OMP Binaries

OMP Binaries

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Mav

OMP Binaries

Post by Mav »

Is there anywhere to get these? I've got no experience in compiling programs outside of "Hello World" and similar programs. I've spent the past two hours downloading Git Bash, mingw, cmake, various libraries and the source, and now I can't get it to build. As much as I'd love to figure things out on my own, I'm growing frustrated.

Any chance us noobs could get an OMP binary?
Mav

Re: OMP Binaries

Post by Mav »

Well, I've got it compiling, but at 12% I get the following error:
Attachments
compile error.PNG
(15.25 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

two alternatives:
1. install git
2. remove the .git dir, and add a text file called VERSION in the root dir of the engine source, and put the version string in there (for example, 88.0).

how did you get the engine sources? downloaded an archive file through github? that is the least supported way (you found out why).

(next time, please also add the text version of the output)
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

What is OMP?
Mav

Post by Mav »

Well, maybe the Compile/Getting source wikis need to be updated then.

The source/comiling pages say over and over and over again to use Git to get the source, but then they only provide links to this page. Seriously, where on the Obtaining the Source does it give the git command to download a stable version of spring source? What about Building ON Windows?

In both cases, the only place where a git command is used is under the
"Development Sources from Git
(Bleeding-edge, unstable code for development and testing)"
section. It gives no information about where to get stable releases.

So for the record, I did use git to pull source code, I'm just not sure if I downloaded the right version of the code considering that the only links listed anywhere are for dev builds.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Beherith wrote:What is OMP?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oomph
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Beherith wrote:What is OMP?
http://openmp.org/
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Mav wrote:The source/comiling pages say over and over and over again to use Git to get the source, but then they only provide links to this page. Seriously, where on the Obtaining the Source does it give the git command to download a stable version of spring source? What about Building ON Windows?
better?
Mav

Post by Mav »

Thanks so much! I'll try out the new instructions when I get home. If I can do it, any noob can :-)
Mav

Post by Mav »

Well, I got it to build OK. I played around on some maps with no problem, but I can't get NOTA Lobby to recognize it as Spring :?

So I haven't been able to test Sync online.
Mav

Post by Mav »

First, thanks for all the help I've been given so far! I've really learned a lot in this process.

Ok, I finally got everything to run OK. It was being recognized as a different version of spring because (I think) there was a space in my version string. I redid the VERSION file and it plays online fine now.

So for the last bit of help I think I need:

The executable is huge. I read on the mingw site that this is probably due to debugging information. Any way to disable that?

When I compile with the cmd

Code: Select all

mingw32-make install-spring
it installs to my C:/Program Files (x86) directory. I've got a small SSD system drive so I typically install on my a larger standard hard drive. Is there a way to specify install directory?

Thanks again!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Code: Select all

strip spring.exe
Mav

Post by Mav »

Thanks for the quick reply, FLOZi. Where and when do I use this command? Also, I still need to know if there's a way to install to a different directory.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

see CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

or if you are on ntfs you can create a symbolic link to a different directory...

strip.exe should be next to gcc/g++.exe. (this removes debugging information, but better keep it if possible...)

Return to “Engine”