Complaint against admin MiNiMi

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

vis

Post by vis »

Hello,
I was just insulted, kicked and then permanently banned by MiNiMi without any particular reason. We were playing a DSD game on the [TERA]DSDHost1. Sorry, but this is unacceptable. I don't know who is this kid and I don't know who gave him admin privileges, but I always thought that such situations don't happen in the Spring community.

As a proof, I am attaching the replay, so you can judge by yourself. I definitely wasn't the worst player (just look at the guy below me) and I really did my best. In fact, EVEN if I was a total newbie - does a first-come kid have the right to ban me?!

Look at 08:00 - 09:00 (or something around), I was the one who shared the E when he asked for it...

Really disappointed.
Attachments
20120402_203306_DeltaSiegeDry_88.sdf
the replay
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
smoth

Re: Complaint against admin MiNiMi

Post by smoth »

Join a different server, problem solved.

You feel an injustice has happened. It is your word vs the server..

but I have proof..

of one game..

you are not the first or the last.

These threads come off as smear attempts on the host's name.

Best way to flip the host off is to join a different one. These hosts run on EGO, if people stop joining, they will stop feeling like big shots. Join another host and continue your gaming life.
vis

Post by vis »

Of course, I could join other server (actually there is only 1 other joinable for BA so my choice is limited), create new account, change my IP etc., etc.

But that's really not the reason I posted this...
smoth

Post by smoth »

There are more than 2 BA autohosts.

What is your reason
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I agree that the wrong people get op and the right people don't get op a lot of the time on some of the BA autohosts. However, it's totally up to the Autohost owners to decide and there's nothing anybody else can do about it.

If MiNiMi wanted, he could ban every player from that DSD host and he wouldn't get punished for it in any way by an actual moderator because it's the autohost's own moronic decision to make MiNiMi or whoever op on their autohost in the first place.
vis

Post by vis »

Smoth, I want to see community outrage, I want people like me who play this game for years to say: "we do not tolerate such behavior, we condemn it." "We want to remain friendly and open community, where respect for the player is just as important as the enjoyment of the game."

Exaggerated, of course, but I hope you get my point :wink:
With 0 people.

Waiting for others to respond. :wink:

edit: Jazcash, I understand, you're right.
smoth

Post by smoth »

vis wrote:Smoth, I want to see community outrage, I want people like me who play this game for years to say: "we do not tolerate such behavior, we condemn it." "We want to remain friendly and open community, where respect for the player is just as important as the enjoyment of the game."

Exaggerated, of course, but I hope you get my point :wink:
smoth wrote: you are not the first or the last.

These threads come off as smear attempts on the host's name.
So then people just see you as drama, you don't want that label.

You cannot expect people to rally behind you. you don't have the social clout here to do that. So instead you are just some random no-name. You'll have a hard time doing this as you want.
vis wrote:
With 0 people.
So you don't join them, and they continue to have 0 players.

*edit fixed quote blocks*
Last edited by smoth on 02 Apr 2012, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
MiNiMi

Post by MiNiMi »

Cry Baby, Cry :)

I'm not here to justify myself. I just wanna say i didn't ban anybody for a year (banning is not my specialty) and if I meet an arrogant and self-satisfied player, like you, i will ban him again and again. and nobody can do anything. deal with it :D

Single Player Mode is the better Option for you. That's what you do, all the time. or change your host, like smooth said.
I agree that the wrong people get op and the right people don't get op a lot of the time on some of the BA autohosts.
the right op for you is the wrong op for others. He/She will never be the "right op" for all
Last edited by MiNiMi on 02 Apr 2012, 22:42, edited 3 times in total.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

VIS, play NOTA !!!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

MiNiMi wrote: the right op for you is the wrong op for others. He/She will never be the "right op" for all
Let's just say there are some people that everybody can agree should never be op anywhere.
smoth

Post by smoth »

apparently the owner of the host does not agree. Would I want someone like minime? No, but I am not the host owner. If I was, it wouldn't be BA anyway :).

I was not trying to be hard on you vis but we have threads like this complaining about the autohosts. And players like you refuse to move from the autohost. IF you don't like the way it is run, you cannot browbeat the owner into changing moderators. You cannot do anything BUT move to another host.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Well, I think it is true when I say most people here do not appreciate that newbies get banned by jerks for playing bad (Smoth, this is not related to BA at all). The habitants of DSD are also not considered as cool people around here cause they are known to behave badly.
The bad thing is there is nothing we can do about it besides giving you the advice to just join another host. And trust me, when you get banned at a DSDHost nothing of worth is lost.
smoth

Post by smoth »

very_bad_soldier wrote:(Smoth, this is not related to BA at all)
sensitive much?
I am not the host owner. If I was, it wouldn't be BA anyway :).
HMM, what would smoth run an autohost of?
knorke

Post by knorke »

moved to BA forum.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

very_bad_soldier wrote:And trust me, when you get banned at a DSDHost nothing of worth is lost.
+1
MiNiMi

Post by MiNiMi »

very_bad_soldier wrote:Well, I think it is true when I say most people here do not appreciate that newbies get banned by jerks for playing bad (Smoth, this is not related to BA at all). The habitants of DSD are also not considered as cool people around here cause they are known to behave badly....
No "jerks" banned newbies for playing bad. Maybe you should check the Smurflist.

It's always the same story, it's cool to say "fuck the police" but nobody think about the aftermath.

have fun ... :mrgreen:
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Well, around here every retard is allowed to run an autohost so there'll be no moderator action on them.

But then, it's not a bad thing to tell about it if some host is especially shitty, that's valuable information for others. So I don't see the point of coming to this thread and trying to shut vis up even if it won't be the first or last time shit happens.

Ps. Fuck the police
smoth

Post by smoth »

Johannes wrote: But then, it's not a bad thing to tell about it if some host is especially shitty, that's valuable information for others. So I don't see the point of coming to this thread and trying to shut vis up even if it won't be the first or last time shit happens.
then maybe the gamelobby forum needs a subforum for all the autohost drama?

Maybe the complaint post should be something like:
Complaint against (AuthostName) moderator (ModeratorName)

Then that subforum could be a place for people to read and make their own decisions?
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Jazcash wrote:
very_bad_soldier wrote:And trust me, when you get banned at a DSDHost nothing of worth is lost.
+1
+11
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

vis wrote:Smoth, I want to see community outrage, I want people like me who play this game for years to say: "we do not tolerate such behavior, we condemn it." "We want to remain friendly and open community, where respect for the player is just as important as the enjoyment of the game."
Community at large have already condemned such inappropriate behaviour. Unfortunately, most of those people, like me, have already either left BA or changed to something else like ZK. So, you kinda came to wrong place to campaign, as most of people here aint playing BA DSD. All you get here is sympathy: 'We feel sorry for you, but there's nothing we can do.'

This is a sort of tautology but the problem you have there, is what I call a DSD tyranny. It means there are no choice, but to choose from bad and worse. Since BA community has shrink so small because of DSD, there are only couple active small DSD-only autohosts left. These autohost can act like tyrants, since they have so much power.

You can campaign against the tyrants by setting up your own games on other autohost by gathering people and trying to lure them in. But I have to say, it's a rocky road. Been there done that. Got fed up.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”