Spring 89.0! - Page 3

Spring 89.0!

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Anarchid

Re: Spring 89.0!

Post by Anarchid »

My last bit of concern is the ubuntu ppa maintainer. If he would have kept 88.0 in there, and just uploaded a new 89.0 i could have specified the old version to be installed and uninstalled via package management. However 88 was replaced with 89, but for some reason there still was the possibility to get 85? Is this because 85 is from ubuntu ppa and 89 is from spring ppa? Or can there be multiple versions of the same package available in a single ppa?
I second this sentiment, was somewhat surprised at inability to force-version back to 88.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

It's simply not possible with the way spring packing is setup atm. One of you guys would need to take a hint from for example the kernel image debs and change spring packaging accordingly.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

- fix unfinished units with 100% hp can't be finished
Is this really fixed? During a testgame yesterday it was a frequent problem that constructors (including Commander) get stuck wanting to build something that's already built.

It was noticed in XTA but I guess it applies to any game or mod.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

zerver wrote:You are welcome.

AFAIK 90.0 is the release that will go live.
Is is it planned soon? Days? Weeks? I need to know, pls, becouse some bugs need to be fixed on side of spring (yours) or pseudofixed on game developer side (mine) unless our game has strongly changed gameplay and our PR campaing have to stop becouse announcing broken game now. Especially hitspheres problem in our case needs at least some reaction from some spring creator... or give us some roadmap to next version of spring.

Thx.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

zerver was wrong, 89 went live. No news yet on the fixes in post_release branch being delivered.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Can we at least remove Shard before it goes live? Shard is broken completely at the moment, I insist it be removed, could somebody make clear the process i need to follow to make sure it happens and who I need to talk to?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

AF wrote:Can we at least remove Shard before it goes live? Shard is broken completely at the moment, I insist it be removed, could somebody make clear the process i need to follow to make sure it happens and who I need to talk to?
Too late?

Hoijui, jk, abma, maybe Tobi - in that order afaik
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Who is this maybe, and since when is he dev?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

AF wrote:Can we at least remove Shard before it goes live? Shard is broken completely at the moment, I insist it be removed, could somebody make clear the process i need to follow to make sure it happens and who I need to talk to?
imo this gives the motivation to fix it... removing/fixing/readding is much more work.
gajop

Post by gajop »

PicassoCT wrote:Who is this maybe, and since when is he dev?
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell/Hi ... ries/Maybe
A maybe Tobi is either nothing or just tobi. Just remember to check before talking to him.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

abma wrote:
imo this gives the motivation to fix it... removing/fixing/readding is much more work.

How do I do this? Keeping in mind my permission that it be included to begin with was on the premise this bug was fixed, and that my biggest fear was the very thing that has happened
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

btw the new/=older pathfinding behavior i like, thats + of this engine version
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

PepeAmpere wrote:btw the new/=older pathfinding behavior i like, thats + of this engine version
ok. im not so happy now, some things i dislike :)
- more in special posts

Bouncing, pushing, no pathing - http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28451
Underwater units problem - http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28453
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

abma wrote:
May I also point out that the more productive means of spending that time and motivation is in debugging and fixing the original bug, which still leaves me with everybody having an utterly broken copy of Shard and potentially months ( maybe even a year as history has proven ) wait before the broken copy is removed or updated.

I:
  • Don't have the rights to post in this forum and on the frontpage declaring a v89a/89.1 etc
  • Don't know the process of rebuilding the installer
  • Don't know who is responsible for pushing out the installer once rebuilt
  • Cannot find any details or documentation explaining how I would do those things or find out
  • Find any 'process' of how a release should work, save for the correct versioning system
  • Have the ability to tag a new version on the github repo ( as far as I'm aware )
  • Know how to tell the build system to ignore Shard again

What I do know is that I was persuaded to let other people do this, and I made it clear that it was only to be done if Shard worked, and it was up to them to do the inclusion if they wanted it.

Shard doesn't work though, and I'm expected to clean up other peoples mess. I'm happy to say there's a bug in my code, and I'd like the bug squished as much s anybody. I'm not asking for a remove, fix, re-add, all I want is the removal. If in the future a fix is found you can put it in v90, just remember it wasn't me who approached you to put Shard in the installer, it was you who approached me.

As the person who persuaded me and promised things had changed I am holding you responsible Abma. Fix this mess, and remove my code else I'll have to rebrand Shard as 'AbmaSucks AI' to fix Shards reputation being dragged through the mud.

You should have the motivation to do it yourself is not an answer, it's an ignorant excuse.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

For reference:

http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=3215

All one needs to do is add a Shard into their game and the engine freezes in an infinite loop
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

AF wrote:else I'll have to rebrand Shard as 'AbmaSucks AI' to fix Shards reputation being dragged through the mud.
I hope the irony of the requirements for this potential douchebaggery to come to pass is not lost on you.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

koshi wrote:
AF wrote:else I'll have to rebrand Shard as 'AbmaSucks AI' to fix Shards reputation being dragged through the mud.
I hope the irony of the requirements for this potential douchebaggery to come to pass is not lost on you.
lmao, not an issue if it isnt in the installer
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

BA 7.68
When ship dies during move, it's wreckage moves too fast and too far from the place where ship was destroyed.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

jamerlan wrote:BA 7.68
When ship dies during move, it's wreckage moves too fast and too far from the place where ship was destroyed.
Same goes for hovers. Reported it here:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=28413

Called 'fix ship wreckage drag (3182)' on github. Don't know if this includes hovers.
https://github.com/spring/spring/commit ... 81750124d5
albator

Post by albator »

Can we go back to 0.88 ? 89 is unsynch with MT

I mean can I play with 0.88 MT while other use 89 ?

Return to “News”