Planetary Annihilation (Incoming Moon Drops!) - Page 6

Planetary Annihilation (Incoming Moon Drops!)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Re: Planetory Annihilation (Incoming Moon Drops!)

Post by knorke »

It probably won't cost 200 000$ to develop water units, they need it for polishing the whole thing
I think that it works like this too. Still seems sketchy..
What are some kickstarter (video game) projects that worked out?
I mean large ones, like this.
On http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/successful#p1 the highest ones seems to be ~10.000$ and most are around 1k to publish some music album.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

knorke wrote:
It probably won't cost 200 000$ to develop water units, they need it for polishing the whole thing
I think that it works like this too. Still seems sketchy..
What are some kickstarter (video game) projects that worked out?
I mean large ones, like this.
On http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/successful#p1 the highest ones seems to be ~10.000$ and most are around 1k to publish some music album.
Wasteland 2 made 2.5 mill without any concept art or anything ingame.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Yes, but Wasteland 2 release date seems to be Oct 2013.
I mean completed projects.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

BaNa wrote:It depends on the strech goals as well, if goal #3 and 4 are that awesome (Im pretty sure one of them will be a campaign and another will be a planetwars-type metagame), then they should create a lot of incentive among normal backers to contribute more money.
Bingo!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659 ... sts/303555

Another 500k to go though and just a week left. I'm a bit skeptical about this one.
Rumpelstiltskin

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Galactic warfare....
Cant really say I'm not excited about this..
This sort of dwarfs local UI considerations and has the potential to refocus the gameplay completely.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Das Bruce wrote:Kicktraq says: Outlook doubtful.
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/659943 ... -exp-trend
Expect a last-minute big boost though, which is hard to predict purely on current trends.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Johannes wrote:Expect a last-minute big boost though, which is hard to predict purely on current trends.
Does this usually happen? I'd like to see a normalised graph of funding trends.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Das Bruce wrote:
Johannes wrote:Expect a last-minute big boost though, which is hard to predict purely on current trends.
It happened with DFA... because the charges are made at the moment of funding people don't like to have that kind of things too far in advance... who knows if I'll have $15 in 20 days... but I know I'll have it tommorow.

Also, they are taking donations over paypal, these will be added to the pool post close and applied to stretch goals.
Rumpelstiltskin

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Stretch goal #5, customizable spaceships and space warfare?
=
Revolutionize 4x genre?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

they might as well add a link to sins
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Das Bruce wrote:
Looked through a few projects on KickTraq, there's always a bit of a raise over the usual day near the end but how significant it is, varies by a ton.

I usually order and buy things at the last minute, anyway.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

The other factor is that the stretch goals tend to add to the value... early backers are backing the basic project, last minute backers are backing the project after it's been expanded to include a number of stretch goals... for example the "Reaper Miniatures Bones: An Evolution Of Gaming Miniatures" added loot to one of the levels at each new stretch goal so early backers were backing for 30 minis while last minute backers were backing on the guarantee of 200+

Not to mention that things naturally tend to gain more attention as time goes on.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

And what is here :lol:

http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewto ... 61&t=34222

Isnt it strange? Maybe im not such "hacker" or "pirate" in my heart or mind, but for me it is strange that someone gives to other people the some of the best features why Spring games are better RTSs then commercial ones.
Last edited by PepeAmpere on 09 Sep 2012, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Stretch goal added + 2 Mil
"Become better Zero-K"

GoogleBombed
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

PepeAmpere wrote:And what is here :lol:

Isnt it strange? Maybe im not such "hacker" or "pirate" in my heart or mind, but for me it is strange that someone gives to other people the some of the best features why Spring games are better RTSs then commercial ones.
I don't see anything weird in sharing ideas. Mostly it boils down to how you perceive the competition between different games, if you see other games as threats to your own games success or as something you might enjoy even yourself.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Johannes wrote:
PepeAmpere wrote:And what is here :lol:

I don't see anything weird in sharing ideas. Mostly it boils down to how you perceive the competition between different games, if you see other games as threats to your own games success or as something you might enjoy even yourself.
If you are making a game for free and fun then it would seem logical that you are doing so, to a certain extent, because you want to play that game... as such, suggesting features you love about your own game to the developers of a game you think you would enjoy playing makes sense.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

How are those ideas from "Zero-K" if most of the widgets came before Zero-K and Complete Annihilation, and other features are built into Spring? The engine which is not mentioned by GoogleFrog almost as if Zero-K can run without it! :?

Most Lua developers should have licensed their widgets under CC-Atr... :x

BTW the chances of Galactic Wars seems slim with current trend, but the Uber team have not announced how much they collected through Paypal, which will also count towards stretch goals.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Pendrokar wrote:How are those ideas from "Zero-K" if most of the widgets came before Zero-K and Complete Annihilation, and other features are built into Spring? The engine which is not mentioned by GoogleFrog almost as if Zero-K can run without it! :?

Most Lua developers should have licensed their widgets under CC-Atr... :x
He was presenting features that were in Zero-K, he needn't have specified if the were engine or widget based of if they were borrowed from somewhere else... attribution doesn't usually apply to the ideas and screenshots, just the actual code/art... (slim overlap if the art is in the screenshots I suppose but typically that falls under fair use so again, no need for attribution). I think the way he did it was for clarity... we're always saying that Spring is nothing without the games and that talking about Spring features just confuses people because it makes people think Spring is a game.
Pendrokar wrote:BTW the chances of Galactic Wars seems slim with current trend, but the Uber team have not announced how much they collected through Paypal, which will also count towards stretch goals.
Probably right but, if there is going to a a big push near the end, this is when it would happen.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Pendrokar wrote: Most Lua developers should have licensed their widgets under CC-Atr... :x
I believe the opposite we should pd as much as we can and just hope people remember. The real point of doing anything here is that you see the element you wanted in a game. E-peen has little to do with the end result. There is a record, there are posts of all that we do here. Even within that context most of my stuff is years old, so old that it is naturally in many projects or maps, or, most importantly, it isn't and that is because it is dated crap

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”