straight... and it does hit less (often/dps?).
Floris

Post by Floris »

It hits less often because the firing of the weapon is more in sync with the turret position. Maily a nerf to the flash and panther. At least thats what i figured out.

I asked and this behavior was a fix, and not a real nerf, it was just correcting a bug. This should have been noted on the list imho.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

FYI, it seems the HealthBars widget is causing heavy memory usage on my (old) system, which leads to unplayable games after about 15 minutes, whereas it used to work correctly with Spring 91 / BA 7.72.
Last edited by bibim on 29 Mar 2013, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Panthers ray looks different now...
The engine changed the way it interprets colours so it was remade slightly - we didn't try to exactly duplicate what was there before. It's a cosmetic change only.
It hits less often because the firing of the weapon is more in sync with the turret position... This should have been noted on the list imho.
It's a fix inside the engine and (iirc) appears on the engines changelog somewhere in between 91 and 94.
FYI, it seems the HealthBars widget is causing heavy memory usage
It's always been one of the hungriest widgets, but since jK wrote it I assume its already optimized too be as good as it gets. It shouldn't eat hugely more cycles than the RedUI stuff does and if it is eating more than I suspect some kind of gfx driver bug. That widget hasn't been altered since forever afaik; did it always cause trouble on previous engines?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Silentwings wrote:did it always cause trouble on previous engines?
No, it used to work normally for me before Spring 94 / BA 7.75 (I didn't change any driver on my system since then).
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

I performed some tests with Spring 94.1 + BA 7.72, and the issue is there too. So it's actually [ HealthBars widget + Spring 94 ] which triggers the problem on my system, nothing related specifically to BA 7.75 (cf this mantis report).
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I have memory problems with spring 94.1+BA7.75 too.

Every 2nd-4th match or so I have to quit/kill spring, because it exceeds 7GB! If I then rejoin and replay the sim so I can continue the match, it doesn't happen again. I have tried looking at widget profiler, but I think it doesn't show memory usage, does it? Is there any way to find out what is using the mem? (Playing without health bars just to see if _nothing_ happens is really annoying....)
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

@Dansan; I have no idea what could cause that except possibly a gfx driver bug causing a memleak.

I don't think there is a way to map out which memory is used by which widgets/gadgets, not least because each lua piece of memory is not owned by a unique widget/gadget. Have you tried spectating with "/luaui disable" to see if the problem still occurs?

Does it always happen to the same games if you watch demos?

Presumably it eventually crashes due to lack of mem - what does infolog say when this happens?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

seen in a game:

atomic bombers seems to do no damage to a vulcan cannon?!

also:
[f=0013005] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, UnitPreDamaged, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/mo_combomb_full_damage.lua"]:35: Bad unitID parameter in GetUnitPosition()

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'GetUnitBasePosition'
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/mo_combomb_full_damage.lua"]:35: in function 'UnitPreDamaged'
[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1287: in function <[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:1280>
(tail call): ?
Last edited by abma on 04 Apr 2013, 21:04, edited 2 times in total.
Floris

Post by Floris »

razorbacks overshoot pitbulls when they are emp'd and cloacked in this particular case
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

atomic bombers seems to do no damage to a vulcan cannon?!
Wow - I think this is a collision volumes error due to the unusual trajectory of the liches missile. Thanks for reporting!

edit: It's probably this bug http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=3641.
[f=0013005] Error: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, UnitPreDamaged, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/mo_comb
omb_full_damage.lua"]:35: Bad unitID parameter in GetUnitPosition()
Is fixed in svn, although its a mystery to me why UnitPreDamaged can give the WeaponID of Commmander_Blast and on the same frame not have the AttackerID (which should be the com) properly defined.
razorbacks overshoot pitbulls when they are emp'd and cloacked in this particular case
Probably also due to a colvol being slightly wrong (haven't checked yet). Thanks for reporting.
albator

Post by albator »

I experience a case of a llt trying to shoot a scout while an ally veh cons was between the two and the llt eventually killed the veh ally cons instead of the scout: all 3 arm units

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”