Things I Hate About Spring:

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

In no particular order

1. Spring
2. Upspring
2. SpringLobby
3. ZK Lobby
4. Rapid
5. TASClient
6. Plasma

Actually I take back 1, the engine itself is really not that frustrating any more.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Things I Hate About Spring:

Post by PicassoCT »

Now thats what i call constructive criticism. This we can handle.

To fix the first point on your list, click on the start button. go to controll pannel, now click programs. Uninstall spring.

Live happily ever after. (That ones a lie)

For the second point:

Again easy to fix. All you need to do, is to adapat your hands and brain to the superior controlls and mechanisms that make up- upspring.

First hit your hands with a hammer. It hurts, but it is a good pain. Now that your hands can adapt to the upspring-claw. Its time to arrange your braintissue, so you can enjoy the pleasures of the up.

Get a wire, stainless steel works best, now shove it down beside your eyes (nobody hears your crys when loud music is on) and lobbyotomize your self. Congrats. Now upspring will work for you.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

now give us three suggestions of how to improve each of them!
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

I tried to convert a 3do to an s3o today, with a rudimentary auto-unwrap and AO bake for the texture.

Took me an hour to get it working properly in game.

edit: due in no small part to the fact that if I try and recalc normals on a 3do, Upspring instantly crashes. And its ever-fubar import and export of obj and 3ds. And its backwards z orientation. And...
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

To be fair, this is meant to be a light hearted and tongue in cheek reaction to the day I've had, where everything has failed me.

I aprpeciate the hard work done by everyone on all these aspects of Spring and for many of them, the failure is not their fault.

Except Upspring. Jcnossen if you are listening I will punch you in the balls. 8)
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

very strange and unfortunate that normals error

soon though surely your troubles will be over with the inclusion of assimp into main... got a 700-ish part model ready and raring to go, i can't even imagine trying to re-rig it in upspring (thankfully it took only 5 mins in max)
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

KaiserJ wrote:very strange and unfortunate that normals error

soon though surely your troubles will be over with the inclusion of assimp into main... got a 700-ish part model ready and raring to go, i can't even imagine trying to re-rig it in upspring (thankfully it took only 5 mins in max)
tbh, I may try and get yuritch to export me some objs from his original models, which I will unwrap, AO bake, and hand back to him to form into new s3os.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Ah this kinda topic ;)

In no particular order

1. Spring
2. Oldness
3. Ugliness (mostly *A mods)
4. Millions of off-handed maps with bugs
5. Forums being boring
6. 8v8 DSD

Lets all clear our conscience and move on happily, as nothing happened, fresh as spring flowers.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Next topic about the "things I love" please. It's far more pleasing.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

1. Spring
I'm ok with this.
2. Upspring
This is a trap. Though I guess it will probably be phased out with assimp.
2. SpringLobby
Is pretty good. My life would be easier if it did rapid download.
3. ZK Lobby
Actually ZK lobby is not bad. I just don't want to play ZK all the time and feel weird playing other games on it. Game agnostic version please :-)
4.Hate
Haters gotta hate I guess. My suggestion for improvement is to find out who they are IRL and organize a flash mob to hug them...because who does not like hugs?
5. TASClient
I don't understand why some people will defend it to the end. In the end it's just a lobby. Though I guess this could be said about all the lobbies. My suggestion for improvement, have everyone try different lobbies.
6. Plasma
I don't know what this is but it get's brought up a bunch and I hate what I don't understand. :evil: Solution: Figure out what plasma is.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

just Upspring
fixed that for ya.

inb4 drama 'how about u go do something'.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

So Jcnossen got the hotpotatoe now? Well, here comes picasso, he takes the heated fruit, and throws, and hits -knorke. Its all his fault, not becoming a dev, not integrating his unitposer, and the featureplacer, and all that stuff into one big happy package.
The crowd cheers in anguish, this bold move came unexpected. This is not how you are supposed to play blameball!

-And there is the red ticket, and picasso is out of the game, of the field. The referees dislike foulplay.

If you want to do something right, you ve got to it yourself. If you dont want to be blamed, you got to do nothing at all.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Flozi, I started writing a replacement for UpSpring but there didn't seem to be any demand for such a thing.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

oksnoop2 wrote:find out who they are IRL and organize a flash mob to hug them...because who does not like hugs?
+1
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Das Bruce wrote:Flozi, I started writing a replacement for UpSpring but there didn't seem to be any demand for such a thing.
what ? im confused now... u trollin right :o sure there is demand for non annoying version of upspring.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

You just can't hate tasclient
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

After importing and rigging hundreds of models in upspring, I have grown quite fond of it. I use almost all of its features, and it crashed only very rarely for me.
Flozi: I have a script that makes an entire .3do mod into s3o with atlasing and on-demand smoothing normals.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Satirik wrote:You just can't hate tasclient if you want to be able to log in to it tomorrow
:D

joking
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

BaNa wrote:
Satirik wrote:You just can't hate tasclient if you want to be able to log in to it tomorrow
:D

joking
Don't mock our god!
scifi

Post by scifi »

Tas Client FTW!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”