UV unwrapping/atlassing Wings3D video tutorial - Page 2

UV unwrapping/atlassing Wings3D video tutorial

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: UV unwrapping/atlassing Wings3D video tutorial

Post by KaiserJ »

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Nice workflow, is it in realtime? I see max has some powerful stuff (i liked the multi piece uv scaling thing the most)

Thanks for the aircon, loving it!
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

hehe thanks. yeah the multi-part scaling is pretty great; i always try to scale everything at once right at the start to maintain pixel aspect; aside from that i would say the important stuff in there is welding (when i am mirroring it makes it perfect to physically attach the verts in uvspace) and stitching (attaching uv sections according to line neighbor in model space)

was done in real time; apparently it didn't take me long to learn the atlas (although the aircon had considerably less faces than the t2 con and i did have the advantage of unwrapping a wing i had modelled myself)

might be useful (or maybe superflous at this point) to add a nice big area of "con stripe" on the atlas, perhaps next to the concrete circle... never had enough room it seemed to unwrap the con stripes the way i wanted.

and yeah, the model turned out cool... how many models to go for BA:R roughly? any complicated ones giving you trouble? i know krogoth was mentioned as a "bitch model"
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

The main problem with the krogoth model is that it doesnt even exist yet :D

Whats left to go is the t1-2-3 kbots (where t1-2 will be my models with Bobs atlas) and the t2 ships and seaplanes.

Return to “Art & Modelling”