SpringLobby - please implement !join - Page 2

SpringLobby - please implement !join

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Anarchid

Re: SpringLobby - please implement !join

Post by Anarchid »

I would very much prefer if it (the juggler) would PM me and provide some way to join that game without too much extra hassle, instead of just brutally kicking me in the stomach and force-dragging somewhere.

Ofc, the kicking part needs you to be in SL as oppozed to ZKL, but then still, it could at least ask first.

(maybe i'm being ignorant and it does ask in ZKL?)
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

hoijui wrote:bad: server shouts out lobby name/version of clients <= HACK
ok: server shouts out a kind of list of supported features of a client
There is certain protocol version. And Everyone must know which features it supports.

Another interesting information: What OS has client, To show not only CPU but also Lobby name, version, OS

OS and Lobby: we can show them as an icon.

Why is it hack ?
Pako

Post by Pako »

I did !join !invite and !version for my lobby. !join and !invite launches the same dialog, only join defaults "accept" after 5 seconds. Also the dialog should display the players in the coming battle so that player could decide with who to play with. Now it's seems to only be possbile to show the sheeps who move immediately.
Licho wrote: * !join host - when such PM is sent to player from battleroom host or from lobby admin, he joins the new host

* if mod or map hash is 0, don't verify this hash to determine in lobby sync status
Shitty documentation.
What is "host" and is there such thing as mod hash? If it means mod name would it be 0 or character '0' then?
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Pako wrote:Shitty documentation.
What is "host" and is there such thing as mod hash? If it means mod name would it be 0 or character '0' then?
host is a name ofc, and mod hash is part of the lobby protocol

what is shitty except you not being able to understand such simple thing ?
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

any changes ?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Still nothing from springlobby or aegis...
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

koshi wrote:
Licho wrote:How is shouting version bad? I would like that ..
Do you want to maintain a mapping of version -> capabilities for every existing client?
Licho wrote:not being updated
I've said it before, slaving every client to something you implement outside the server, with no apparent backwards compat, is not a good idea. Ofc I'll be ignored again. Just saying.
Seems I was right and/or that was no reaction?
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

If you join to room as a Spectator ( 0/16 +2 ). You change your status to Not Spectator then server send you BattleRoom status update. Got 1/16 +1 Battle is opened.

It is fine.

But the BUG is:

When you are in BattleRoom and your status is Not Spectator ( 1/16 +1 ). You change your status to Spectator then server doesn't send you BattleRoom status update. Must be 0/16 +2 Battle is empty; Got 1/16 +1 Battle is opened.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Server does not send these, clients do.. clients counts specs and sends those updates, so depends on the host type..

Koshi - im more interested in getting !join to work than capabilities which need protocol change.
I will try to detect lobby using admin command GETLOBBYVERSION
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Meaning you'll be running autohosts with admin privileges?
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

Licho wrote:Server does not send these, clients do.. clients counts specs and sends those updates, so depends on the host type..
Then autohosts must be patched:

UPDATEBATTLEINFO SpectatorCount locked maphash {mapname}
Source: client
Sent by the founder of the battle
ProtocolDescription
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

That's unrelated, take it elsewhere please.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Yes with admin rights Koshi - does not have to be autohost, one bot is enough.. I needed this !join feature weeks ago, its hurting players.

Im really tempted to abandon lobby protocol completely and go own way because its impossible to develop new stuff with some lobbies.

We will wait for steam response first though.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Licho wrote: I needed this !join feature weeks ago, its hurting players.
If you mean you deployed a hack you knew wasn't supported by anyone else and thereby hurting players I would tend to agree.
Licho wrote:go own way because its impossible to develop new stuff with some lobbies.
Read: Sucks that not everyone can be pushed into piling hack on top of hack instead of getting a transparent and documented implementation in server and protocol?
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

koshi wrote:That's unrelated, take it elsewhere please.
That sounds like - I hate fix something you should place it by yourself somewhere it belongs. if it is there then I will have to do it.

I thought if someone interesting in something he will put it by himself and he is glad to hear any dialog from anyone who uses.

I am the tester for you.
You could help to direct me in the right way. Where should I take it ?

PS: I put it in other place - you will say me It is wrong, It doesn't belong to that thread, then I will show another thread to add ....

Everybody so serious and very busy ?

btw, Springie (Zero-K) Autohosts also have that bug.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

You mean waiting one year for no implemention in the lobby server? I waited for custom params 1 year.. eventually I added hack as always..

I waited for proper !join for about a year too..
If it cannot be added to server yet, whats the problem with adding it as pm and later changing to comamnd when it becomes available?
Seriously this is not progress, its a disaster for spring..
Just one lobby can sabotage it all.

Zero-K player base and game variety has benefited massively from even the poor matchmaking that juggler which !join provides.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

If you think there's a bug in springie then clearly your bug report belongs in whatever issue tracking mechanism it uses. If you think there's a bug in SpringLobby it belongs on our redmine
danil_kalina wrote:That sounds like - I hate fix something you should place it by yourself somewhere it belongs. if it is there then I will have to do it.
I hate thread derailing, yes.
danil_kalina wrote:I thought if someone interesting in something he will put it by himself and he is glad to hear any dialog from anyone who uses.
Sure, if it's not noise in an unrelated thread.
danil_kalina wrote:You could help to direct me in the right way. Where should I take it ?
There's a sticky in this subforum too.

Edit: Licho, look, I don't care what excuses for hacks you make, just those hacks opt-in for people and have zkl users auto opt-in.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

the problem is still the same, that lobby guys are unable to communicate well. there would have to be a regular meeting, and there people would have to interact according to certain rules. at least some of the participants (optimally, at least 3), should understand these rules (as in, understand why they are there, and why they makle sense). the meeting we had kind of showed, that there were 0. already the fact that it was so hard ot get a meeting going is a bad sign.
in short, all you guys involved with lobby deving just suck, all of you! (formally, as danil was not around yet during the one meeting, i have to grant him a certain probability of being an exception there)
stop tryign to accuse each other, you ALL SUCK!
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

There was some lobby dev meeting? I havent been invited to any..
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

i am pretty sure you took part, and i am 100% sure you were invited multiple times.

edit:
most of the meeting consisted of aegis and me fighting.

Return to “SpringLobby Client”