Expand And Exterminate Mod - Page 2

Expand And Exterminate Mod

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Senna

Re: Expand And Exterminate Mod

Post by Senna »

smoth

Post by smoth »

EE was INSPIRED BY earth2150
it is not an EARTH2150 remake.
Senna

Post by Senna »

smoth wrote:EE was INSPIRED BY earth2150
He tryed to make it a remake, but he dont had enought support back on the day!, u think he would leave like he did?
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Senna wrote: He tryed to make it a remake, but he dont had enought support back on the day!, u think he would leave like he did?
Uhm Senna he is inspired from 2160/2150 but din't had the aim to make it a full recreate just a game that is more or less similar to it
smoth

Post by smoth »

Senna wrote:
smoth wrote:EE was INSPIRED BY earth2150
He tryed to make it a remake, but he dont had enought support back on the day!, u think he would leave like he did?
He was not trying to remake it but something inspired by it. Feel free to tell me I am wrong. I spent years helping him with it, testing it with him and talking to him about it. So as far as I am concerned, you don't know a damn thing about what fang wanted. You are showing are not the person he would want to continue EE.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Cultivate your own garden instead of trying to steal the apple from someone elses.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Even in the time I've been here, this has happened before, and Fang even popped back up and very clearly stated no one was to ever touch EE.

Almost like we need to lock EE in a vault somewhere and throw away the key :wink:
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Well, I have now realized why EE went so horribly wrong back in the day. EE was constantly plagued by balance issues and I have after a long meditation come to understand exactly what the issue was. You see mortars are not in fact artillery. Given this pointed fact you can see how the entire early game was just plain unbalanced as all get out.

On a more serious note, Alkoxymercuration>>> spring, and Smoth has stated it correctly, I was not trying to recreate earth 2140-50-60 in spring. I was heavily inspired by the art direction and side selection which I found extremely good. As far as gamestyle what I was eventually shooting for can be more completely understood by playing the recently released game Wargames: European Escalation. Combine that game with aspects of the Ground Control series and that is where I was taking EE. At the current time I was attempting to do this in spring I met nothing but heavy resistance to this idea and lacked the coding skill to implement it myself. I also seriously doubt at the time it was even doable. As it currently stands I no longer have the time nor the interest to attempt to fix this project. Spring has changed so much since I last modded it that I no longer have the skill set I would need, nor do I even know where things stand. I would essentially have to start from scratch in an environment that would require even more knowledge and self learning than when I initially started. Doing all this by myself while going to school is just not in the realm of feasible. On top of this I have a rather jaded cynical view of this community which also prohibits my interest.

With that out of the way (TLDR I dont feel liking trying cause Im lazy) I have to say this dont touch my stuff. First off if you were going to you would need to do a stupid amount of work to bring it up to just working speed. Two you would need to remodel everything into an S3o or whatever is in use that is UV mapped. You would need to finish the NI side (LOL) and thats just before you even begin to try and muck about with the mod. I cannot believe for an instant anyone wants to do that, I dont even want to do that. Given that you would basically have to remodel all the damn units why dont you just make your own damn models and art files and stop trying to take my questionable content (lame webcomic) and update it.

I cannot authorize you to muck about with my stuff, trust me its for your own good. You will kill yourself trying to resurrect this mod. Also you would be taking it in a direction that is not what I wanted, and in the name of artistic integrity (fuck bioware) I cannot condone that at all. I strongly suggest run with your own material. EE is cursed, and if you do pull it from its horrible unkept crypt within minutes dipshits will come out of the wood work to complain about model sameness the lack of proper sizing and how mortars are not artillery. So inconclusion MAKE YOUR OWN CRAP GOD DAMN IT..
smoth

Post by smoth »

sup fang, sent you a pm

also been playing dungeon defenders all by my lonesome :(
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

That may become my new steam avatar...

Then I can alarm more people who play Wargame European Escalation..
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

So.. I was gonna make a post for Fang but he kinda handled that so...

BUY WARGAME: EUROPEAN ESCALATION.
PLAY WARGAME: EUROPEAN ESCALATION.
pUSH WARGAME: EUROPEAN ESCALATION.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Make a new mod, call it something different, don't use fangs stuff.

And buy me a copy of W:EE.

Return to “Game Development”