Autohost BA Kick AFK/Reserve Slot

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

allready Mantis that but died after hardly censorship :cry:

First Feature: plz kick inactive spectators(after half an hour maybe) from autohost, no one need them and they clog the server. only to got higher rank? the slots are limited so give aktive players a chance to join.

Second: reserve slots from players that kicked because of crash. oftens all waste their time on paused games but the player cant reconnect to host. a new player or spectator got his slot and limited slots of spectators locked the server. nobody knows whats going on without communicate. plz reserve this slot some minutes before a new player takes over the helm.
Floris

Re: Autohost BA Kick AFK/Reserve Slot

Post by Floris »

the 2nd point isnt a big one if you know how to reconnect without being in the lobby:

drag script.txt onto spring.exe and voila, ur back in the game/team
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Mantis is for engine bugs, it won't help to complain about lobby/spads/autohost behaviour there.

First idea is good, in fact you could write a plugin for spads to do it or hope someone else will...
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

Floris wrote:the 2nd point isnt a big one if you know how to reconnect without being in the lobby:

drag script.txt onto spring.exe and voila, ur back in the game/team

you assuming that I am familiar with programming- iam not :wink:

Silentwings wrote: First idea is good, in fact you could write a plugin for spads to do it or hope someone else will...
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You'll find that people who produce stuff on here are generally too busy to do someone elses coding 'on request'.

Learning to code is very easy. There is even a good introduction on the wiki to writing spads plugins: http://springrts.com/wiki/SPADS_plugin_development
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

man, the last time I wrote a script that was in the good old nineties under instructions :lol:

you want me to fly but iam not a bird :mrgreen:
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Dragging script.txt over Spring.exe isn't coding!
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

yeah people stop speaking in puzzles :?

its not easy for non semi players to understand when you talking like yoda...

script.exe is a file into my games folder @ win7 and i have to drag it onto spring.exe/mt.exe- i understand you right now? than special thanks to all of you if it really work on it!
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

AntiAllez wrote:yeah people stop speaking in puzzles :?

its not easy for non semi players to understand when you talking like yoda...

script.exe is a file into my games folder @ win7 and i have to drag it onto spring.exe/mt.exe- i understand you right now? than special thanks to all of you if it really work on it!
script.txt defines the play session and is generated by your lobby client at launch... and you execute it as a parameter of the spring executable (spring.exe/mt.exe) which in windows means dragging it on top of it, yes.

Us people who grew up with DOS sometimes forget how little the average computer user needs to know these days.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

AntiAllez wrote:First Feature: plz kick inactive spectators(after half an hour maybe) from autohost, no one need them and they clog the server. only to got higher rank? the slots are limited so give aktive players a chance to join.
What do you call "inactive" spectator? What could be done for example is a plugin to auto-kick (only when spec slots are full) unsynced spectators and bugged spectators who stay "in-game" between games. But tbh this has low priority for me, so don't expect me to work on it in near future.
AntiAllez wrote:Second: reserve slots from players that kicked because of crash. oftens all waste their time on paused games but the player cant reconnect to host. a new player or spectator got his slot and limited slots of spectators locked the server. nobody knows whats going on without communicate. plz reserve this slot some minutes before a new player takes over the helm.
When did you last encounter this problem? This should be fixed since SPADS 0.11.2:
SPADS changelog wrote:0.11.2: allow disconnected players who didn't lose yet to reconnect to the battle lobby even if the battle is full, so that they can rejoin the game
You just have to use !unlockSpec and it will open the battle for you even if spec slots are full, then you can rejoin normally.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

bibim wrote:You just have to use !unlockSpec and it will open the battle for you even if spec slots are full, then you can rejoin normally.
interesting command. how i have to use it? have to open spads chat channel from the host?

i watched all my commandlist but i cant find the command on it. how much users knowing about this feature. never heard about it before

i hope that the future brings us a simple solution with lobby. kommt Zeit kommt Rat.

bibim wrote:What do you call "inactive" spectator?
spectators that doesnt move their cursor or typing- people who joins a host and the space left(then like undead vegetate)
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

AntiAllez wrote:interesting command. how i have to use it?
If your lobby client doesn't offer this functionality in the GUI, you can type it as a private message to the autohost.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

thx for help!

do you know which lobby client offer it? i using the default one. i think the most people have in this usage?

Return to “Feature Requests”