Make me a moderator - Page 5

Make me a moderator

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: Make me a moderator

Post by Jazcash »

Meh, thread's like this are never gonna have the potential to stay on-topic :P
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

but i want to hamster my players, keep them to myself, vacum seal them and make a collection. You guys are just trying to rip of my precious collection of nothing.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Tbh, while I disagree with it, I don't see how new springers funneled into zk is a bad thing. The crowd looking for ta in 3d are not my target demographic, so for myself, I really could care less.
Last edited by Forboding Angel on 18 Dec 2012, 00:46, edited 2 times in total.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

*Couldn't.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

My level of caring is above 0.

Therefore, I could care less.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Forboding Angel wrote:My level of caring is above 0.

Therefore, I could care less.
I like "I could care less, but only if I was asleep/got drunk/tried/but not much less"
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Exactly. It bothers me, so I care, but I don't really give much of a shit about it.

Ergo, I could care less.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Forboding Angel wrote:Tbh, while I disagree with it, I don't see how new springers funneled into zk is a bad thing. The crowd looking for ta in 3d are not my target demographic, so for myself, I really could care less.
How do you know what your customers want, if even major companys agree that most of there customers when entering shop- do not know what they want?

A wild moment of Realism appears. Its whispering in my ear, saying "Your are a small drop of advertisement in a ocean of advertisement, and nobody will notice you, wherever you go, no matter how much work you invest. Because dozens of you are hired for PR by the big fishes.
The only viable source of players nearby, is the small zero-k sun, which we all - like it or not to some degree orbit. We use its code, and if we can talk them into it, use its player base and server-infrastructure, and well we are tolerated. Not welcomed with open arms, but they see our usefullness as we keep annoyed/bored players in the system for a while longer - and we even trade stuff sometimes. Its not the ideal world we moddevs tend to dream up, but is real, you can get into irc and annoy licho, which you cant with the evo or pure-playerbase. So sparrow or pigeon..guess what i choose.."

Also guess what i recomend as player_material_storage, should another lonly lemming appear in the evo-channel.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

You keep referring to "the only lemmings of evo" as though it gives you some pleasure to point out that there isn't a crowd of people playing it all the time.

Well good for you. When you have dedicated 4 or 5 years of your life to journeywar, and 7+ plus to this engine, I'm sure you will have amassed thousands of followers.

I am obviously not worthy.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

No, im actually quite mad, that you could have one, if you wouldnt let the steady trickle going through your channel go to waste (okay by now its dry again)

There was a period after your desura release were 3 or four new people per week showed up in evo, and there was nothing there to keep them. Not even a way to say "Meanwhile let me play ZK, if enough people for a EvoGame show, remind me and open a game with us all on full auto."

No, here is mr.forb, the big spender, throwing all the wealth in audience into the has bin. Potlash. I cant have it? Non, shall have it, not even my future self, and if its only the chance to win the audience back from ZK.

So call it pleasure.

I call it envy. I would never so carelessly waste that one shot on a playerbase i got. If i ever got that one.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

So I'm wasting my player base by not sending them to ZK and you're buttmad about it. Yeah, that makes sense.

I am not omnipresent. I cannot be everywhere at once. If the server actually used IRC or something that I could log into from my phone and get notifications on then I would be on much more. But as it is, I have springlobby idling on my second monitor ALL DAY just so I can catch people who have questions.

That doesn't help me with stuff like this though:
[03:08:28] <Danel> Anyone around fancy helping a new ubuntu user out? I am getting an error message when I attempt to start a game
[03:09:07] <Danel> Yes, I have looked into the error and inserted the necessary files where they need to go but with no luck.
[03:09:52] <Danel> All I want to do is play Evo
[03:12:01] <Danel> forb
(he says forb at the end because I have it posed on the download page of the website that people can say that in chat and it notifies me)

This was at 3am. I cannot be there 24/7 (although I made a damn fine effort). I am constantly working on my game and improving it, which is more than i can say for some people around here. Ever since it was released on Desura I have been extremely active with it and made fixes as quickly as humanly possible.

At the moment I am working on a ~20 mission campaign which I am in the middle of writing the story for. If you ever spent any time at http://www.forums.evolutionrts.info you would know that.

Please, tell me more about how I am squandering my player base.

You may not realize it but Evo is meant to be a very casual game. One that you can pick up, play, set down, forget about, pick up again, play etc, and it is designed to be extremely casual.

It is not my intent to create an ultra competitive atmosphere like blizzard does with their games, but one where players can be relaxed and enjoy themselves, and a game in which even newbies can feel like they accomplished something.

If you didn't understand that, then you haven't played it enough (and by enough, I mean more than 5 minutes of it).
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Forboding Angel wrote:I am constantly working on my game and improving it, which is more than i can say for some people around here.
How hard your work does not always correlate to how much you win.

Sometimes years of effort can be wasted by an insignificant overlook at the end.
Often there's luck.
Forboding Angel wrote:you're buttmad about it
No, U!
Forboding Angel wrote:Please, tell me more about how I am squandering my player base.
PicassoCT is only trying to open your eyes upon a different viewpoint. Don't attack him!
Forboding Angel wrote:I cannot be there 24/7
Which is exactly why it's a sound idea to share your presence shifts with ZK crew.
Forboding Angel wrote:If the server actually used IRC
Works for me. It's thanks to the IRC bridge that I idle so much in SpringLobby.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

zwzsg wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:Please, tell me more about how I am squandering my player base.
PicassoCT is only trying to open your eyes upon a different viewpoint. Don't attack him!
Fuck him. He's been trolling me and trying to start shit for weeks, and I've just been ignoring him. So then I start reporting his little passive aggressive troll posts and they get ignored because "His trolling is on topic". What a pathetic joke.

Spring is not some player community. That has been tried and it failed, epicly. Mainly because people can't get all their shit into one sack.

The majority of the lobbies are awful and usually barely functional (even for people who know how to deal with it). It's a miracle if SL doesn't crash 5 times before it finally opens, weblobby spams java popups and refuses to accept my spring location, tasclient... *snicker*, and zk lobby is probably the worst popup offender with it's 50 million script errors.

All this time, you guys dump on the NOTALobby guys as though they are some kind of pariahs because they won't release their source and you are somehow fucking entitled to it, when notalobby is actually a great lobby that is stable and doesn't fuck up. The only real thing it lacks is the ability to host locally.

So no, I have absolutely no wish to be tied in with the horrendous mess that is spring games and bullshit tied all into one thing. It doesn't fucking work (and we have many years of proof, and lolEE - Your argument is now invalid), and one shitty game or lobby brings the rest of them down with it.

ZK is doin' it rite, I'm doin' it right. You can be as buttmad as you damn well please [Picasso]. I have already stated that Existing springers are not my target demographic, and the players who are interested in evo are not yours. So you [Picasso] can take your little passive aggressive trolling and pound sand.

Moreover, the existing springers are a bunch of whiny little trolls and pricks (though ZK Admins get my props for weathering the storm pretty well). You're welcome to them. I'll pass. I'd rather have a tiny but cool/nice community than a large shitty one.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

This still about wanting to become moderator? You're doing it the wrong way then ;)
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Forboding Angel wrote:So I'm wasting my player base by not sending them to ZK and you're buttmad about it. Yeah, that makes sense.

I am not omnipresent. I cannot be everywhere at once. If the server actually used IRC or something that I could log into from my phone and get notifications on then I would be on much more. But as it is, I have springlobby idling on my second monitor ALL DAY just so I can catch people who have questions.

That doesn't help me with stuff like this though:
[03:08:28] <Danel> Anyone around fancy helping a new ubuntu user out? I am getting an error message when I attempt to start a game
[03:09:07] <Danel> Yes, I have looked into the error and inserted the necessary files where they need to go but with no luck.
[03:09:52] <Danel> All I want to do is play Evo
[03:12:01] <Danel> forb
(he says forb at the end because I have it posed on the download page of the website that people can say that in chat and it notifies me)

This was at 3am. I cannot be there 24/7 (although I made a damn fine effort). I am constantly working on my game and improving it, which is more than i can say for some people around here. Ever since it was released on Desura I have been extremely active with it and made fixes as quickly as humanly possible.

At the moment I am working on a ~20 mission campaign which I am in the middle of writing the story for. If you ever spent any time at http://www.forums.evolutionrts.info you would know that.

Please, tell me more about how I am squandering my player base.

You may not realize it but Evo is meant to be a very casual game. One that you can pick up, play, set down, forget about, pick up again, play etc, and it is designed to be extremely casual.

It is not my intent to create an ultra competitive atmosphere like blizzard does with their games, but one where players can be relaxed and enjoy themselves, and a game in which even newbies can feel like they accomplished something.
but a ongoing game they need for that. And casuals wont stay to wait. The next attraction is only a tab away. They installed. They allready invested time. Now they see this.
And you know what they miss? A "Sign me up for the next ongoing Evogame - and let me play <Whatever-Game-is-Open> meanwhile" button.
This freaking button is not there. I dont want you to marry the spring comunity, to say "Yes"-to ZK and have children with it.
I just want you- to "AB"-Use them as storage space.
You would actually have a player base by now. Using there moderators.
But you squandered it. And yes, there are casual player bases. Office breaks have a tendency to repeat themselves.

Why is it so hard to get into once head that you can be self-centered and social, at the same time? I dont see were i m trollin.
Attachments
thiSithUation.jpg
thiSithUation.jpg (74.26 KiB) Viewed 2746 times
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

To be fair Picasso does come off a bit trolly sometimes, his saving grace being his unusual outlook on communication and his content project
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

might been a birt hard on forb- he is not several guys after all. Still, he came this far, of all this one man projects, he really lived the dream.. release on Desura and everything. (not counting ARGH, and non intertubes distributed games (KP im lookin at you))
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

So you dislike that there aren't 50 people in the lobby all the time playing?

Well, sure it would be nice if everyone that played would jump on all at once, but they don't. Too bad.
AF wrote:To be fair Picasso does come off a bit trolly sometimes, his saving grace being his unusual outlook on communication and his content project
He plays the "Concern Troll", which is why it's so irritating, because others see his stupid trolling and take it as him being real and feed him further.

Ask yourself this: Do you really think he gives a single flying fuck (I FUCK IN SKY!) about Evo?

Now that you have answered that question, go back and look at his posts. Concern Troll.

Return to “General Discussion”