Progressive Annihilation V 1.5

Moderators: Lord Juzza, Moderators, Content Developer

Lord Juzza

Post by Lord Juzza »

http://springfiles.com/spring/games/pro ... hilation-1

Progressive Annihilation Version 1.5 changelog.

Economy and Ecoing:

Metal makers and Advanced Fusions have been removed.

Energy producing structures and mexes give significantly more storage.
Moho mexes have been removed.

There is only one type of mex so to get more metal you have to expand and cap metal spots.

Nano towers have been removed.

Factories:

Factories can no longer be assisted by Cons, they have had their buildpower increased significantly and the build power they use can be adjusted to 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of their max buildpower. This means to increase your production you will eventually need more labs. It also makes having more then one type of lab possible earlier in the game.

Commanders:

Commanders huge explosions have been removed. Their Dguns have been replaced with a Riot weapon designed for preventing early game rushes. The Core Commander has a Riot Cannon much like levelers but it does more damager, more AOE and sets units of fire. The Arm commander has a powerful lightning cannon that has a high chain range and decent chain damage. These weapons both cost 300 energy to fire. Commanders also leave less metal (1250 Wreck, 625 Ruble) when they die.

Sea:

Sea has been totally redone and is not completely finished. There are currently five units that each sea player can build.
Construction Ships, Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers and Submarines.

T1:

Several T1 units have been added to give T1 more variety and use-fullness later game.
Core Archer, Arm Ranger, Core Hog, Arm Dido, Core Fang, Arm Mammoth, Core Bumblebee.
Vech scouts have also been removed. Radar bots and vechs can now be built at T1.

T2:

Modified pretty much ALL of T2, they are all now weaker and more specialized, not just more cost efficient.

T3:

T3 is still in early stages but most of T3 has been removed. T3 will be going in the direction of super speciality units instead of big slow mechs.

Misc:

Guardians & Punisher are now Anti Ship cannons, designed to protect your shore lines.

Updated air collision volumes. They are all now properly defined for each specific units as opposed to being arbitrarily defined by spring.

Fire and Lightning:

Fire burns through enemies and sets them ablaze. This makes them very dangerous to units that are bunched together.

Lightning now chains. When an enemy is hit by a lighting unit if another unit is close enough the lighting will chain to that unit and will continue chaining until there is no unit is range to chain to. This can be devastating to lots of weak units but not as effective vsing lots of tough units. As the chain does significantly less damage then the initial hit and has a short chaining range.
Last edited by Lord Juzza on 09 Jan 2012, 01:35, edited 5 times in total.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: Progressive Annihilation V 1.3

Post by hoijui »

good luck! :-)
Last edited by hoijui on 17 Nov 2011, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

why dont you just use one thread and update it?
Lord Juzza

Post by Lord Juzza »

Good Idea. :)
Lord Juzza

Re: Progressive Annihilation V 1.35

Post by Lord Juzza »

Updated to the new version.
Lord Juzza

Re: Progressive Annihilation V 1.35

Post by Lord Juzza »

I haven't been making many posts lately but I have been making lots of progress and additions. After I have some complications worked out there will likely be another release within the week adding a lot of fantastic changes and content.
Lord Juzza

Re: Progressive Annihilation V 1.4

Post by Lord Juzza »

New version updated!
Lord Juzza

Re: Progressive Annihilation V 1.5

Post by Lord Juzza »

New version updated. Look at the first post.
Bosque

Post by Bosque »

This is right up my alley, love the changes, works great in single player. Downside, we get sync errors when we try to play multiplayer on spring 0.84 (using os x, and last I checked 0.85 wasn't available yet).
knorke

Post by knorke »

I think that is unlikely to be game related, you can report engine bugs here: springrts.com/mantis/
(using os x, and last I checked 0.85 wasn't available yet).
http://springrts.com/wiki/Download offers a spring_85.0_MacOSX but I have no Mac so no idea how good it is ;)
Lord Juzza

Post by Lord Juzza »

There is absolutely 0 reason PA should cause sync errors. Most of the differences are models, Unit defs and script differences. Ontop of that there are some gadgets and widgets added but these handle things like, setting units on fire and chaining lightning and haven't caused me any trouble.

Just make sure you have the most recent version of spring and if you are using the multithreaded version try using the normal version. If that fails try re downloading the mod and again should that fail try re installing Spring.
Bosque

Post by Bosque »

While I agree it doesn't make any sense... BA multiplayer games work fine on the same version.

Return to “Progressive Annihilation”