Hello

Hello

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: Hello

Post by Jazcash »

OMG YOU SO DRUNK !£@?$%!@!*!?$£%
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

LOL go home DSD player, you drunk!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I'M DROID, TARELLINA. [FX]DROID. DO YOU NEVER LISTEN? ;_;
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Tarellina wrote: I'm going to sleep see you tomorrow, mmm tomorrow i'm all day out for work omg see you thursday then
goodnight
The next day, you're not here with me,
I can't help looking at the clock:
A rose? A rose? What could that be?
Is it a flower or a rock?

Why do we treat the fleeting day
with so much needless fear and sorrow?
It's in its nature not to stay:
Today is always gone tomorrow.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Tarellina wrote:Who are all these people? I have never seen them in game omg, Sabutai and kaiser, i just saw sometimes jazcash, but what's your nicks in game?
I'm going to sleep see you tomorrow, mmm tomorrow i'm all day out for work omg see you thursday then
goodnight
When people stop playing, developing or making games and maps for spring... they keep hanging out in the forums indefinitely. That said... I totally installed and played a single player mission in Zero-K yesterday.
smoth

Post by smoth »

SinbadEV wrote:When people stop playing, developing or making games and maps for spring... they keep hanging out in the forums indefinitely.
Says the guy who comes and goes... seldom doing anything

/me looks around, flozi, knorke, picasso, azare, forb, myself.. hmm seems like many of the nonengine devs that stuck around still do shit. You never did anything meaningfull to begin with. so you just kinda hang around doing nothing like always.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Nice job insulting people just hanging around who might one day become productive :/

There was nothing in sinbads post to suggest that *everyone* on the forums is unproductive.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

There was nothing in sinbads post to suggest that *everyone* on the forums is unproductive.
no, just about me and Sabutai, which I resent

edit: Tarellina you sometimes ask if I'm "Mr Cucumber" in [teh] channel. That's where you know me from
smoth

Post by smoth »

Silentwings wrote:Nice job insulting people just hanging around who might one day become productive :/

you know sinbad could make 1 positive post to be productive at least in the eyes of most but he is and slways will be an "idea guy," of which there are thousands. So that could be argued as productive. With the assumption that we have no ideas of our own!

Silentwings, like you, your entire existence here has devolved into issues with smoth guy .
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

KaiserJ wrote:
no, just about me and Sabutai, which I resent
I'm sorry, I had no intention to imply that. I was talking entirely about myself.
smoth wrote:you know sinbad could make 1 positive post to be productive at least in the eyes of most but he is and slways will be an "idea guy," of which there are thousands. So that could be argued as productive. With the assumption that we have no ideas of our own!

Silentwings, like you, your entire existence here has devolved into issues with smoth guy .
I wasn't bothering to defend myself because I don't feel like I need to defend my contributions to the community to you... but since you are trying to convince the rest of the world to think the same way you have... well, I guess you've forced my hand.

When Spring was first released I was huge into Total Annihilation still... I played Spring for hours every day... I never got all that good at it but I sure liked the idea of it.

Mapconv didn't used to have a way to specify features, I poked at the code and figured out what was needed and posted my findings, explaining how it needed to be fixed and shortly thereafter Mother's MapConv was released and I took the time to document it's use in the wiki.

When features were fist implemented someone wanted to make a "crystal" map and asked for crystal features to be created, I created those features and they were included in the map.

I found a bunch of tile-able metal textures and made some maps myself using them. I made some experimental maps to help with feature placement.

I modelled chess pieces and made a "chess mod" to try out the new S3O model format when it was released.

The entire "How to Play Spring" section of the wiki, including most of the screenshots were added by me... I left some of the command descriptions blank and rallied the community to fill them in for me and then copy-edited them.

You're totally right that I haven't contributed much lately and that an awful lot of my posts are "just idea" posts... but it was never my intention to imply that your ideas were any less valuable than mine... I just wanted to share my ideas.

Yeah, I'm totally a flake and never finish most of the stuff that i've started but to say I've ALWAYS been a guy who does NOTHING is inaccurate. I had a kid 4 years ago and another one 3 years ago... most of the time I spend on the Spring forums I do during work hours between calls... I don't choose to spend much of my free time playing or developing for Spring but you seem to think that that means I'm not allowed taking an interest in the various projects or giving feedback.

If you have that much of a problem with me, just ignore me. You are better then this, dude.
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

I play DSD. That's all I can say.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Oh the drama.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Sabutai wrote:I play DSD. That's all I can say.
Master race^
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Well - after reading Sinbads post I'll revise to saying: nice job insulting productive people. To be honest, I barely know who you are, except that you've made some nice maps and a mod which I've not tried.

You could go and read the BA forum/trac and spot that several recent bugfixes/features were me (Bluestone). You can also go and read the Map Creation forum and see that I produce maps; if you played online you could also see that BA and ZK play them, sometimes. You won't find it on trac, but I've also made a 24 mission long campaign and a 10 mission long tutorial, all playable and for incorporation into whenever BAR is ready.

Put together that has been several hundred hours work. Replying to your post has taken a tiny fraction of that.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

I think we should stop here and do other things now. The best thing for this thread is a slow, quiet death.
smoth

Post by smoth »

MidKnight wrote:I think we should stop here and do other things now. The best thing for this thread is a slow, quiet death.
sorry, been doing code bruh.
Rumpelstiltskin

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Then they ban Politics and religion...
Its not the subjects, its the people.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Tarellina wrote:SIMBADEV ARE YOU DRUNK
No.

The TL;DR wasn't for your benefit. Sorry for any confusion.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

SinbadEV wrote:
Tarellina wrote:SIMBADEV ARE YOU DRUNK
No.

The TL;DR wasn't for your benefit. Sorry for any confusion.
Lies to keep his license.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”