Make me a moderator - Page 6

Make me a moderator

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Make me a moderator

Post by Forboding Angel »

PicassoCT wrote:might been a birt hard on forb- he is not several guys after all. Still, he came this far, of all this one man projects, he really lived the dream.. release on Desura and everything. (not counting ARGH, and non intertubes distributed games (KP im lookin at you))
As loathe as I am to indulge you the tiniest bit...

You also don't see all the stuff I do in the background for it. Though most of those goodies are given explicitly to the Desura installs, which regrettably are currently limited to winblows, but with a static build of spring, hopefully linux will soon be part of that.

Because I know you didn't read anything on the forum, stuff this in your pipe and smoke it: https://plus.google.com/101823204465511 ... y4jDJsbe9f

:evil: fed the fucking troll. Image
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

aegis

Post by aegis »

Beherith wrote:
Das Bruce wrote:All I want for Christmas is a DeleteAllAndBan button.
pls pls pls
Admins have a "delete all posts" button. I think giving it to all the mods would could *maybe* have an edge case where a normal user disappears -_-

The current state of delete vs move was already custom-developed to help mods clean up spam :P
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Getting sick of seeing all this spam, could I be moderator temporarily until we get a proper solution just so I can delete it all? I'm probably, in fact, very probably the current most frequent checker of these forums. It's my homepage, I check it like a Facebook addict when I have nothing better to do :P

Same goes for Flozi and any other similar, active users. They can be trusted not to do anything naughty. We're just getting a bit tired of all the spam. I don't mean this to be a permanent solution, just temporarily until we can stop the spam properly.

Also, could I get admin access on the test forum so I can try out a few spam filtration systems and attempt implementing a ban and delete all posts button for global moderators?

I realise these are big requests for somebody with my history, so to sweeten the deal, you can perma-ban me from the forums and lobby if I do anything naughty :roll:
Last edited by Jazcash on 20 Dec 2012, 20:30, edited 3 times in total.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Jazcash wrote:Getting sick of seeing all this spam, could I be moderator temporarily until we get a proper solution just so I can delete it all? I'm probably, in fact, very probably the most frequent checker of these forums. It's my homepage, I check it like a Facebook addict when I have nothing better to do :P
unlikely!
I keep lurking here during my classes
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Jazcash wrote:Getting sick of seeing all this spam, could I be moderator temporarily until we get a proper solution just so I can delete it all? I'm probably, in fact, very probably the current most frequent checker of these forums. It's my homepage, I check it like a Facebook addict when I have nothing better to do :P

Same goes for Flozi and any other similar, active users. They can be trusted not to do anything naughty. We're just getting a bit tired of all the spam. I don't mean this to be a permanent solution, just temporarily until we can stop the spam properly.

Also, could I get admin access on the test forum so I can try out a few spam filtration systems and attempt implementing a ban and delete all posts button for global moderators?

I realise these are big requests for somebody with my history, so to sweeten the deal, you can perma-ban me from the forums and lobby if I do anything naughty :roll:
I have yet to see a system that effectively stops the spam properly... because ad trolling workarounds are used to make actual humans break into accounts. It's not always automated systems. We could do the "first post must be approved by moderator" thing, but it's a lot of work and moderators aren't overly active. I'd hate for someone to wait a week to join the forum because we were celebrating Christmas or just couldn't be assed. Also, I don't want to add any plugins to the spring website right now (honestly, because I'm lazy... some amount of business granted... but I just don't feel like playing with it at the moment)

Flozi is now a moderator. I'm looking at other candidates right now but I'm not sure who I really prefer. I'd like people who are active somewhere asside from just off topic and general discussion. If you guys want to nominate someone who is not yourself I'll take it into consideration.
smoth

Post by smoth »

give me power, only good things can happen!

I PROMISE!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

re-born out of the ashes of a traditional flamewar - like a phoenix he shall rise to power..
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Jazcash wrote:Getting sick of seeing all this spam
Another option that we incorporate uggboots into the spring project :P
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Just unban Emmanuel and make him admin ggnore
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Silentwings wrote:
Jazcash wrote:Getting sick of seeing all this spam
Another option that we incorporate uggboots into the spring project :P

This is not bad at all.. Sure spamin boards all day is pretty boring. We could teach them some lua. They could start learning making a game on the side. Everyone wins.

Return to “General Discussion”