Interest in an 'experimental' version?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

So after some convo with Beherith I volunteered to make some changes for the next BA version and ended up getting a bit carried away and now have a copy of BA on my local machine with a load of balance tweaks and changes which imo put right some problems remaining from 7.4x and assist in addressing a few other long standing issues.

Cause I've changed more than I intended to I'd love to trial an experimental/alpha version for feedback first.

What I'd like to gauge in this thread is if people are happy enough with BA 7.50 that they wont try it, or if the community is interested in trying a bit of this?

(note: no detail provided on the actual changes to avoid derailment :P )
Senna

Re: Interest in an 'experimental' version?

Post by Senna »

I vote 1, on this, is always good to have new changes and stuff even if its experimental.

There is a lack of devs actually, some of them just dont have time and we dont had many of them.
albator

Post by albator »

ba7.4++ changes made me progressively quit ba, so I will definitly give a try to a new balance.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Is it skipping all the improvements of 1.5 or based on 1.5 but with major balance changes? I am not sure if it is based on 1.4 or 1.5 hard to follow that in your post Does it bring back nonsensical classes etc all questions I would be interested in.

I just don't believe in going for changes just because I like someone or didn't like a version. Then again I don't "play" ba enough to count etc
MrCucumber

Post by MrCucumber »

I'm down to try it
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

Sounds interesting, I'd happily play some games on this in future, with the rest of iNRGiZE.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

do you have your changes in a separate VCS branch, in separate commits? or are they all mixed together as one on your file-system? if the later, how hard is it to separate them?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”