Thank you - Page 5

Thank you

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: Thank you

Post by smoth »

Hoi wrote:
smoth wrote:why would I be? because you and the rest of the mob want blood? So let's see how this works you and a few others don't LIKE me so you want me banned because you don't like me? I didn't call him a retard. Unless you think yan is a retard, but I don't. I accused him of being yan who is last I heard banned. This is not a terrible offense. Just like how Tim was able to act completely uncivil, i don't think he violated any rules beyond making a few ugly remarks about me. So if I can be in trouble for suggesting a user may be a smurf(which is admits he is) of a problematic forum user I should get a warning which IS a point towards ban?

Warnings are not slaps on the wrist. They accrue and you get banned. They do go away over time, I cannot remember where to find my warning level but last I recall it was 2-3 points. So I could VERY WELL be on the verge of a ban if I acted badly enough...

but just because you guys want to see an example made is not a good reason to demand my ban.
Who said I don't like you and want to see you banned? Stop sounding like a victim, I was only saying there was no reason for that warning.

Not even going to respond to the rest of the crap in your post, really.
Hoi wrote:Warned for this? So why not warn the user he was "talking" with as well?

This really says something about the moderation quality on the forums.
so the post was all about you and only addressing you? And you are not responding to the rest of my crap? Like where I said that just because they are saying ugly things doesn't mean they should be in trouble? or the part where I remind people that warnings are not mere wrist slaps? because to me, you missed the most important part of my post. I would know, because I wrote it.
knorke wrote:trolling in the front seat,
moddin' in the backseat!
It's friday, which seat should I take?
Degenerated4

Post by Degenerated4 »

knorke wrote:trolling in the front seat,
moddin' in the backseat!
Which felony am I gonna take?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

they see us rollin, not really knowin, who is controllin.

Shotgun!

RazziaUltraban. All Hands abandone membership!
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote: so the post was all about you and only addressing you? And you are not responding to the rest of my crap? Like where I said that just because they are saying ugly things doesn't mean they should be in trouble? or the part where I remind people that warnings are not mere wrist slaps? because to me, you missed the most important part of my post. I would know, because I wrote it.
This is exactly what I'm talking about...

And if you wouldn't look at it from the victim perspective, you would interpret my post more like "Why not warn smoth too, if the user he was talking to was warned for no reason?"

Enough drama now...
scifi

Post by scifi »

I enjoy this comunity i rl do, ive learned a lot from many people here, and had fun in countless hours of playing BA, CA, ZK,Gundam XTA , EVO ,EE, even PURE e.tc............

Lets just get on topic shall we, we just dont advertise our games, and the engine itself in the open source comunity forums, we ignore the world when it comes to open source, we dont advertise in sites like gamedev, or polycount.com, we dont encourage ubuntu users, to play spring.

In fact we dont advertise at all, once licho told me he spent time and recources in advertising in some magasines. Maybe thats wrong, we shouldnt be focusing in sites like IGN, or Gamespot, we cant expect people that play COD only games, to come here and enjoy spring. Many of them wont pass the lobby fase.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/

I mean lets just refocus and stop criticising each menber of this comunity, lets just move foward and let the passed stay in the passed.

People we have games to make, lets go make them!!.
smoth

Post by smoth »

scifi wrote:People we have games to make, lets go make them!!.
you first... XD...

no really, I do work on gundam... you guys just don't care so you don't know.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

scifi wrote:People we have games to make, lets go make them!!.
Says the guy who does plenty of spring-related development and NEVER RELEASES ANY OF IT!!

Release some stuff and I'll consider forgiving you.
scifi

Post by scifi »

well you know xD, im always working in top secret stuff.:P

Ive released some things for CA, theyr still in Zero-K, the hovers man.

The core hovers, the core gunships, the core air con, the core gunship factory, the arm sonar airplane.

But that was years ago.

I Always felt the stuff i made wasnt the best i could produce.
So i spend time improving my skills so one day, "maybe" i can make something that people could enjoy, not something average, but something good and fun.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

perfection is the enemy of all good things.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Thanx to Trademark, he did some good stuff and I hope he wont stop at it.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I really liked that replays site, it was so clear and well organised. Now it has the same music as what shift used to link to on youtube. Any chance to get the site back up? Trademark?
knorke

Post by knorke »

Jools wrote:Any chance to get the site back up? Trademark?
As a compromise, restore the site and keep the music!
Degenerated4

Post by Degenerated4 »

Why would he want to go back? What exactly changed since?

It's still the same corrupt hypocrites in charge. It's still the same double standards for the favored few. Just more dust piled.
albator

Post by albator »

knorke wrote:
Jools wrote:Any chance to get the site back up? Trademark?
As a compromise, restore the site and keep the music!
Only chance Trademark come back would be the one that banned him for no reason get ban for a few months at least: for a good reason actually :D so that We have nice good fun maps and nice website to host replay :D
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

how about everyone host ssm for a month ?

no, no.... thats stupid...
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

albator wrote: Only chance Trademark come back would be the one that banned him for no reason get ban for a few months at least
Yes, an eye for an eye, Hammurabi's law. History knows that good things come from that.
se5a

Post by se5a »

Jools wrote:
albator wrote: Only chance Trademark come back would be the one that banned him for no reason get ban for a few months at least
Yes, an eye for an eye, Hammurabi's law. History knows that good things come from that.

citation needed? I keep hearing this, but it's normally in regards to a feud type situation, where the involved parties are taking the law into their own hands.
Don't know much about Hammurabi but Mosaic law (which also had this) from what I understand was judged by the priests of the time in a proper court type situation. kinda makes it a little different.

Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. not condoning or otherwise in this situation.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Yes, the code of Hammmurabi is usually what I connect to a feudal situation, where you usually say an eye for an eye. It probably contains a lot more, but this is what I remember from it.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Jools wrote: an e-peen for an e-peen.
fixed it for ya, fits better current situation.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

an eye for an eye
While nowadays this is seen as brutal, in those days it was progressive, as its intension was to
* have less deadly vendetta and
* have less arbitrary punishment and more justice.

Return to “General Discussion”