All the good players?

All the good players?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

LulzTyphon

All the good players?

Post by LulzTyphon »

I haven't been on spring for quite a while but it seems a very strange thing has happened to BA lul

literally every good or even semi-decent player has stopped playing now

I came back to check things out because I was intrigued by the latest tournament: http://challonge.com/ba2v2tournament

which as you can see is full of randoms and not 1 known decent name

So I went ingame and spoke to this 'dude' guy, who is [FLM]Zorro ingame. According to him; xanax, pizdo and tebe are the best 1v1 players going at the moment :P

of all the teh, PiRO, tN, PinK, Fx, even Mars; every decent player left . How did this happen lol, my guess is people eventually got sick of constant 8v8 dsd, especially when it turned into dsd-revolutions lol
Jazcash

Re: All the good players?

Post by Jazcash »

Either that or they started playing ZK, probably.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Jazcash wrote:Either that or they started playing ZK, probably.
They aren't over here.

SC2 maybe?
daftalx

Post by daftalx »

i guess some ppl grow old, get kids/serious, you know, the usual.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

daftalx wrote:i guess some ppl grow old, get kids/serious, you know, the usual.
The good players didn't do that. A lot went to LoL.
Stef

Post by Stef »

Lol ? Are you kidding ? That game is the totally opposing to TA when it comes to strategy, i cannot see a good TA player play to LOL :D
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

I haven't been on spring for quite a while but it seems a very strange thing has happened to BA lul

literally every good or even semi-decent player has stopped playing now

I came back to check things out because I was intrigued by the latest tournament: http://challonge.com/ba2v2tournament

which as you can see is full of randoms and not 1 known decent name
I am sorry to disappoint you but we can still have fun :D
So I went ingame and spoke to this 'dude' guy, who is [FLM]Zorro ingame. According to him; xanax, pizdo and tebe are the best 1v1 players going at the moment
I didn't say they are the best 1v1 players, and it was just some examples, the exact phrase was:
- its like every semi-decent player in the game has left lol
- there are still some good players, tebe, xanax, pizdo...
I cant compare to 5 five years ago, maybe you are right.
of all the teh, PiRO, tN, PinK, Fx, even Mars; every decent player left . How did this happen lol, my guess is people eventually got sick of constant 8v8 dsd, especially when it turned into dsd-revolutions lol
I agree and think that dsd doesn't help to keep players, but it seems that this is an old discussion with no solution :(

[Fx]Drone, just come back to give some lessons on how to play BA ;)
You could teach players so BA would have good players as in your "gold age".
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

marciolino wrote: I agree and think that dsd doesn't help to keep players, but it seems that this is an old discussion with no solution :(
Hoooo, hold it there. There is a solution, which I provided long ago: Stop playing BADSD8V8. Just do it. Don't play the games, don't spec the games and don't go into that host when it accidentally has a different map on (because it will go back to DSD16v16 soon enough).
Senna

Post by Senna »

klapmongool wrote:
daftalx wrote:i guess some ppl grow old, get kids/serious, you know, the usual.
The good players didn't do that. A lot went to LoL.
I belive people went to LoL, the first because its All Earth2150 went to LoL game too....
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

klapmongool wrote:Hoooo, hold it there. There is a solution, which I provided long ago: Stop playing BADSD8V8. Just do it. Don't play the games, don't spec the games and don't go into that host when it accidentally has a different map on (because it will go back to DSD16v16 soon enough).
Yeah klap I am not playing that, but the server is still running and new players still get stucked there. Imho it is a "Group Phenomenon" and it wont change without autohost moderation.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Just because you don't know theire names doesn't mean those listed bad or mediocre. But yeah the level of competition has still waned from what it was some time ago... Still I can get good competition whenever I pop in to play once in a month or 2 and that's what matters, not necessarily the objective skill involved.

I won't speak for anyone else but me, some ppl are working hard, some play other games, me I hardly play anything now - but would play more if the engine/BA didn't constantly have new and old glitches that annoy me. How's the new engine version?
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

A lot of them were social players who liked to 1v1 with ppl on similar level or be able to stack 3v3 and find some challenging opponents. Today if older players that were not even considered good back then stack, everyone else screams imba.

Of course there is still the occasional game with only old players. And btw that tourney was broken because the rules allowed late teams to be walked over. This is why the last few games had unknowns who would not had gotten so far normally.

Start having regular 1v1 tournaments and I'm sure lurkers will come out..
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

The good thing is: Currently newbies can enjoy their games without getting harassed by others all the time. I guess thats how you learn the game best while still having fun while doing so.
Cheesecan wrote: Start having regular 1v1 tournaments and I'm sure lurkers will come out..
Maybe organise one? But better wait for an engine fix. Currently you spend too much of your micro time to herd your builders to do what they are supposed to do.
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

very_bad_soldier wrote: Maybe organise one? But better wait for an engine fix. Currently you spend too much of your micro time to herd your builders to do what they are supposed to do.
Indeed, I was thinking in organizing a 1v1 tourney but it would be better wait for an engine fix :roll:
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

very_bad_soldier wrote:The good thing is: Currently newbies can enjoy their games without getting harassed by others all the time. I guess thats how you learn the game best while still having fun while doing so.
Cheesecan wrote: Start having regular 1v1 tournaments and I'm sure lurkers will come out..
Maybe organise one? But better wait for an engine fix. Currently you spend too much of your micro time to herd your builders to do what they are supposed to do.
I've never been much of an organizer. But imagine how easy it would be if organizing a tourney was just one click away in the lobby. Any user could host a tourney and results could be reported automatically instead of using websites and shouting back and forth in channels trying to figure out how to proceed.

My excuse for not being more than a decent player despite all these years is that I am too impulsive, whereas good players are sly. I have a high APM(~150s in SC2) but all that goes to waste if you can't anticipate what a good opponent will do.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Every now and then I feel like coming on just to see how things are doing. It's always too much effort getting stuff to work every time though. Every lobby or engine update gives me some new kind of problem and eventually I just give up.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Nothing a windows reinstall couldn't fix..
LulzTyphon

Post by LulzTyphon »

lolzorex2 wrote:3) BA never restricted the number of players per game.
8v8 DSD ruined the game.All know about it most agree and still the devs or dev(are there even any devs left?) cater to the DSD zombies..
Yes this is something that always annoyed me, devs would argue that people just play what they want but what they don't realize is that "people" = retarded noobs who NEED moderation

They just play the same 8v8 dsd because it's all they know and it's what they're comfortable with-- but they need to be forced out of their comfort zone, forced to play games of different sizes (the smaller a game is, the higher the dependency on individual players) which is what noobs are afraid of, everyone knows smaller games are more skilful. Players who play 2v2,3v3,4v4 more regularly will learn to be good at this game at a MUCH faster rate than those who do 8v8 all day. Same can be said for those who play variety of maps rather than the same map with the same strategy constantly.

This lack of moderation has produced a total lack of variety of game type and therefore big lack of skill and caused all the veterans to leave

Seems like the BA devs are also long gone and I don't know anyone who cares about BA enough to make the necessary changes, but anyway, my opinion of what should happen is that there should be a rule set for BA that all hosts must follow and is enforced by lobby moderators on behalf of the BA-owner's request
That is, regular map changing, no modded DSDs, etc

I also think encouragement to play smaller size games would be epic, and fairly easy to implement, if you wanted to do very basic:

you could do something like "/experience", same thing as "/ingame" but increases at 200% for 1v1, 175% for 2v2, 150% for 3v3, 125% for 4v4 and 100% for games bigger than that

would very much like to see BA fixed, BA and ZK are 2 quite different games and I wouldn't want either one of them to die but I think BA is better competitively than ZK, the 1v1 scene used to be so skilful and fun and ZK just can't match that

it's not too late for BA, don't let it die plz
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

1v1 me
Anarchid

Post by Anarchid »

ZK just can't match that
u srs?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”