Forum has become boring after politics/eco and religion ban. - Page 3

Forum has become boring after politics/eco and religion ban.

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Forum has become boring after politics/eco and religion ban.

Post by PicassoCT »

golden banhammers? Diamond bladed scissors with rubys? Names with real emerald! Moderators with BLING!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

This forum isn't for entertainment, it's for talking about working with and use of the Spring engine
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Now, the last time i checked, there were pretty many threads outside the Off Topic Discussion who where serious buisness.

It somehow leaked inside of here.

Okay, you trolls, you have all been drafted. Fun is over. Come out with your horns held high.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

KaiserJ wrote:
Give me one solid example of when the hostility spilled over to the rest of the forum. I call bull on that, people keep citing it but even during the US elections and other big issues like that i cannot remember any big flamewars in other parts of the forum because of that.
specific examples of thread rage spilling over? i can for sure remember some denmark guy being banned for carrying an argument over from one anti-muslim thread into another.
IMO the moderators sole function in the offtopic forum is keeping things civil. It is not guaranteeing a high level of intellectual discourse, it is not looking at posts to see if people confuse "it is" with "in my opinion". Ideally the only things that would require moderation in these threads are ad hominem assaults, spam and openly racist content.

The other things you write about how any prior disagreement taints a persons view of another person, I disagree but do not have the time to go into detail.
smoth

Post by smoth »

picasso, I don't believe the community is dying, that was the implication of a few others in the thread. I think the community is getting better not worse and these rules help it.
knorke

Post by knorke »

It's a forum. It's meant for discussing things. This is the off topic section. It's for off topic discussions. Religion and politics are off topic discussions.
That. Nothing else to say...

maybe dev forum should be locked, seems way worse then the last politics threads:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=10
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

KDR_11k wrote:This forum isn't for entertainment, it's for talking about working with and use of the Spring engine
well people here "work" for spring as entertainment, it's not a job
smoth wrote:picasso, I don't believe the community is dying, that was the implication of a few others in the thread. I think the community is getting better not worse and these rules help it.
since you came back the forum is boring !! you're way too serious, you need to dring more fanta
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

knorke wrote:
It's a forum. It's meant for discussing things. This is the off topic section. It's for off topic discussions. Religion and politics are off topic discussions.
That. Nothing else to say...

maybe dev forum should be locked, seems way worse then the last politics threads:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=10
bannhammering the devs- brilliant idea.
what next?

modmoderation? Circumcising my friendly Mr.Swiftspear?
Or a civilwar among the moderators, dividing them into conservative moderators and liberal moderators, two seperate boards living side by side, one click away, people travelling between the two comunitys, depending on how fed up they are with the endless flamewar of liberty and the boardom of the republican side.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Picasso chill with making this extend beyond offtopic you are sadly illustrating my point about how you guys cannot stay contained with the misbehavior
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i like how smoth suddenly turned from person who spreads most hate here, to minimoddin white knight
smoth

Post by smoth »

Satirik wrote:since you came back the forum is boring !! you're way too serious, you need to dring more fanta
I love fanta and I WISH I was that influential around here. I would shove all you players into a subsection called "the pit" where you can troll it up all you want and would forumnazi edit the shit out any outbursts like the one knorke cited outside of "the pit".
Wombat wrote:i like how smoth suddenly turned from person who spreads most hate here, to minimoddin white knight
I never was the former but can be accused of the later I think small projects should be protected and defended..
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:Picasso chill with making this extend beyond offtopic you are sadly illustrating my point about how you guys cannot stay contained with the misbehavior
Picasso is just being funny.

Please stop being so serious about everything, and stop telling people what to do. If anyone is trolling/being annoying it's you.

Now let's get back on topic.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Don't make me actually put on my troll hat. Just because I am saying something you disagree with does not mean I am trolling. This post of yours also further illustrates kaiser's point about fundamental misunderstandings causing people to blow things out of proportion. I could have said picasso, please chill and the context would have been clearer.

Of course you come in to defend him, when he can easily defend himself should he have felt the need. This is also how threads blow out. My post was to picasso, someone I have a good relationship with. He has asked me in the past to express to him when I feel he might be going over board. So I did. You don't know our relationship nor do you know any sort of discussions we have had. YET you presume you do know.

So you take a post that is mild, blow it out to me picking on picasso. I didn't and I did not use harsh words at all. Yet I don't see you calling out forb in knorke's example. So it is left to me to conclude that you have an issue with me. Because you have brought yourself in to confront me. The natural recourse is to ignore you or to respond. I choose to respond.

So why pick on me instead of forb? Why pick on me instead of anyone else? OH IS YOU TROLLING<- see what I did there?
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

It doesn't really change the world when people are talking about politics/religion here, it's only making it entertaining. Not a big deal.

Btw, Berlusconi is an old, slimy bastard!
smoth

Post by smoth »

What type of pokeball do I need to catch a Berlusconi?
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

smoth wrote:What type of pokeball do I need to catch a Berlusconi?
RubyBungamon i choose you! Bungamon uses booty! Its supraeffective!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AFFjsYpjw8&t=0m42s

On the downside it ruins your longterm poltics, but on the positive side, one horny old president is way to tired and too busy to deal all the damage a young Idealist, or a corrupt Conservative could deal.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

lold^ i like when picasso starts stealth trolling
So why pick on me instead of forb?
coz he didnt make single post here ? becouse u are the one rising drama all the time? also forb usually rages after ur posts. was same story with argh.

see what u did there ? ;__;
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

smoth wrote:Don't make me actually put on my troll hat. Just because I am saying something you disagree with does not mean I am trolling.
dude, you're the one always complaining about everyone else is trolling on you.. now you're gonna get all angry at anyone else who makes the same mistake?

You act all serious and superior posting lectures about how everyone should behave then you have an outburst and make shit worse. Why is your escalation any better than theirs?
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

if you kids don't shut up i'm turning the car around and we're going back to winnipeg
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

kaiser swinging his banracoon ? not used to...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”