Spring 93.1 / 93.2 - Page 4

Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Silentwings

Re: Spring 93.1 / 93.2

Post by Silentwings »

Another solution:

1) Find your current active pringlobby.conf (if you make a portable install then this will be in the same dir as springlobby.exe, if its not a portable install and you have multiple isntalls then its harder to find).
2) Add the line DisableVersionCheck=1

I'm not sure if this is ZK compatible or not; presumably only if your local engine version is the same as what ZK currently asks for. But I'm told that playing ZK with springlobby gives lots of irritating warnings so I guess this doesn't matter much.

Until NOTAlobby becomes open source I'm very much against it being widely used.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Jools wrote:Edit: this means that we don't need to /shall not set cpu affinity anymore with imagecfg when installing spring?
AFAIK in ST mode Spring does a good job setting affinity automatically.
MT mode does it as well, but only if you download Spring MT 93.11.
Jonny5isalivetm

Post by Jonny5isalivetm »

Zerver When will you release 93.11 ? Get it out so we can bug test, it does sound epic
albator

Post by albator »

Units get stuck *really* easily when trying to path around the edge of an impassable region. Pick any impassable region, even just a corner, and ask a tank to path around it and it is basically guaranteed to get stuck, if it so much as touches the corner.
Completely agree, cannot really play with this, you need to micro every single unit in BA. Will fix come from engine or mod ?
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

albator wrote:
Units get stuck *really* easily when trying to path around the edge of an impassable region. Pick any impassable region, even just a corner, and ask a tank to path around it and it is basically guaranteed to get stuck, if it so much as touches the corner.
Completely agree, cannot really play with this, you need to micro every single unit in BA. Will fix come from engine or mod ?
A hope spring 94 is behind the door, this is matter of engine.

I saw some testing thread that can help speed up the debug for engine devs.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Alba wrote:Will fix come from engine or mod ?
From engine - there is nothing mod can do.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Btw, there is problem with unit IDs, it seems they are no longer unique for whole game (IDs of dead units are used again). Otherwise ghost icon widgets woulndt use dead units ghost images and NOTA-TV wouldnt loose some moving icons.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

PepeAmpere wrote:Btw, there is problem with unit IDs, it seems they are no longer unique for whole game (IDs of dead units are used again). Otherwise ghost icon widgets woulndt use dead units ghost images and NOTA-TV wouldnt loose some moving icons.
That would actually be a good thing. A feature. Widgets such as ghosted radar dots break a lot of the fun with the game.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Jools wrote:
PepeAmpere wrote:Btw, there is problem with unit IDs, it seems they are no longer unique for whole game (IDs of dead units are used again). Otherwise ghost icon widgets woulndt use dead units ghost images and NOTA-TV wouldnt loose some moving icons.
That would actually be a good thing. A feature. Widgets such as ghosted radar dots break a lot of the fun with the game.
I hope you dont mean this for real. Adoration of bug for killing functionality of one widget you dont like? Oh god :roll:

Btw, the property of Spring that each ID for units is used only once in game was good. I dont see any mention about such change in changelog so i consider it as a bug.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

IDs have always been reused. ghost icon widget always had this issue.
it is good that IDs are reused.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

PepeAmpere wrote:I hope you dont mean this for real. Adoration of bug for killing functionality of one widget you dont like? Oh god :roll:
You think I'm joking? If I were joking I would say something like:
— What's brown and sounds like a bell? (Dung!{should be said like the sound of hitting a gong-gong})

The fun without widgets such as ghosted radar dots or even ghosted buildings is that there is more emphasis on gathering intel and planning, teamworking and discussing, than just producing eco and a lot of units. But that's my opinion, I know some people like to have all automated.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

it is good that IDs are reused.
why?
Erik

Post by Erik »

As of 93.1 there still is the bug that makes impossible to set a waypoint for factories having only the factory selected(selecting together with a mobile unit works).
If you try to you can't even deselect the factory afterwards.
Also the waypoints are randomly disappearing after a while if you manage to set one.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Jools: sorry, i dont see any real connection between unique IDs and your personal problem with some widgets

hoijui: why it is good? just technical arguments (speed, memory,...) or some philosophical, too?

hoijui: i cannot prove it (fast), but from behavior of some of my widgets it looks like in spring 91 (for example) the IDs of new units were not so often taken from used_ones_mound as it is usuall in current spring version
smoth

Post by smoth »

this belongs in a new lua thread but maybe create your own table with your own ids?
PRO_[JAZZ]

Post by PRO_[JAZZ] »

Hi, any eta on when the Ubuntu ppa repositry is going to get the new version? I've tried to download and install from the file posted on the home page but I've not been able to get it up and running!

If it's going to be a while anyone mind giving me a hand with the install?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

PRO_[JAZZ] wrote:I've tried to download and install from the file posted on the home page but I've not been able to get it up and running!
what did you do and what didn't work? which ubuntu version are you using? <12.04 doesn't work with the 64 bit static build of spring. ubuntu 11.10 is supported until April 2013, so you've to upgrade regardingless of spring.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Erik wrote:As of 93.1 there still is the bug that makes impossible to set a waypoint for factories having only the factory selected(selecting together with a mobile unit works).
Also the waypoints are randomly disappearing after a while if you manage to set one.
I already responded to you about this on a previous thread.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Erik wrote:As of 93.1 there still is the bug that makes impossible to set a waypoint for factories having only the factory selected(selecting together with a mobile unit works).
http://springrts.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Post it on mantis, if you already posted on mantis and it is still present, make a new note in your mantis posting that it is still present.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Ok, just found at least 1 time where it is a problem. The almost INSTANT reuse of a unit id does bring about interesting bugs.

Return to “News”