League of Legends - Page 39

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Valheru

Re: League of Legends

Post by Valheru »

The problem is most players are going to be playing in the west.. Theyre going to have to give west far bigger servers to cope with the huge number of players and we're back to square one.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Breaking news, the EU server is still down !
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Valheru wrote:The problem is most players are going to be playing in the west.. Theyre going to have to give west far bigger servers to cope with the huge number of players and we're back to square one.
This is my biggest fear. Everybody will still move to west and nothing will change ^^
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

lawl nice one riot split the community into 3 sections to force people to have 3 accounts and more $$$ instead of getting more/better servers.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Otherside wrote:lawl nice one riot split the community into 3 sections to force people to have 3 accounts and more $$$ instead of getting more/better servers.
Yeah...
I wish HON wasn't so shit, id totally switch over.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Gota wrote:
Otherside wrote:lawl nice one riot split the community into 3 sections to force people to have 3 accounts and more $$$ instead of getting more/better servers.
Yeah...
I wish HON wasn't so shit, id totally switch over.
HoN is shit if your shit at HoN. LoL can appeal to a casual solo player, HoN won't.
Gota

Post by Gota »

So why do you like it than?Oh wait, you always pick some game and than defend it till death do you part....
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

TheMightyOne wrote:
Valheru wrote:The problem is most players are going to be playing in the west.. Theyre going to have to give west far bigger servers to cope with the huge number of players and we're back to square one.
This is my biggest fear. Everybody will still move to west and nothing will change ^^
oh oh http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... p?t=283475
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Gota wrote:So why do you like it than?Oh wait, you always pick some game and than defend it till death do you part....
I defend the superior product, I still consider Dota the superior game in in the genre but can't get over the datedness of the engine and the restrictions of the engine. If Dota was in HoN's engine I would stop playing HoN. Maybe when Dota 2 comes out I will move on.

I am equally if not more critical of HoN than I am of LoL maybe because I care about it more because I think it is better.
scifi

Post by scifi »

From beta days, i consider HoN superior grafical wise, better consistency between champions and theyr art.

Gameplay wise, HoN isnt so forgiving, when you dye you loose money e.t.c.., the champions roles are a lot more defined when playing, you cant diverge from a core build, if you try a diferent build it may cost you a match. Some say it is more chalenging than LOL, i say its a superior game but not as fun as LOL.
HoN only recently had a good matchmaking system from what im aware off, while LoL had a good matchmaking system for some time, although its harder to review strategys and review games in LoL.

LoL can be competitive in ranked and fun in casual games, thats its core advantage over HoN.

Comunity wise HoN tends to be more intensive, people pay to play.:wink:
Gota

Post by Gota »

You have hard carries in HON.
Some champs are complete shit late game while others are amazing.
I dont like such gameplay.

I have not heard a single objective argument about why HoN is better than LoL gameplay wise...
smoth

Post by smoth »

Hons art:
unit textures are low res speed textured tripe.
The mobs are generic and uninspired
The ui is unattractive and cumbersome
The fx hurt visual recOgnition of characters (ESP that ugly glow)
The level objects look like juniors first models

The only good part is the level texture is nice.

Maybe in beta it was better but the visuals of that game greatly turned me off.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Whats true is true, the textures are not of a high quality.
HoN's champions and art design just look more "serious" and homogenous compared to LoL's art.
smoth

Post by smoth »

God that is terrible and honestly there are many that are even worse.

Part of what turned me off to the design also is the homogenous appearance. Don't get me wrong both games have consistent style but hon has less detail and is very samey. At least for most of the characters.

Also it is hard to take the art seriously when most of the women have tits that would make yula nova or hanai Miri lol. Don't get me started on the waterbaloon boob anims etc.

Just seems like they were speed texturing and then made it grey for seriousness... While having shit like that retarded turtle... But they are serious and hardcore, like hot topic
scifi

Post by scifi »

in terms of comparison i still prefer HoN style to LOL, its a mater of taste, LoL Its to cartoonish for my taste.

I prefer the darker style of HoN.

Ofc games like battleforge have a bit better grafics, but still...........

battleforge pic
smoth

Post by smoth »

Hon's textures are only less saturated and a few contain more noise. Take a closer look and you'll find the hon skins to be horribly cartoony
Gota

Post by Gota »

Is battleforge viable to be played free to play or can you only get good if you spend money?
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

You have to be good at working the ingame market for a profit if you don't spend money. It IS viable if you have patience
Gota

Post by Gota »

What does working the in game market mean?
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

Keeping track of price trends and selling cards higher than you buy them (basically making free bfp)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”