Information/Advice to BA FFA players

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

albator

Post by albator »

FlopFlop and I have been banned from ACE FFA host for renaming to often (using same account, thus automatically chrancked 7)

I cannot talk with admin since they are not there.

I advice all FFA player to play on spads5 where admins dont ban you for that reason....

Hopefully for ACE admin, community is still small so they can keep track of names right now to "justify" this decision...
Jazcash

Re: Information/Advice to BA FFA players

Post by Jazcash »

Can't say I blame that decision, it's annoying not knowing who anybody is because they rename 10 times a day. Not an official offence ofc but certainly fair enough reason for a server owner to ban you from their server imo.
albator

Post by albator »

Jazcash wrote:Can't say I blame that decision, it's annoying not knowing who anybody is because they rename 10 times a day. Not an official offence ofc but certainly fair enough reason for a server owner to ban you from their server imo.
Yeah, that their host, their rules, I just want to inform other players.
The reason gasmask did that is that he like to combom/comdrop/fast-airstrike a single player at start (like xanax or whatever)

From the time I used to stack 2v2 with 8D in 2010 and before we were renaming every single game cause poeple were combombing, air-droping us fast every single game I am not masochist.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

albator wrote: Yeah, that their host, their rules, I just want to inform other players.
The reason gasmask did that is that he like to combom/comdrop/fast-airstrike a single player at start (like xanax or whatever)

From the time I used to stack 2v2 with 8D in 2010 and before we were renaming every single game cause poeple were combombing, air-droping us fast every single game I am not masochist.
Ok, guess that's fine and I agree with the second part. People always gang up on me, I've watched so many replays of people just labelling stuff like "DROID IS" HERE or "COMBOMB AND I WILL SEND UNITS" etc etc :cry:
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Sounds like a valid tactic to target the stronger players first imho. It is annoying that people keep renaming even though TASclient keeps track of you.

My advice to everyone using this tactic: use your lobby to identify your opponents.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

It shouldn't be possible to combomb someone for the first five minutes or so in FFA. Like what's the fun in that? >_> You also kill yourself in the process.
Someone should create a setting that you can turn on/off for the early combomb issue in FFA. For example, building an atlas wouldn't be possible for the first five minutes.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

That's a smart idea. But it needs to be a bit refined, having early atlas is one quite nice tactic, for example for the air start player.

OTA had a rule that you couldn't cross to the other side of map before a certain time, and also in some tournaments that you couldn't combomb/compush before 10 mins.

How about a gadget that makes your team lose if you lose commander before 5 minutes?

Or maybe just if you lose commander on opponents half of the map, before 5 mins?
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

No need for automation - just make it a rule on the host.
flop

Post by flop »

Actually I wasn't banned for renaming, I was on my main name, I was banned for trying to take britain aggressively early in a FFA against an admin (with comm+atlas)
scifi

Post by scifi »

oh good old ffa still alive heh ;)

Dont see a problem with renaming, actualy makes the game more fun.

Sometimes you just wanna relax in a ffa match, not play serious (like i do most of the times), now you dont need 4 to 5 people ganking you up at start. Its legit if they do so, but its also legit for you to hide your identity.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

Sounds like you found love in a hopeless place. P.S bak.
albator

Post by albator »

I was unbanned. looks like it was a misunderstanding and I was banned cause I had a [smug] tag. I don't know about flop though

Return to “Ingame Community”