Weblobby version 159

Weblobby version 159

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Weblobby version 159

Post by CarRepairer »

Celebrate version 159! Why not?

Weblobby version 159

Features:
  • Click the link, login and play. Weblobby downloads everything for you when you join a multiplayer battle - engine, game and map.
  • Single player tab lets you play without connecting to the server.
  • Customizable views, an autojoin channels list, a friends list and other chat features.
  • Integrated with the Springie autohost. Also allows direct hosting and replay hosting.
  • Integrated with Nightwatch - subscribe to channels so you don't miss the chat when you're gone.
  • Integrated with ZKLobby's Quickmatch.
Chat

Downloads

Battlelist

Single Player

Tested on Windows 7, MacOS 10.7.5 and Xubuntu Linux 12.04. Works best on Firefox and Safari. Some Linux users on other distributions have had difficulties getting it to load, feedback is appreciated. Source.
Last edited by CarRepairer on 08 Jul 2013, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
gajop

Re: Weblobby version 159

Post by gajop »

error on linux :
when connecting:
Java Socket Bridge cannot connect until the applet has loaded. Do you have the latest version of Java? Are you allowing Java to load in your browser?

when "disconnecting" (that connect didn't really work though):
Java Socket Bridge cannot disconnect until the applet has loaded.

when trying to play single player (doesn't detect the globally installed spring install):
You do not have any version of the engine. You can log onto the multi player server and it will download an engine for you.

additional detail:
spring is intalled in /usr/bin/spring

% java -version
java version "1.7.0_17"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.8) (ArchLinux build 7.u17_2.3.8-1-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

% pacman -Qi icedtea-web-java7
Name : icedtea-web-java7
Version : 1.3.1-2

% chromium --version
Chromium 25.0.1364.172
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Someone else said this as well. Check your security settings to see if you're blocking any applet signature keys. JavaSocketBridge is the applet that needs to load for you to connect. I may eventually put this functionality into the main applet but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel just yet.
malric

Post by malric »

CarRepairer wrote:Someone else said this as well. Check your security settings to see if you're blocking any applet signature keys. JavaSocketBridge is the applet that needs to load for you to connect. I may eventually put this functionality into the main applet but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel just yet.
Got the following error, just after I put the password:
Problem downloading engine: [Error] ../../../../../tools/pr-downloader/src/main.cpp:173:main(): No engine version found for 93.1
Firefox 19.0.2
jre1.7.0_17
Opensuse 11.3
no spring installed

This is not my main machine, was just curious how this would work, but it will not even connect. Please tell me if you need some more specific details.
gajop

Post by gajop »

think there's just no static download for linux 93.1
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

malric wrote:
Problem downloading engine: [Error] ../../../../../tools/pr-downloader/src/main.cpp:173:main(): No engine version found for 93.1
There is no static version 93.1 for Linux. Join a game that's hosted with 93.2. You also can host your own and type !setengine 93.2. Springie will rehost your game.
malric

Post by malric »

CarRepairer wrote:
malric wrote:
There is no static version 93.1 for Linux. Join a game that's hosted with 93.2. You also can host your own and type !setengine 93.2. Springie will rehost your game.
I am not able to connect. After I click "Connect", enter the password, click ok, it will give the error above, then there is a popup with "downloading 93.1", which has an "ok", I click that and I am back in the main screen with the button saying now "Connecting".
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

You were able to connect because it knew that the server version is 93.1. Give it more time or try again.
gajop

Post by gajop »

CarRepairer wrote:Someone else said this as well. Check your security settings to see if you're blocking any applet signature keys. JavaSocketBridge is the applet that needs to load for you to connect. I may eventually put this functionality into the main applet but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel just yet.
Gave it a couple of more tries but it seems it's already enabled, and I accepted the certificate when prompted.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Okay. My next step will be to drop this other applet and open the sockets using my own. I don't know what else to do, it's just random for some people that it won't load that applet.

Edit: done.
Vermind

Post by Vermind »

Two things about Weblobby:
1. It cannot download version 91.0 of Spring, since that is not up anywhere. If I copy it manually to .spring/weblobby/engine/91.0/, like (on Linux, paste this to your terminal with 91.0 installed via package manager)

Code: Select all

mkdir -p ~/.spring/weblobby/engine/91.0/
cp /usr/games/spring ~/.spring/weblobby/engine/91.0/.
cp -r /usr/lib/spring/* ~/.spring/weblobby/engine/91.0/.
cp -r /usr/share/games/spring/* ~/.spring/weblobby/engine/91.0/.
And reload the battle, it works great.

2. The developer is "UNKNOWN" when it asks me to open the applet. That is kinda ominous.

Otherwise it works great. Nice work!

Tested with Debian Testing, Firefox/Iceweasel 19.02, Java plugin 1.6.0_43 from Oracle Java 6.
albator

Post by albator »

working for me with chrome mint 14

The password in the config file is saved in clear
Vermind

Post by Vermind »

One more thing:
Tall maps are fit to the map picture box using their width, so most of such maps will show less than the actual map area. Example: Start a multiplayer battle and do

Code: Select all

!map Chicken Farm
knorke

Post by knorke »

if 5 players are in a room
and 8 players go out
how many players must go in the room so it is empty again?
http://www.abload.de/img/unbenanntd1jqd.jpg
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

There is now a notification sound when someone says your name or messages you.
NeonStorm

Post by NeonStorm »

I think the most awesome features would be (sorted by priority):

Simple, thus important:

* Engines: Enable to link spring/libunitsync of different engine versions manually - e.g.: create-override(eng-ver:"###.#", sp:"path", lib:"path")

* No static engine found: Help with compiling (tutorial (iframe) - even better if it could directly dl source and activate the compiler)

* Put player/specs/slots in front of the battle/ready column, because this column is a very good visual spacer. (Done)

More work:

* Improve Filters: min/max users (incl [X]players? [X]specs?) (Done)
; max-players in room is cropped to max-player-spots (even if you count specs in)
Filters could temporarily adjust quickmatch settings.

* Replace "Game" column value with rapid tags if enabled in settings (less visual space) and make the version brighter or cursive, some space between game name and version, etc.

* On Error: Say what you have to do to solve it.

* Import/Export settings from/to other lobbies (sync).

Stylish/CSS work:

* some consistent default themes (the appearance attracts users!)
The faster you can adjust the style with CSS (provide example?), the better. (I will do nothing as long as it is not usable for me (see bugs))

Current bugs:

* When I join/leave it displays -1 active player sometimes

* Sometimes it has a huge performance drop, experienced after login or some quick joins/leaves.
Stability and sufficient options are the most important things to me.

I'm using latest Kubuntu (Linux)
Last edited by NeonStorm on 09 Apr 2013, 13:47, edited 2 times in total.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

NeonStorm wrote: Improve Filters: min/max users (incl [X]players? [X]specs?);
Added.
NeonStorm wrote:Put player/specs/slots in front of the battle/ready column
You can now drag the columns around to suit yourself.
NeonStorm wrote:When I join/leave it displays -1 active player
I've had this happen once, it's so rare that it's hard to track, I'm still waiting for it to happen again so I can debug.
NeonStorm

Post by NeonStorm »

As a product for normal spring users, it is good - really!

But looking into the code, I, with some experience in html, css and javascript, see, that something can maybe be done more user-friendly / more customize-able.
OFC only if your framework and tools allow it...

e.g: I want (with stylish) to do element:hover{ top/bottom: x% !important }, ... to make the battle-room or battle-list area bigger for the time you are using it instead of the other, hide battle-room in settings, etc.
-> You can't do that, because all this gets overridden by inline-styles.

You can modify something by altering the attributes or the classes of something with javascript.
e.g:
* <table id=x><td class="hostname" index=0 example="someValue">
* table#x td.hostname, table#x td[index=0]{ example: attr(example) }
-> Everybody could overwrite something with user-styles and !important.

Why did you only decide for inline-styles? :/
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I didn't decide to, the framework I use generates them.

Look at this file, you can create a custom css based on this. My intent was a spring game which has a website with a certain style, could suit this css to their needs and place weblobby in their website.

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/do ... /claro.css

Beware of relative image links in the css.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Can the framework you are using optionally not produce inline styling? (yes it would look terrible but then those of us who use things like stylish and user scripts would be able to inject the style ourselves without having to fight the defaults)

This would, of course, be a temporary measure until such a time as someone builds a proper html5/css default style and hosts the script on a game specific site.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”