Announcement of War To Oblivion Reloaded

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Razorblade

Post by Razorblade »

i am announcing a new mod WIP pre alpha

SIDES:

Order of Meridani : An alien race from the planet Meridani .
They are always looking for new technology.
Laser blasting race

##1010011001100010011001110##
MESSAGE INTERCEPTED
MARCH 21 2050
##

We are the Meridanians we are coming for you .
behold our power
we will destroy your world
100100011000 our will be done
##TRANSMISSION JAMMED##

New World defenseforce : Also knows as NWD
still living on the planet Earth
Stubborn race of humans
Salvaging everything they can find
They did get hit hard in the war from 2030 .
the Technology is oudated for these years
but the technology still works

Units you can expect in the game:

Order of Meridani:

COM building (The Monolith)

The Eco Centre (Temple of Materialism)

Metal Extractor (last morphed mex ) 4levels

Solar Generator

Scout hover (Seeker)

Light assault vessel (Spirit)

Light Artillery vessel (Magnus)

Light flak vessel (Ferrus)

New World Defenseforce

COM building

Eco Centre

Metal Extractor (last morphed mex ) 4levels

Solar Generator

M3a Bradley

M163 PD Vulcan (light AA gatling gun)

SA-6 Gainful (medium range SAM)

Valuk Scout vehicle

M1117 APC

this is a shortlist of the units you can expect a lot more
we keep you posted on the progress

for a more complete gallery
http://wartooblivion.webs.com/apps/photos/
Last edited by Razorblade on 10 Jul 2011, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Announcement of War To Oblivion Reloaded

Post by PicassoCT »

mod War_To_Oblivion_Reloaded = new mod();

boolean modAnnounced=true;

do
{
System.out.println("Have there been any recent advances?");

} while (modAnnounced==true);
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Get back to your toilet!

Also CEGs are currently made by me

Razorblade does mostly the NWD stuff
Captain Benz does meridani stuff

Why War To Oblivion reloaded? Because WTO originally used alot of 3do models from unit universe which was a fail idea but got some own s3o models thought

And dont ask me anything about storylines, on the website nor i got informed about it

basically it will be like WTO just remaked , better , storylines etc... less fail models

Yes it will have alot of units MAYBE less then WTO

there will give superweapons but not imba more like C&C as tactical variant

This Mod is for all who likes to posses every possible of modern armoury or wants to fight with modern stuff agains alien rogue like enemys and vice versa

Edit:

Also the Monolith got less weapons on its armoured fighting vehicles, but for that to compensate the NWD high amount of weapons, it's laser gives a heavy punch.
It is recommend to destroy them as soon as possible and not encountering a swarms of them, if that's in the case use as much artillery as possible to prevent major damage

Yes their light tank is able to kill quickly the M1 abrams so beware!
CaptainBenz

Post by CaptainBenz »

I have to apologize for Karls... behavior, but well.

As he already said, its a complete new mod following the gameplay ideas of the old War to Oblivion, with some smaller changes and inspirations from Razorblades MicronWars. The main change are the factions, while the old WTO had the two TA factions with random units added, the new one contains 2 complete different factions with different styles of units and weapons (as you can see in the pictures above).
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

YAY GAMES!
:mrgreen:

You're probably going to have to advertise to get more players, but new games are always great.

Best of luck!
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Cool stuff, I especially like seeker-ferrus.
knorke

Post by knorke »

good models, texture needs more teamcolor imo.
Razorblade

Post by Razorblade »

This Saturday we release a public demo version so you people can get a taste of what is coming :D
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Looks interesting, good luck!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

The meridani units look very nice - the defenseforce units look so comparatively bad that it makes me wonder if there weren't a completely different process or team behind the two factions.

Also, the logo with the skull and the pistols... seriously?
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Pxtl wrote:The meridani units look very nice - the defenseforce units look so comparatively bad that it makes me wonder if there weren't a completely different process or team behind the two factions.

Also, the logo with the skull and the pistols... seriously?
Yeah, spend moar time on uvw/mapping, less on playtesting and having fun. Look at Picasso who got it right.. >( :wink:
Razorblade

Post by Razorblade »

As of this moment WTO Reloaded is scrapped from development

It is no use to build a mod because everybody is to focussed on BA and ZK
so why should we make a mod that is only played by the devs themselves ?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Yawn. Most bullshit excuse ever.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

You could eat BA for breakfast... just take them in as fourth and third team, and put them at a slight disavantage.

surely breaks the consistency of the universe, but like hell, it steals the reason to not play ba-wto on dsd. And if core and arm get stomped by the new guys... well such things happen.

Also micronwars was good, is good, will stay good, and will get played. Your point is invalid.
smoth

Post by smoth »

FLOZi wrote:Yawn. Most bullshit excuse ever.
^this. Serious weaksauce bro.

So what you are saying is you think you cannot beat ba/zk.. projects that have been going for years. PFFT so do you just think shit happens instantly and poof everyone loves you. This project is borderline alpha at best. I didn't even download it. You have not put any love into the models yet. They are decent for a starting point but have a long way to go. That takes time and in time they could be really nice. of course what would I know.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

smoth, didnt you start your project last summer? Way to talk down to us toldfags, from your one sommer high gundamn pony!

But hey, we other idiots, working hard, at least we get all the spring benefits, like free healthcare, a generious share of the income of the whole project (10% of zero, now if that aint nothing!)
And we get groupies, and free drugs, and if we grow cold, we all can huddle around the flamewar in offtrollic.

Im just disappointed, i mean razorblade is someone who knows how to do his thing, he made great mods before, but now that his coder has quited the project- and well, razor, you have it, you definatly have it. You just dont want to lua stuff, and spend hours uvw-mapping.. understandable... but then, why not at least continue polishing micronwars, im sure you could build up a comunity for that.

Look at the long way smoth came. If its a desert we try to cross, he walked in 3 big circles around fucking arrakis. And now he has servers, not all the time, but there are servers were people play gundam.
He isnt even online then, but hey the seeds of success slowly blooming.
So it is doable. Its just incredible hard, and yeah, why shouldnt it be. Its you against Television, its you against the whole vidya-gamesindustry, its one razorblade against a thousand hard working people who want to feed there familys. Its you against another hundred rts games for free. Its you versus the godamn piracy, which makes entertaiment cheap for the poorest devil on earth.

You are going against a Armada, and expect a instant win? Realityloss much?
knorke

Post by knorke »

smoth wrote:I didn't even download it.
I think that is his point.
Make a BA thread / fork with
Samson
-30% dps vs ground
+30% dps vs air
and bam, instant lolz.
Even the people who "hate" BA will join in discussing that.
Make a game with new models and other new (in spring) stuff, nobody gives a fuck.
smoth

Post by smoth »

knorke wrote:
smoth wrote:I didn't even download it.
I think that is his point.
Too early for anything real gameplay-wise to have developed. I could download it but I suspect it is damn near any *A with some very unpolished models. Nothing for me to see yet.

so lets see if I was wrong..

oh wait, I cannot download it.

so he can pretend he did any number of things but didn't

in reality it is one of countless ta clones here and probably stopped developing it not because BOO HOO BA has all the players but because of an inability to actually do the work. He just uses BA's popularity as an excuse. Otherwise there WOULD BE downloads.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Nah it's not a BA clone. The Meridani units and effects look very nice, and I like the mex morphing and needing to build multiple factories. And the whole scale of the game feels wonderful.

The interface needs a lot of work though. It looks like you mashed together some of argh's pure interface, along with the redui minimap, along with advanced player list, and while it's great you guys are trying to improve on the default, the whole thing mashes horribly. My minimap covered my tooltip, my console disappeared at one point so I couldn't see chat, and some missing buildpics mean you have to hover over empty-seeming space to order certain builds.

But don't give up though. Keep on fixing and polishing. The better it gets the more interested people will being in playing it.

And then spam download links! For crying out loud, never make people have to hunt down a download. People are lazy and resistant to new things. You want to make everything as easy and painless for them as possible. You should definitely have a link at the top of your announcement post, you can periodically spam links in #main, you should submit a release as a news post with a download link, just wherever you can! Also get it on rapid (see det about that I think) so it is easy for people to download and update with rapid.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Why would this be a TA clone if his former project (Micron Wars), was not?
hm, i guess he can just defend himself.
still think it is a bit lame to ignore a project and when it gets canceld to "laugh" at it for not finishing.
---
Like waldo said, you should stop spreading beta downloads in private messages and just post a link on forum. Then people are also more likely to give some feedback on forum, nobody likes typing long messages in chat where they just get lost and everything gets said twice. (i think i commentated on the UI too)

Return to “Game Development”