Recommendations for a graphics card - Page 2

Recommendations for a graphics card

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

MidKnight

Re: Recommendations for a graphics card

Post by MidKnight »

Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

MidKnight wrote:Like this.
Lol that is pretty funny, especially the little guy peering out of the cockpit before it shuts.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Coresair wrote:Stop worrying about noise. My 460s are the least noisy things in my case (and my pc is very quiet, liquid cooled). As long as you have proper airflow so they do not have to spin up they will be quiet. They are very loud at 100% fan, but mine never even get passed 50% while gaming. This is relevant because they have a very similar HSF as those you are looking at.
Thanks, I was indeed worrying too much about the noise: I got the Gigabyte 460 GTS and it's indeed very quiet. It's just that a few years ago, when I built my PC, GPU:s were also advertised as quiet but no f*ck, they weren't (well, maybe in comparison to a nuclear plant*).

The 460 GTS works like a charm and I can't hear it at all, even though my PC is very quiet. It was a bit bigger than I thought, so I had to rework some cabling to install it. It almost takes up the whole available length of the case.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and I can recommend the one I got to others as well. I gets 7.5 in windows experience index and spring also runs very smoothly.

* Anyone knows if nuclear plants are actually loud?
==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== »

Nuclear plants are actually one of the quietest (externally) power plants... Hydro/coal would be much louder. (but tbh, any powerplant is quiet if you dont stand next to the primary turbines)
Prominence

Post by Prominence »

Nvidia is set to release new GeForce 600 series GPU based on new Kepler Architecture sometime in 2012 probably at Q1. So given this information, this would be the worst time to upgrade your graphics card.

They have already released some 600 series GPU for laptops.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Too bad it is a little bit old.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Prominence wrote:Nvidia is set to release new GeForce 600 series GPU based on new Kepler Architecture sometime in 2012 probably at Q1. So given this information, this would be the worst time to upgrade your graphics card.

They have already released some 600 series GPU for laptops.
That may be true, but my okld GPU died and it's not so fun to use the integrated one and look at your screen in 800x600 and 16 bit. The one I bought is doing its job well, and it's silent.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”