Bridge?

Bridge?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Bridge?

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Zwzsg's post reminded me of something I meant to ask before the incident of which we shall not speak. Does his bridge work in spring?
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

mmm...reminds me of the old Earth 2150 so many possiblitility but such crap grapics...:( this will b completely different tho :)
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

E2150's graphics wern't that bad, it was the gameplay that sucked.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

For what it was Earth 2150 was quite good, it just, wasn't as fun as TA. I think TA is probablie the most fun iv'e ever had in a game of its type, and probablie the most fun in any game full stop...

How did someone make a bridge? was it one taht botes could go under aswell as units over?

aGorm
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

Yeah Zwzsg made it.
More info here : http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthr ... genumber=1
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I got that, while a revolutionary step in TA it is unusual. First I had no maps to use it on cus all the waterways where too wide, and then the AI kept building hudnreds fo the things, even on all ground maps, lava alley with hundreds of bridges strewn across it
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

There being no player AI in spring that shouldn't be a problem.
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

There are other units with, lets just say "unique", scripts that I would like to see tested in spring as well, such as the alien fake dots unit. Stability (at least compared to in OTA), resource drain, etc.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Yah but we might be getting a skirmish AI eventually once the SY's give us the necessary interface
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Are we likely to see actual map-based bridges in Spring, obsoleting zwzsg's bridges? Or is that what Zwzsg asked?

For me, the prerequisites for any such map-bridge would have to be: wide enough to avoid any major pathfinding issues, able to allow units underneath and able for units to consider the path when planning routes. The bridge as being destroyable and rebuildable is a bonus, but not really a necessity...
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Map based bridges would be nice, but I don't think they would make Zwzsg's obsolete. A map based bridge is likely to have guards near (or on it, able to build on them might be nice) it, so a custom deployed mobile bridge would still find use. Especially on maps with lots of rivers.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If collision detection in spring was box based and not radius based then we could make many different kinds of bridges, ranging from features to hovercraft (as above) or ships or even just hovering aircraft. Perhaps we could build on aircraft if we made special ones that where large & flat enough

Return to “General Discussion”