You've been kicked from server by <Nightwatch> (reason: Bye - Page 2

You've been kicked from server by <Nightwatch> (reason: Bye

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Re: You've been kicked from server by <Nightwatch> (reason:

Post by Neddie »

I still feel the benefits of segregation are few, if any exist, at this stage of development. It is not a solution in any case.

As to a moderation perspective, internally we have moderators and administrators who pass judgment. If there is an issue, it can be appealed up to the administrators in private, who will then review it. If the issue is with an administration judgment, we other administrators review it. It is informal, but this is the flow. This, theoretically, can occur with issues with ZK bans as well.

Anyway, all of this is academic, there cannot be an appeal without a basis for appeal.
KingRaptor wrote: Two or three times in just one day! And for weeks or months! These are some really serious allegations.

Perhaps you'd like to substantiate it? Bans made by ZK admins are publicly visible on the banned user's page, as long as the ban hasn't expired yet. Go on, post the links; take screenshots if you're really paranoid. I, too, want to know who these unfortunate victims of admin abuse are.
Please, provide evidence of this admin abuse.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I did ask about why jools was being kicked in the zkdev channel but never got a response. Can an exception be made for jools?

also jools:
griefers are people who ruin games by playing poorly on purpose. Examples. Building solars on metal spots, self-d a commander near allied fusions etc.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Jools was given an exception some time ago by KingRaptor, RageQuit also has exception because he asked for it in PM.

Sorry didnt see any question by smoth in zkdev

To make things easier, all existing lobby admins* were given ZK moderation permissions so they now have access to same tools (note no other reliable tools to ban people exist except for ZK service)

* except for aegis and his 3 smurfs, because he yelled at me when he was being auto joined to admin channel
gajop

Post by gajop »

Jools wrote: I guess you know that a vpn sends all ip traffic over a tunnel, not just one port or one program.
That's wrong, it (routing in general) can be set to route only specific IP (sometimes it takes even DNS and resolves it) range to specific devices (vpn is just a virtual device).
I'm not sure what OS you're using, so I can't provide specific links
(it's probably about as complex as writing 'route add springrts.com vpn0', google for your OS).

I used it on Linux (although Windows can modify routing information as well) when I was using the uni's VPN to read certain scientific articles only available within the uni network, while still being perfectly connected to IMs and what not and normally used services for other stuff via the non-vpn connection (the uni VPN is rather slow and filters much of the non http/https stuff iirc).

A general idea of what you need to do is:
1) Set the VPN 'device' to be the default routing destination (lowest priority by default)
2) Set the spring lobby address (and possibly address of game hosts, not sure if it's different) to route over your normal eth0 (ethernet, i.e default) interface.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

A little bird told me that zerpzerp is someone also known as toot/uMad. That clears up a lot of things.
zerpzerp

Post by zerpzerp »

So let's summarize the findings of this discussion. I think we accomplished some good things here.

All VPN users are obviously trolls. That is apparently obvious to the admins. Obviously.

ZK admins are free to ban users from all mods and all servers. Any player will be removed from all servers instead of banned/kicked from the server. Unlike all other autohosts, this is the power of ZK admins because Licho pays the bills. This is obvious.

Spring has no plan ex-Licho. The community as player base is shrinking continuously.

Anyone who questions the obvious is a troll. This is also obvious.

If a player questions any decision by the admins its obviously a personal attack and you will be labeled a troll.

Any player who is labeled a troll will be forever labeled a troll and trolled. This should be obvious, obviously.

I think the best thing to come out of this is that eventually it will only be admins playing with each other for the most part, that will make this moderation mess much easier.

If you can't come up with a valid argument all you have to do is label someone of being a troll and demand evidence in triplicate after it has been lost, found, and buried under soft peat for 3 months.

In conclusion, the issue as to why all ZK admins have the ability to ban users from every mod and every server will not be addressed.

Gentlemen, I conclude this thread based on the findings above that should be obvious.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

what such interesting have you done that you are banned ?
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

In case you are interested:
http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/985
http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/1007
http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/1008
http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/1905
http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/2677

Note: he is t[o_Ot],[ILM]Monti,[ASSHO]fuckyouagain, [TROLL]uMad,

So, reportedly team-killing, spec-cheating, racism, and hostility towards other players, especially new players.

Also apparently a penchant for playing the victim.
zerpzerp

Post by zerpzerp »

You ZK people call everyone toot, umad, whatever.

Not a single one of those instances did I start the altercation.

In fact I was told Licho gave specific orders to make an example of toot for various reasons.

My elo rank was between 1600-1800, certain players were made admins and took it upon themselves to troll me because I would lay waste to them in games.

I don't troll, I am trolled because of an administrative order. sfireman has done much worse things than I ever did.

This is also how ZK typically deal with issues. They label you troll and attack you. Which is why I think removing ZK from the general spring lobby is a good thing. Let them troll each other and act like children, I have no problems with BA players.

Not a single ZK dev other than Licho has contributed to this thread. They all simply attack because they have no valid retort.

I respect Licho for doing whatever it is he does. We need a new lobby without 3/4 of the player base having administrative ability.

Maybe the active player base is so small now that it really doesn't matter. It may just drift into obscurity no matter what happens.

We also shouldn't rely on Licho to foot the bill forever, life may force him to move on as it has many others.

Please stay on topic for this thread.

You assume that everyone using a VPN is a troll.

ZK admins ban users for silly things, because they host the lobby as well. ZK has always had a "us or them" hostile attitude towards spring and other mods. Even when it was CA.

Just search this forum.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

In fact I was told Licho gave specific orders to make an example of toot for various reasons.

My elo rank was between 1600-1800, certain players were made admins and took it upon themselves to troll me because I would lay waste to them in games.
Sorry, I'm only listening to orders too. Whatever Hitler's ghost tells me..
Maybe blame him?
zerpzerp

Post by zerpzerp »

I'm not blaming anyone. Your response is vindictive and you obviously feel you are greater than the community because you host the server.

I think you just proved my point. Keep running people off Licho, maybe all that will be left is ZK, then you can gloat alone.

I didn't start this thread. But people did bring up valid points.

All you and your crew did was attack and discredit while yelling troll.

I'll be back when you are gone. Someday it will happen, then I can enjoy playing with and meeting people from around the world without some hostile better than everyone admin around.

This undoubtedly ends any chance of a productive discussion since your responses are hostile and frankly offensive.
smoth

Post by smoth »

so toot, you were banned for trolling/raging/racism/(whatever, I don't care) from playing the ZK game, you should not be banned from potentially trolling in all games on this engine on this server?? I think that is a little unreasonable.

Even still I believe you miss the point. This is a general ban on proxy servers, the servers you or others like you would/do use to dodge. Provided you don't troll and control yourself you should not even need to use the proxy.
zerpzerp

Post by zerpzerp »

The accounts they point out were created after they banned me. A ban for 1 week which I served for destroying our entire teams base by self d at the end of a game just before the last unit was killed.

I still have my main account and play regularly. They have gone as far as banning my entire subnet, which has failed. I think they flag everyone from my part of the country, funny stuff. Ultra trolls.

I have had no problems with BA servers or people. Only people from this mod, who were given orders to kick me from games before games started, to message me derogatory things, and act like jerk offs.

All trolls obviously use VPN's.

There are valid points in this thread, but ZK admins have seen it better to attack and troll me.

We need a lobby outside of Licho and his miscreants. They cause nothing but problems, even that guy that threaten to find me and whatever because he was a big bad system admin. I'm always the bad guy. Please. Get a life.

As I said before this discussion is over. Licho is god and nobody will put him in his place because he pays the bills. Absurd.

This is why ZK should be removed from the spring community. So there is no reason for him to act like a wank just because he hosts or doesn't host the server.

It's not like ZK isn't already beyond anything that BA or any other mod achieves.

I am not the only player banned from all games because they don't like my game play.

So whatever Licho, listen to Hitler and feel like a big man on the Internet. Please take your ball and go home.
Last edited by zerpzerp on 06 Nov 2012, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

zerpzerp wrote:We need a lobby outside of Licho and his miscreants.
Lobby server is free and open source... feel free to run your own.
zerpzerp

Post by zerpzerp »

SinbadEV wrote:
zerpzerp wrote:We need a lobby outside of Licho and his miscreants.
Lobby server is free and open source... feel free to run your own.

Yes it is.

So like every other interaction with Licho, it ends with name calling and trolling. Have fun guys, keep pondering why people don't stick around for more than a week or so.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

I'm really flattered that you believe all those people and admins are my "puppets". In fact I wasn't even aware of your bans, nor did I respond to your previous forum threads etc..

It was decision of others not mine, nothing to do with me, sorry. I thought you would get it from my Hitler parody.. but... apparently not..

So please pick another target, I know that universal response of admins might feel like a conspiracy.. but perhaps the reason reaction is always the same is that most people find your actions equally wrong..
smoth

Post by smoth »

zerpzerp wrote:The accounts they point out were created after they banned me. A ban for 1 week which I served for destroying our entire teams base by self d at the end of a game just before the last unit was killed.
Lies. I am an admin as well, I was watching you create tons of smurfs and troll det. Sorry man, don't make it out to be just that.
zerpzerp wrote:There are valid points in this thread, but ZK admins have seen it better to attack and troll me.
such a victim. I saw your little rampage. Feel free to keep crying because I am not buying the tears. You were REALLY out of line.
zerpzerp wrote:We need a lobby outside of Licho and his miscreants. They cause nothing but problems, even that guy that threaten to find me and whatever because he was a big bad system admin. I'm always the bad guy. Please. Get a life.
You are not always the badguy but you are a problematic person, you are being watched because of problematic behaviors. It is all very standard stuff. You are in this thread and at least 1 more villifying them. It stands to reason they would be showing you as the badguy when you called to question what they did pretending to be innocent.
zerpzerp wrote:As I said before this discussion is over. Licho is god and nobody will put him in his place because he pays the bills. Absurd.
no he doesn't. The server is run on donations.
zerpzerp wrote:This is why ZK should be removed from the spring community. So there is no reason for him to act like a wank just because he hosts or doesn't host the server.
so since you are calling people out, do you have any explanation for YOUR past behavior? It would be nice to see you at least own up to it.
zerpzerp wrote:It's not like ZK isn't already beyond anything that BA or any other mod achieves.
Actually it is. The planetwars thing alone sets it well above the other projects. the fact that there is any persistent stats at all is something no other project has done. now in art, it isn't that great but I suppose you can help OR maybe want to pay for an art team?
zerpzerp wrote:I am not the only player banned from all games because they don't like my game play.

So whatever Licho, listen to Hitler and feel like a big man on the Internet. Please take your ball and go home.
So sorry but again, I was watching you the day in question, I watched you create smurfs left and write and you know, you have no ground to stand on and well invoking nazis isn't helping your case.

PS the others are not saying it but we know you are around, you are UNBANNED right now. Honestly all would be forgiven and honestly your little troll tear would be forgotten had you just shut up. Instead you started a smear thread. GOOD JOB, winning lots of enemies.
zerpzerp

Post by zerpzerp »

Licho wrote:

Sorry, I'm only listening to orders too. Whatever Hitler's ghost tells me..
Maybe blame him?
I didn't invoke Nazism, your buddy Licho did. I love your response to this, makes me laugh. Licho talks about listening to Hilter's ghost and I respond and you blame me. Good one.

I am far from 'unbanned', check it before you start blabbering FUD.

You are also misquoting me. I said that Zero-k is beyond anything any other mod has achieved. Please reread my post before you rage. Double negative sweetheart.

I am not hiding behind any of my silly actions.

I asked det nicely to be left alone. He did not oblige and banned me again after I had served my silly end of game base explosion ban.

Always watching, I bet. Please label me the biggest troll in spring history ever on the world, ever. Please stalk me in games, kick, troll, whatever makes you feel like you are doing God's work for the greater good.

This would have all been avoided had whoever started it acted like an actual person instead of thinking they can troll and flamebait me.

There are plenty of these threads not created by me. Don't pretend like there aren't issues.

Again this thread degraded from valid points to nothing but attacks and name calling. Move on dude before you pop a vein and stroke.

I do like playing with the French guys from ACE or whatever it is. Very friendly people.
Last edited by zerpzerp on 06 Nov 2012, 03:14, edited 2 times in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

don't dodge the other shit by arguing one point.
zerpzerp

Post by zerpzerp »

smoth wrote:don't dodge the other shit by arguing one point.
Stop immediately raging and let me respond. This is apparently how you admins deal with issues, good god no wonder there are so many trolls.

Return to “Ingame Community”