Screen scroll speed is very slow

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

When I installed spring on my new pc, my ingame screen scrolling speed went slow. I don't mean the zoom, but the screen moving speed when having mouse on the edge of the screen. It takes ages to move the screen from, for instance, front units to base. I have to zoom out from the front and zoom back in in the base.

In spring settings I assume it's the "scroll speeds" -section that affects this. I've maxxed all of those up to 100, and I barely see the difference to lower values. I'm not even sure if the speed changes at all.

Keeping shift pressed, the speed is almost there... it could be a bit faster with that also. Also, Ctrl is working as it should; it isn't stuck. Although it is very useless in my situation.

Could anyone help me with this issue? Yes, I could use the shift or mouse middle button or keep zooming in and out every time I want to move my screen, but I'd really like to scroll the screen as I always used to.

Thanks
Beherith

Re: Screen scroll speed is very slow

Post by Beherith »

You can increase them further than 100 by editing your springsettings.cfg
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

The default camera "Smooth" is not available via springsettings. You need to edit springsettings.cfg to increase its scroll speed.
[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

Where is this springsettings.cfg located? I did not find it.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

[Fx]Esorp wrote:Where is this springsettings.cfg located? I did not find it.
http://springrts.com/wiki/Springrc
[Fx]Esorp

Post by [Fx]Esorp »

Thanks! I found the file and found out its "SmoothScrollSpeed = ..." I had to add there. The whole thing was missing from there.

It was quite a work for such a little thing. Why not add a slider for the original camera speed in the spring settings?

Return to “Help & Bugs”