Add 2 more factions

Add 2 more factions

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

TotalAnnihilation

Add 2 more factions

Post by TotalAnnihilation »

Hi!

You could add 2 more factions, such as Italy and France.

What do you think?
Godde

Re: Add 2 more factions

Post by Godde »

Italy is being worked on. They have a lineup of powerful guns that make them able to compete with other factions armor and have an experimental tank, P.43 bis, at their disposal. The inclusion of an experimental unit is against the design goals of S44.

What kind of army did France have in 1944? Could they field anything useful in numbers against german armor?
Conte_Vincero

Post by Conte_Vincero »

France had some interesting options, Its light tanks were very heaviliy armored, which would create a team with an advantage at the start of the game, and then they had some heavier tanks such as the ARL 44 which it produced after it was liberated, although these may count as experimental
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

You can build a Maginot Line.. and a Rommelbahn
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

IDPTGB:
It would seem to me that many of the allies weren't much on their own... so if you add a faction like France or Canada you would have a partial team with a few exceptional abilities... so they would be very difficult to play on their own but would be a valuable option for one player in team vs team games or used like bonus units available during campaign missions.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

How about adding a assymetric guillero force like the resistance? It starts out with civilians doing minor sabotage- and if one of the players hits against a village, it gains ressources...
yuritch
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by yuritch »

Something like that was the original idea for Finland.

Also there is the zombies mutator, which can be said to be similar to this.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

yuritch wrote:Something like that was the original idea for Finland.

Also there is the zombies mutator, which can be said to be similar to this.
Jesus plagiarism of the worst kind. He inventend it.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

As far as I know, no work has been done on Italy or Finland this year, nor has very much been done on Zombies. With very little texturing experience, texturing Italy and Finland alone proved a daunting task for me, and a decline in play led to a decline in development activity on my part.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Neddie wrote:a decline in development activity on my part.
bullshit and convenient excuse.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

smoth wrote:
Neddie wrote:a decline in development activity on my part.
bullshit and convenient excuse.
Not an excuse, an explanation. As I played less, my desire to do other things around it declined. I didn't say it justified it, I feel guilty about it but guilt isn't going to bring me back to work on it.

You're not in a position to tell me what I did or did not feel, and thus why I did or did not act.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I don't give a crap what you say you "felt" it is bullshit. You and I both know that you have been busy with your professional life. WHICH IMO if you are going to use an excuse is a damn good one. You were getting better with texturing, I would have continued to help you and you could have gotten good at it. It is a useless skill outside of here, sure but you could have and that bothers me but not so much when I realized it was because you were taking care of IRL.

The other reasons you gave are flimsy and make you sound like a much weaker person. Saying something like it was "a daunting task" come on, you know you can do this. I call bullshit, texturing is time consuming, it sometimes takes me weeks of tweaks here and there to get a texture right. So yeah, bullshit, it is just time consuming and requires a lot of effort. Time that you with your career and moves over the past few years have not had. Which is reasonable! But it was daunting and your lack of play prevented it? BULL SHIT. Your lack of play was a direct result of the IRL stuff you were/are knocking out and that same lack of play due to no time is because you were taking care of shit. So yeah, I call bullshit, you are a bigger person than simply giving up due to lack of motivation.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Weirdly aggressive backhanded compliments abound. :shock:
smoth

Post by smoth »

No, I just don't like how needie is coming off as weak willed. It pisses me off how whiney it sounds, I chat with him outside of spring and know he has been busy for a while with IRL.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

We need Ghurkas!
smoth

Post by smoth »

PicassoCT wrote:We need Ghurkas!

Return to “Spring: 1944”