Norway attack

Norway attack

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Otherside

Norway attack

Post by Otherside »

I think its time for governments to stop being politically correct and start routing out Islam its border lining on nazism now in how bad it is affecting the world.

I hate to criticize everyone in a religion and I am sure the vast majority of islamists are not fanatical but the fact that they can co-exist with normal islamists and are not routed sort of lets them think its ok.

Its time for the world to take a stand.. so fucking what if someone drew a funny picture of your prophet that gives you no right to kill people.
smoth

Re: Norway attack

Post by smoth »

Norway was attacked?!??

This is what I don't understand, why Muslims don't beat the fuck out of the terrorist for making their lives hell by association. It's fucking stupid even rednecks beat up westboro baptist but Muslims are not going to flog those fucking dangerous terrorists? Confounding!
Last edited by smoth on 22 Jul 2011, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

In protests you can see videos of people shouting stuff like "BURN IN HELL I AM GOING TO BOMB YOUR COUNTRY" all the other islamists shrug it off instead of doing something about it.

This is the key to the problem the non fanatical/militant islamists aren't doing enough to stop it getting out of control.

Also immigration laws need to be tightened. It is now glaringly obvious that you if let normal islamists in you will also let in extremists. I feel bad for the nice guys but tbh if you can't control your own people because your religion is a outdated hateful joke then you shouldn't be allowed to join the western civilized world.
smoth

Post by smoth »

IMO ANYTIME some shouts serious threats like that they should be fucking charged with intent.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Are you serious? I know many muslims and they are awesome people.

Just because there is a tiny group of extremists, it does not mean that you need to take action and attack the entire group. Just because, for example a crazy women like michelle backman says being gay is a sin, we do not disallow Christians to live in a country either, right?

This (muslim) terrorism "threat" is hyped by media. There's a lot of fear mongering involved, to attempt to brainwash the general public into supporting the war against a fictional entity, al-qaida, which is not a group but simply the name of the database made by the americans.

While I agree that there are many Islamic extremists who are crazy, there are also a lot of non islamic extremists. You're making it sound like it is only the islam, and that is very, very far from the truth.

Sharia law and other crazyness like women not being allowed to drive cars, and having to wear covering clothing is bullshit. So are many other religions. Why not fight against every form of brainwashing, and that includes islam, catholicism, bullshit the mainstream media and government say, and many many other things?

Really. Every popular religion has the purpose of controlling people, by brainwashing and using fear. Except Buddhism, which is a philosophy.

People claiming economic problems exist because of immigrants profiting from welfare are incorrect, this is another lie to distract people from the real truth.

Also, the reason these "terrorists" exist is because their country is being attacked, and innocent people are being murdered. The USA has drone strikes every day that kill many innocent people, and it has been estimated that nearly 2 million civilians died in iraq/afghanistan due to "collateral damage" (look for it on youtube). What would you do if you were a citizen of iraq or afghanistan, and came back from work only to find your wife and children murdered by the invaders? You would become very susceptible for people who want to recruit you for their organisation that wants to fight to free the country, right? This is why there is a common hate for america and "the west" in that area.
Last edited by Hoi on 22 Jul 2011, 18:24, edited 2 times in total.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Otherside wrote:I think its time for governments to stop being politically correct and start routing out everyone its border lining on something extreme to strengthen my viewpoint now in how bad it is affecting the world.

I hate to criticize everyone in a world and I am sure the vast majority of people are not fanatical but the fact that they can co-exist with normal people and are not routed sort of lets them think its ok.

Its time for the world to take a stand.. so fucking what if someone did something you didn't like that gives you no right to kill people.
Fixed that for you.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I don't see catholicism endorsing this sort of thing neither do any Muslims I know and if they did it would be fighting words. FACT.

You are comparing antigay stances to bombing terrible comparison. Use something which involves killing, what about Christians attacking abortion doctors that is closer right? but see the difference is they target individuals not indescriminant violence!
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:I don't see catholicism endorsing this sort of thing neither do any Muslims I know and if they did it would be fighting words. FACT.

You are comparing antigay stances to bombing terrible comparison. Use something which involves killing, what about Christians attacking abortion doctors that is closer right? but see the difference is they target individuals not indescriminant violence!
I in no way think these attacks are a good thing, but people target an entire group for the actions of a few and it has to stop. This is exactly the same as when a black guy steals something people say that black people are evil and thiefs, and and when a white guy steals something they say that he is a thief.

And while statistically black people disobey the law more, we all know that's because the socioeconomic position they are in and can't get out because people are ignorant and refuse to see the problem and do something about it. The same applies to muslims, they have many of those extremists because of the situation in the middle east, and it's almost impossible for them to do something about it. At the moment we stop raping, killing, exploiting and abusing them like slaves, things will improve.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Oh you edited to political sandbox also.. Yeah gg

You are describing a country in war having civilian casualties where the fighting is happening? Dude the fuck? I don't want anyone to die but civilians getting killed during an invasion is going to happen. The malicious attacks that terorists do are indescriminant the are not trying to hit a military target they arresting to cause panic! If you think the us military wastes jetfuel attacking random civies you need to wake the fuck up. Accidents happen, people get caught in the crossfire. It sucks but it isn't on purpose

Re: your new reply;
I made it clear my issue is how the extremists are know, not reported, charged or attacked by other Muslims who know who they are. It pisses me off. It makes the Muslim world look like assholes! The extremists use a perverted Koran and are the minority shitty on their brother Muslims.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a1PM6YB8wg

Sweden getting owned by Islam just because of immigration.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

Accidents happen, people get caught in the crossfire. It sucks but it isn't on purpose
http://www.rollingstone.com/kill-team

just playing a little devils advocate here
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:I made it clear my issue is how the extremists are know, not reported, charged or attacked by other Muslims who know who they are. It pisses me off. It makes the Muslim world look like assholes! The extremists use a perverted Koran and are the minority shitty on their brother Muslims.
Who said a lot of them don't do this? But what you have to realize is that they are the victim, and it is all about perspective. America is fighting terrible wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, with 2 million civilian deaths. Don't give me this "war is nasty" bullshit talk. This war is imperialism, and soldiers and people are being used as peons to generate profit for your corporations and politicians. 9/11? I don't know enough about it to say who did it, but I am skeptical. Assuming it was bin laden, that still doesn't mean you can invade 2 countries and kill 2 million civilians... no excuse for that and these new terrorists and extremists are a logical consequence of those deaths!

These people see reports of civilian deaths every day, and most probably lost someone who they knew. Why do you think they hate the west? Why do you think they do not charge or stop the extremists? In their eyes these people are fighting for their freedom, and they are correct. That does not mean they are doing it in a nice way, but neither is america.

Basically, if you fuck off and go home, extremists will thin by a lot. But, that isn't going to happen, because the middle east is being exploited in the name of capitalism and corporate profit (remember cheney saying that pipelines from iraq to usa should be built years ago?). Meanwhile the governments in western countries use the lie to make people more afraid, and take their rights and freedom step by step in the name of "security". Patriot act? Camera's everywhere? Airport scanners? Internet censorship? Terrorist watchlist with more than 1.000.000 (a million!) people on it?! That kind of stuff, and there are many more examples. It's actually illegal to film or photograph the police in germany, the uk and the usa (some states if not all). More and more of the same laws are being applied everywhere around the world. Meanwhile muslim terrorism kills less people globally than peanut butter allergy.

I finish this rant with a quote of Manning's story. This quote, kaisers link, and "collateral damage" (see youtube) are examples of what is happening.
For Manning, nothing was okay. In ­October 2009, he arrived at Forward ­Operating Base Hammer, a dusty back­water 40 miles from Baghdad. . . . Usually, there was a large central TV screen where an analyst could watch the war play in endless loop. You could zoom in on the raw footage from helicopters or even helmet cams. At times it felt like watching nonstop snuff films. . . .

An intel analyst sat at his work station and targeted the enemy, reducing a human being to a few salient points. Then he made a quick decision based on imperfect information: kill, capture, exploit, source. Any illusions Manning had about saving lives quickly vanished. At one point, he went to a superior with what he believed to be a mistake. The Iraqi ­Federal Police had rounded up innocent people, he said. Get back to work, he was told. . . .

He told the counselor about a targeting mission gone bad in Basra. "Two groups of locals were converging in this one area. Manning was trying to figure out why they were meeting," the counselor told me. On Manning's information, the Army moved swiftly, ­dispatching a unit to hunt them down. Manning had thought all went well, until a superior explained the outcome. "Ultimately, some guy loosely connected to the group got killed," the counselor said. To the counselor, it was clear: Manning felt that there was blood on his hands. "He was very, very distressed."

About that time, Manning later ┬¡explained, "everything started slipping." Manning, it turned out, wasnÔÇÖt built for this kind of war. "i was a *part* of something ÔǪ i was actively involved in something that i was completely against." The job wore down lots of soldiers. Some survived by becoming desensitized -- the blood and death goes right past them. Manning took it personally. According to the government, it was in November 2009, the same month that he reached out to the gender counselor, that ┬¡Manning began to work with WikiLeaksÔÇÖ ┬¡Julian ┬¡Assange, "a candidate for the most dangerous man in the world," as Daniel ┬¡Ellsberg, leaker of the Pentagon papers, later put it.
Last edited by Hoi on 22 Jul 2011, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

And yes I will focus on Islam because even though I also think Christianity is a crock of shit the most extreme your going to get from a Christian most of the time is some gay hating.

The religion is the problem its a shame that alot of the people are decent.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I tend to think that people are inherently evil and religion is a convenient excuse.

Afterthought edit: After all, who created religion? People did!

Afterafterthought edit: I say 'evil' but I don't really mean something that implies such black and white morality. It would be better to say, people have inherently flawed ideals.
Last edited by luckywaldo7 on 22 Jul 2011, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

My lunchbreak is about to end but the 2 million casualties I want a citation.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Otherside wrote:And yes I will focus on Islam because even though I also think Christianity is a crock of shit the most extreme your going to get from a Christian most of the time is some gay hating.

The religion is the problem its a shame that alot of the people are decent.
Some quick googling, and I copy-pasted this small list. Also add to it, the inquisition, crusades, and many many more.

A Mosque Shooting in Australia
English White Youth's Beat Muslim Father to Death
Christian Mobs Murder Muslims
Eric Rudolph - The Christian bomber
Christian Terrorists Massacre Eight Hindu Civilians in India
Christian Terrorists Kill 44, Wound 118 in Attacks in Northeast India
Baptist Church Backs Terrorism in North-East India
Terrorists in North-East India get American Support
Christian Terrorist Cells in the USA
Good Old Christian Terrorism

Try looking at things from other perspectives and you will see that things are not like you think they are.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:My lunchbreak is about to end but the 2 million casualties I want a citation.
Quoting the guardian:
Using the 2005 census total of 4,050,597 households in Iraq, this suggests 1,220,580 deaths since the invasion. Accounting for a standard margin of error, ORB says, "We believe the range is a minimum of 733,158 to a maximum of 1,446,063."
And this is only civilian causalities from Iraq. It does not include soldiers from any country, or any death in Afghanistan. It also only includes direct deaths, so deaths due to bad food or water, stress or similar things are not included. Assuming 2 million is very reasonable and I once read an article that had a great argument for the 2 million amount, but unfortunately I can't find it anymore.

Whether it is 1 or 2 million, you still ignored the rest of my post. Please respond to it, I am not going to argue about 1 or 2 million.
smoth

Post by smoth »

My luck break is over, arguing something like this has to wait until I get home when I am on my own time.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:My luck break is over, arguing something like this has to wait until I get home when I am on my own time.
Ok then, sorry that I accused you of dodging the argument, I didn't know you had to work. Silly timezones, it's evening here.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

smoth wrote: This is what I don't understand, why Muslims don't beat the fuck out of the terrorist for making their lives hell by association. It's fucking stupid even rednecks beat up westboro baptist but Muslims are not going to flog those fucking dangerous terrorists? Confounding!
Probably cuz the one have guns and the others dont. :lol:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”