ATI grafikbugs(on MTversion0.85&Springlobby141) with BA 7.63

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

Hello, I have a second time a graphics problem. When the bug appearing yesterday I deleted Spring + profiles / uninstall and set up anew. Today I got the same problem again: if I join a game and the game starts, the Spring lobby flashes briefly on the loading screen. If the players then choose their spots I see on the minimap large colored circles (player color). Once the game starts and someone is building something my complete screen becomes green, part white. If I then disable the widget red minimap its worked. However, when I take the cursor over units / buildings parts of the map are filled in light blue. The same happens with trees and shrubs, these in Pink (So take in the colors of the units or shrubs if you touching them with the mouse). Maybe someone knows how to fix random without the constant reinstall everything?

Now the player [decay]revenant helped me and i shut down the widget unit highlighting and actually i havent any more problems.

My grafikcard: ati hd 5870 newest x64driver

From wiki/FAQ: This is a bug somewhere in LUA drawing with ATI/AMD. Disable widgets that draw via F11 menu to find the one. There is no real fix. A Widget causing this is "Red UI Minimap" or "Chili Minimap". Setting "Max nano simultaneous particles" (SpringSettings) seems to help, too.

With windows xp it works for month well, with win7 some days. Now i have this problem every day, after reinstall it works well again! I didnt change any settings before this bug arrived me.

Maybe this information can help you to fix it: At the first time of this bug i allready typing on Springlobby as the game started. After it i saw my Springlobby on Loadingscreen …

and sorry for my english, parts of this text are created under translator!!
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: ATI grafikbugs(on MTversion0.85&Springlobby141) with BA 7.63

Post by Licho »

This is a bug in ati driver in gl.pointsize. Please contact ATI.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

from one to the other day ATI hacked my system to change it? :wink:

its worked over month without any bugs and iam not the only person with these problems now. but ok, what should i write to ATI, plz support spring?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

maybe this helps:
http://springrts.com/wiki/FAQ:trouble#ATI.2FAMD

can you make a screenshot of your problem? i'm still unsure what problem you have...

also in general:
it should be possible to fix problems without reinstalling... springs config isn't so difficult to.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

sry, i cannot make some screens for you. i already activated red minimap and unit highlighting widget and it works fine for me. its not a bug its a feature :mrgreen:
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

sorry, then i misunderstood you + thanks for reporting :)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

It is a driver bug, its very random it depends on whatever you run since restart..
for example starting steam sometimes causes it..

Even the "fixes" are random.
AntiAllez

Re: ATI grafikbugs(on MTversion0.85&Springlobby141) with BA

Post by AntiAllez »

today on evening the bug cames back!

i dont know why, but i cannot make screenshots ingame. all pictures shows me the startscreen when the game beginning.

but here some windowstuff:
Last edited by AntiAllez on 13 Jan 2013, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
AntiAllez

Re: ATI grafikbugs(on MTversion0.85&Springlobby141) with BA

Post by AntiAllez »

and a new failure on buildlistwidget
Last edited by AntiAllez on 13 Jan 2013, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

in the same time i got the savebug on springsettings

click me

so i changed the advanced attributes of uikeys.txt.bak to"allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"

now i can save my springlobby changes without the errormassage and the game runs well. dont know if i fixed this problem already with that?! i will watching it the next days and inform you.
AntiAllez

Post by AntiAllez »

but the bug came back :?

here some new screenshots

red highlighting

scary dots

green highlighting

Return to “Help & Bugs”